Bellazon

General Discussion

Neo52285

I may be completely wrong, but my theory is about the politics of the body in fashion. we know that arriving at age 36 with the body of Adriana is a privilege for the few. she said that a friend was dissatisfied with her body and then she started thinking about everything. perhaps she is no longer happy with this pressure imposed by fashion, such as having a standard body.

of course it may also be related to the culture of Metin but Adriana has already made lingerie dating him, so I believe not...

VS fans need to keep their shit

1 hour ago, emerald7 said:

It’s unclear exactly what prompted Lima’s change of heart, but it’s possible she was influenced by her latest love, Turkish writer Metin Hara, to whom she’s been linked since June.

Hara reposted Lima’s missive, captioning the message, “Each soul on the path of awakening carries a great burden in his/her heart… The dream for a better world… For one, for all.”

A rep for the stunner did not immediately return a request for comment.

When literally even the PRESS thinks. Its more than Just Adriana fans and VS fans that Metin has to worry about. The fucking general public thinks it too, thats about to become ATTACHED to his name and legacy. A brainwasher that could possibly have ruined someone's career. Lets see him have fan taking pride with THAT because now he publicly looks bad now too

Just now, Souled-Out said:

Because they are choosing not wait for an actual confirmation.

Yeah pretty much. And it's always the fans who know the least about how the business works. They're trying to pitch this feud narrative. VS can be shady. But as if they're dumb enough to shade someone that worked for them for nearly 20 years with something petty like that. Please. It's stupidity but the fact that Adriana makes possible this kind of idiot speculation is frustrating. Like yes people do it anyway all the time but this post and her lack of any kind of explanation is just annoying. 

3 minutes ago, Souled-Out said:

When literally even the PRESS thinks. Its more than Just Adriana fans and VS fans that Metin has to worry about. The fucking general public thinks it too, thats about to become ATTACHED to his name and legacy. A brainwasher that could possibly have ruined someone's career. Lets see him have fan taking pride with THAT because now he publicly looks bad now too

Yikes!!! I didn't even read the article because it's page six and they make everyone look as bad as humanly possible. But that's a pretty damning evaluation. And seemingly true. She can still try to salvage this by just going with the vs is empowering routine. She'll have some haters that will mock her on every photo but she can still come out of it not completely scathed. Come on adriana!!!! 

1 hour ago, Ann11 said:

I absolutely adore Adriana, but if she leaves now, in this way, because of sick boyfriend, I'm loosing all my respect to her. She could have been a supermodel and now it could all collapse because of what?? If by 'empty cause' she consideres VS, she should leave, cuz they are feeding you girl and if it's because of LOVE advent, she should have kept her mouth shut. Taylor Hill did it, so does that mean that Taylor is worse than Adriana? NO. Really dissapointed.

Ann, I actually think some of this is unfair. There are a lot of things that have been said about Adriana in the past 48 hours that I don't agree with but I wouldn't call unfair. Examples:

- "she is saying this because she's getting old"

- "she already made money from the industry so it's easy to say this now"

- "vs wasn't going to renew her contract she's just flipping it"

-"hypocrite"

I disagree with all of those things but that logic in my opinion can still be rational or make sense. I think it's fundamentally unfair though to say that she's trying to say other women are below her or wrong because they don't share her view. It's not necessarily anti feminist or anti women for her to say she now feels like she doesn't want to be objected or take her clothes off. I mean most of us here are critical because we doubt it's really her choice. But without that speculation and looking just at her words...where did she say women who do that are lesser? She may not be close to Taylor but she is to Lais and Ale. They take their clothes off for modeling all the time. They didn't view her words as demeaning to them? Because she was speaking for herself. And what she thinks adds to societal pressure for women. I can see how someone might say "well if she's condemning the industry...she's condemning those apart of it". And there is some validity to that but my take is that it's still different from her thinking she's morally superior. Just my opinion. 

42 minutes ago, emerald7 said:

It’s unclear exactly what prompted Lima’s change of heart, but it’s possible she was influenced by her latest love, Turkish writer Metin Hara, to whom she’s been linked since June.

