Bellazon

General Discussion

Neo52285

1 hour ago, Yemen said:

I probably don't know enough about VS because it's news to me that they would leave Adriana out of shooting VS lingerie. Why?! Since they don't have swimwear anymore-- what does she shoot? Just VSX/sport? :dry: I know they use her for events and what not but she still looks great in photoshoots and her body, although it's not my favorite among the VS girls, is still on point. Didn't someone on here mention that she commented somewhere that she misses shooting VS lingerie? Why won't they let her. :/

@Souled-Out:

I know we're all over this, at this point, but yes - exactly THIS. I found it funny that they got more attention for breaking up than they ever did for being a couple.

And thats only because Adriana is seen as a hot person who is single. Or a hot person who got "dumped" lol . Its because of Adriana more so than anything. Never forget when they went out, people were very sure that was adriana, but thought julian was scott eastwood

8 minutes ago, Souled-Out said:

VS is simply stupid in their decisions these days. Even when it comes to the shows. They give Adriana these lack luster outfits, some shows they barely want to show her. And when fans complain about it, they say, they can't keep giving the same model the same chances to get one of the best outfits, or fbs and etc. (Literally someone who makes the outfits at the fittings really did say this, and says they find it heartbreaking that people think they are just trying to not care about adriana)

Damn, so they admit that they want to push some other girls and thus give them better outfits?

@Souled-Out I agree with much of what you said and also disagree. I don't think that there is a proven direct correlation between Adriana modeling for VS swim/Lingerie and sales not dropping, there are several market factors that go into this, and correlating on the basis of an event doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It's no secret that she is their best known and most adored model, but it's pretty hard to calculate something like that with certainty when you consider all the factors in play.

I do agree though that they make very confusing and inconsistent choices. It's hard to reconcile some of these as a fan. For example, I don't even like the fact that they have 15 angels now and as a result for a couple years, Adriana has been getting only two outfits. I don't like the attention they give to social media girls like Gigi and Kendall, but the reason why is very transparent. They need the press and are primarily concerned about the business. As a fan I am super annoyed by this, I don't care about VS really, just Adriana. But if I try to look at this objectively, I can understand how they might want to give lesser known models the spotlight in hopes of boosting their popularity, since they're younger and bound to be around. I remember when they let Candice open the show for the first time and she fell flat (to her credit she has become so much better), I felt that even though she was being used quite a lot, they really jumped the gun on when they allowed her to open-- and then for years after it seemed like VS was largely the Candice show. but moves like this speak to sustaining a brand. I also think the same about PR events. With something as huge as a store opening in China, they're going to want the longest serving model that is with the company and a brand on her own. I don't think that company execs look at fairness in the same way that we might. To them, she is being paid the big bucks and if PR is where their strategy places her-- that's the route they'll go. I have been disappointed too by the lackluster outfits they give her (and just the production of the show in general). That part I don't really understand and do agree with you on. I mean, sure give the other girls great outfits and coverage because you want to boost their popularity, but why give her complete crap? Haha. I don't think they intentionally do it but it's kind of bizarre. She pulls it off so it's no problem but remember the blue and orange cape thing they gave her? LOL. Or even the outfit in the last show where she walked in the segment with the Weeknd. It doesn't look that bad when she's wearing it because she makes anything work. But they are hideous. I also have this theory that they pay attention to how outfits fit on certain models more so than others, and compliment that by picking outfits that really WORK for them. It seems like they really customize what they give Candice (in most vsfs segments - not all, but most) to really highlight her amazing body. With Adriana, they give her outfits that accent her her body fully the year where she's coming off her pregnancy (that red outfit) but then the rest of the years following, there is always one outfit where you're like ???? why!

The reason I bring up VS Lingerie and am confused about that is because it's harder to see how that's a business decision that is saving them a ton of money or time. They have so many girls that all look the same in the VS catalog... surely a few photos of Adriana in there in lingerie can't really hurt, and isn't taking away from exposure of the other girls. It's also not that tough to shoot. It kind of makes me wonder a bit. Especially since Adriana keeps referencing that she wants to stick around until she's 40. What will they have her do for the next 4-5 years? Haha

3 hours ago, Sanni said:

Damn, so they admit that they want to push some other girls and thus give them better outfits?

Yup, surely did. I have screen shots but can't share them at the moment. But someone did attempt to give an explanation. 

2 hours ago, Yemen said:

@Souled-Out I agree with much of what you said and also disagree. I don't think that there is a proven direct correlation between Adriana modeling for VS swim/Lingerie and sales not dropping, there are several market factors that go into this, and correlating on the basis of an event doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It's no secret that she is their best known and most adored model, but it's pretty hard to calculate something like that with certainty when you consider all the factors in play.

