Bellazon

General Discussion

Neo52285

I agree that surely she didn't want to refer to her work with VS and possibly referred to Love Magazine's videos and other similar publications, but even if she had expressed herself well, her attitude would still be quite hypocritical. Why make those videos for, let's suppose, Love Magazine is an empty cause but nevertheless, work for Victoria's Secret what is it supposed to be? an act of feminism? I don't think so. She will have expressed herself badly, but what she has post is still a little hypocritical.

7 minutes ago, Souled-Out said:

Adriana HERSELF is just not gonna do it. She isn't going to use social media to confirm something this serious. The best we will get is something from her team

You're right and I suppose it would be better that it be so, because she would mess it up even more.

45 minutes ago, ramires said:

Her (Nicol’s) Turkish husband cheated on her and she isgetting divorce. She asked an advice on FB from her divorced friends including adriana. Adriana even commented on her posts and said smthng supportive. She turned to drama queen on FB and it was clear by her convo with her friends she believes her husband did this bc of her ‘extra weight’. And after her BD party all of her neurotic posts disappeared on FB and she went private on instagram.

oh ok didnt knew that. thanks

1 hour ago, notthatkindagirl said:

@Souled-Out Yikes, you're right. Metin has to be at least a little worried about the press. Messy.

Exactly, he really thinks getting a person who has modeled for 18 years to say this wasn't going to make people raise eyebrows and look at him weirdly. Hell no. It makes no sense. And I am glad even the media and general public is calling him out on it. He is slowly trying to change this woman.

Like @Sanni said, men will desire someone as beautiful as Adriana and love the fact that they grab a model but then once that model is actually "his", they want to change them. Make them more conservative. Convince them to cover up more and not show themselves as much. I have a feeling thats what metin is also about, I mean literally the media is basically calling him out on it now, and they aren't big fans of Adriana like us. But they can still see what's going on.

1 hour ago, emerald7 said:

People.com also posted something that she wont leave. But i cant open it now.

http://people.com/style/adriana-lima-not-leaving-victorias-secret/

yeah its not true then and her team is doing it. Which is good because Adriana does not need to be making anymore statements right now on social media. Lets be real. She isn't leaving VS. Thats it.

I'm glad Adriana is not leaving VS. I Think VS is a joke these days but at least it enables us to see more of Adriana. As it is right now I don't think Adriana would be that relevant without VS. Even with ABS.

But as a fan of Adriana's I want to say that this whole thing was so unnecessary. She should have just NOT. Now she is kind of justifiably going to be called out as hypocritical. Because I think even though Adriana thinks VS means more to her than any other endeavor thst requires removal of clothing, no one else is going to understand that or care for that explanation. 

She gave us all a stroke that could have been avoided. Lesson learned though! 

1 hour ago, fieldofoptics said:

I'm glad Adriana is not leaving VS. I Think VS is a joke these days but at least it enables us to see more of Adriana. As it is right now I don't think Adriana would be that relevant without VS. Even with ABC. 

But as a fan of Adriana's I want to say that this whole thing was so unnecessary. She should have just NOT. Now she is kind of justifiably going to be called out as hypocritical. Because I think even though Adriana thinks VS means more to her than any other endeavor thst requires removal of clothing, no one else is going to understand that or care for that explanation. 

She gave us all a stroke that could have been avoided. Lesson learned though! 

True but, I guess she thinks VS is worth it. Calling her hypocritical would be putting it nicely lol. But big VS fans should know, she does love the brand, tbh I think the VS fans specifically should be just as mad at themselves. We were wrong too. Atleast metin hasn't taken that away her love for VS... yet.

But I still hope this doesn't mess up the rest of her career. I wouldn't be shocked if it did.

The only good thing about this is, we KNOW Adriana isn't going to retire like this. That was the main thing. Adriana could have left, but not in a way where people think she bashed them on the way out. I am just glad that isn't the case and she is sticking to walking til her 20th.

I'm glad we've finally got an answer and that she's not leaving VS just yet. 

I'm still concerned about her relationship with Metin and the hold he seems to have over her. I know she's a grown women and can do what she wants, but someone needs to intervene and have a serious conversation with her before it's too late. She's such a caring and loyal person, and I'd hate to see him take advantage of her. 

I was almost 100% sure VS didn't want to renew her contract and she felt betrayed by them. Why did she unfollowed Ed, Monica, some angels??? Adriana was drunk or something when she made that post and started unfollowing the people. I need a break from this

1 hour ago, MariaL said:

I was almost 100% sure VS didn't want to renew her contract and she felt betrayed by them. Why did she unfollowed Ed, Monica, some angels??? Adriana was drunk or something when she made that post and started unfollowing the people. I need a break from this

1. She unfollowed ed and Vs acount literally months ago. Back when she was still saying she was going to walk vs til 40. So its nothing personal. Furthermore when she unfollowed some angels, she also unfollowed non angels and regular models like bella hadid. It wasn't just angels, it was models and celebs.

2. Adriana didn't unfollow monica. Nor did she david john (whose photo she liked last week at the fashion show) nor jerome. She didn't unfollow everybody, we were trying to tell people this.

3. I was personally sure it wasn't a contract thing because I know that VS already went through that process and I know they were planning on keeping her

Adriana always follows and unfollows people. Thats just her, probably because she is a gemini. But follows aren't that serious to her. Even people who didn't follow her back, she still followed and stuff. It won't ever be that serious for her as it is everybody else. She just always unfollows groups of people at a time. I think simply because of feed aesthetics.

2 hours ago, NoDoubt said:

I'm glad we've finally got an answer and that she's not leaving VS just yet. 

I'm still concerned about her relationship with Metin and the hold he seems to have over her. I know she's a grown women and can do what she wants, but someone needs to intervene and have a serious conversation with her before it's too late. She's such a caring and loyal person, and I'd hate to see him take advantage of her. 

+1 He is literally making Adriana hard to understand lately. Something tells me even her team were thrown for a loop with this.

1 hour ago, Corner said:

@Souled-Out is the press really calling Metin out? Which sites/publications?

I haven't read every article on it, and there were MANY made about this. But Page Six did. Legit said she seemed to have said this because of metin. And they even quoted Metin's responses to it.

You know its bad when the press call you out on it.

By the way he is STILL looking at the comments under his repost.

I think the person (brand) who call her is like: "I will never ever call this crazy woman again" hahaha What about just say: No, I don't want do this type of work anymore bye! 

I don't think this unfollow of people is "not personal"! How she chooses?!

I know she wanted to give a positive message for women, something feminist..but she failed imo..Better than this is act in a feminist way and not let a guy like metin manipulate her with fake words