Hara reposted Lima’s missive, captioning the message, “Each soul on the path of awakening carries a great burden in his/her heart… The dream for a better world… For one, for all.”

A rep for the stunner did not immediately return a request for comment.

So the team has been contacted. Maybe now they get that this is serious and that so many fans are waiting for a little clarity? Hopefully they come out with some statement soon, I mean we're all in the dark now but so many of us seriously care about the woman as fans for a long time now.

24 minutes ago, emerald7 said:

why do you think that??

Her (Nicol’s) Turkish husband cheated on her and she isgetting divorce. She asked an advice on FB from her divorced friends including adriana. Adriana even commented on her posts and said smthng supportive. She turned to drama queen on FB and it was clear by her convo with her friends she believes her husband did this bc of her ‘extra weight’. And after her BD party all of her neurotic posts disappeared on FB and she went private on instagram.

Edited by ramires

2 minutes ago, nhlovesadri said:

Take it with all the necessary braces, because it's TMZ, but they wrote that they "have been told" she wasn't referring to VS:

http://www.tmz.com/2017/12/11/adriana-lima-not-leaving-victorias-secret/

Oh my, if this is true she actually did the 'VS empowers women' thing. :rofl: Hoping it's true though.

6 minutes ago, fieldofoptics said:

Ann, I actually think some of this is unfair. There are a lot of things that have been said about Adriana in the past 48 hours that I don't agree with but I wouldn't call unfair. Examples:

- "she is saying this because she's getting old"

- "she already made money from the industry so it's easy to say this now"

- "vs wasn't going to renew her contract she's just flipping it"

-"hypocrite"

I disagree with all of those things but that logic in my opinion can still be rational or make sense. I think it's fundamentally unfair though to say that she's trying to say other women are below her or wrong because they don't share her view. It's not necessarily anti feminist or anti women for her to say she now feels like she doesn't want to be objected or take her clothes off. I mean most of us here are critical because we doubt it's really her choice. But without that speculation and looking just at her words...where did she say women who do that are lesser? She may not be close to Taylor but she is to Lais and Ale. They take their clothes off for modeling all the time. They didn't view her words as demeaning to them? Because she was speaking for herself. And what she thinks adds to societal pressure for women. I can see how someone might say "well if she's condemning the industry...she's condemning those apart of it". And there is some validity to that but my take is that it's still different from her thinking she's morally superior. Just my opinion. 

I understand what you're saying, and yes a lot has been said in last few days, which I also don't agree with. Also, yes, I think she was influenced and I'm sad because of that.

But what I was trying to say is that as it is nice that she wants change public view of beauty, there will always be someone who is hurt. For example, when Ashley Graham put her picture on VS she was accused of body shaming slim models. Some people praised her for fighting for diversity, but some indicated that just because typical VS models are slim that doesn't mean they are not heathy or good enough. 

If so, it's even more necessary that Adriana clarify it, although I see it very complicated that she can repair the damage she has done in her own image. For many she will be a great hypocrite and I can't say that I don't agree with them. Working for VS is one of those empty causes to which she referred.

16 minutes ago, nhlovesadri said:

Take it with all the necessary braces, because it's TMZ, but they wrote that they "have been told" she wasn't referring to VS:

http://www.tmz.com/2017/12/11/adriana-lima-not-leaving-victorias-secret/

That’s enough for me. I know TMZ is trash but besides that baby lie with Edelman, they’ve been pretty accurate with Adriana news. Remember, she went to them about her lost dog Ivy & I’m sure it was her team who went to TMZ about her still dating Julian when those Ryan Seacrest dating rumors started.

STILL, she should have PERSONALLY clarified it. 

1 hour ago, EmmaParis said:

If so, it's even more necessary that Adriana clarify it, although I see it very complicated that she can repair the damage she has done in her own image. For many she will be a great hypocrite and I can't say that I don't agree with them. Working for VS is one of those empty causes to which she referred.

Adriana HERSELF is just not gonna do it. She isn't going to use social media to confirm something this serious. The best we will get is something from her team