I do agree though that they make very confusing and inconsistent choices. It's hard to reconcile some of these as a fan. For example, I don't even like the fact that they have 15 angels now and as a result for a couple years, Adriana has been getting only two outfits. I don't like the attention they give to social media girls like Gigi and Kendall, but the reason why is very transparent. They need the press and are primarily concerned about the business. As a fan I am super annoyed by this, I don't care about VS really, just Adriana. But if I try to look at this objectively, I can understand how they might want to give lesser known models the spotlight in hopes of boosting their popularity, since they're younger and bound to be around. I remember when they let Candice open the show for the first time and she fell flat (to her credit she has become so much better), I felt that even though she was being used quite a lot, they really jumped the gun on when they allowed her to open-- and then for years after it seemed like VS was largely the Candice show. but moves like this speak to sustaining a brand. I also think the same about PR events. With something as huge as a store opening in China, they're going to want the longest serving model that is with the company and a brand on her own. I don't think that company execs look at fairness in the same way that we might. To them, she is being paid the big bucks and if PR is where their strategy places her-- that's the route they'll go. I have been disappointed too by the lackluster outfits they give her (and just the production of the show in general). That part I don't really understand and do agree with you on. I mean, sure give the other girls great outfits and coverage because you want to boost their popularity, but why give her complete crap? Haha. I don't think they intentionally do it but it's kind of bizarre. She pulls it off so it's no problem but remember the blue and orange cape thing they gave her? LOL. Or even the outfit in the last show where she walked in the segment with the Weeknd. It doesn't look that bad when she's wearing it because she makes anything work. But they are hideous. I also have this theory that they pay attention to how outfits fit on certain models more so than others, and compliment that by picking outfits that really WORK for them. It seems like they really customize what they give Candice (in most vsfs segments - not all, but most) to really highlight her amazing body. With Adriana, they give her outfits that accent her her body fully the year where she's coming off her pregnancy (that red outfit) but then the rest of the years following, there is always one outfit where you're like ???? why!

The reason I bring up VS Lingerie and am confused about that is because it's harder to see how that's a business decision that is saving them a ton of money or time. They have so many girls that all look the same in the VS catalog... surely a few photos of Adriana in there in lingerie can't really hurt, and isn't taking away from exposure of the other girls. It's also not that tough to shoot. It kind of makes me wonder a bit. Especially since Adriana keeps referencing that she wants to stick around until she's 40. What will they have her do for the next 4-5 years? Haha

I agree. I think everyone jumped the gun with Candice . and mostly still does. VS obviously has moved on from trying to make that happen though.  

True there is no proof about the correlation of Adriana's existence and lingerie. I just find it very ironic that everything she doesn't get to touch dies ( swim, catalogs, the general clothing like they use to have). But everything she does get to touch live. Their vsx sales started doing better after she was used, it wasn't doing well before hand. And adriana is always known to having good impact on anything she is promoting. Hell no, it wouldn't hurt to have her shooting for lingerie out all. They appear to need it lol. Those sales are failing last I checked. 

I don't believe one second that they don't give her bad outfits on purpose. They're always going on and on about how Adriana is the most famous angel, how she's been with the company the longest, etc, yet they "accidentally" forget to give her a beautiful outfit, the way they actually did years ago? Her outfits in her first few shows were beautiful, pretty much all the outfits from 99, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008 were perfection for her. I don't know why, but they are definitely giving other girls better outfits. Not that they don't deserve it of course, as everyone deserves a nice, well designed outfit, but it's absurd for them to act like they care so much about her yet she got really odd outfits last year. Still love that she rocked them and looked incredible. Only she could do that and she did, which says a lot.

How long has it been since she modelled for the lingerie? I feel like it's been years.

She just doesn't get it. Hopefully you posting it here maybe means someone from her team will see it (if they have accounts-- since it's a private board now). The Julian fans have already begun...

At this point though she maybe doesn't care about scrutiny and is more concerned with trying to make herself feel better via declarations of what she deserves/needs. Let's hope this was the last post of that sort.

12 minutes ago, Yemen said:

She just doesn't get it. Hopefully you posting it here maybe means someone from her team will see it (if they have accounts-- since it's a private board now). The Julian fans have already begun...

At this point though she maybe doesn't care about scrutiny and is more concerned with trying to make herself feel better via declarations of what she deserves/needs. Let's hope this was the last post of that sort.

Not surprised the Julian fans responded. She literally left the space there open for it . I mean even if it was somebody who didn't even have fans, some people would be aware and react the same . 

Nobody can can tell her to just get over it because those are her personal feelings, but she could do a better and honestly effective job of helping herself get over it. 

quotes aren't going to do anything but bring negativity on her 

Adriana wants to give advices to women about men (always after a "break up") but she's the last person that can do this, while she still chosing the worse type of men out there, still chosing the Edelmans... when she knew what he is.. this make her looks silly sorry!!

I think Edelman was definitely Adriana's type of man. He is athletes and has a good sense of humor and smart, probably. She said the same thing about Marko in an interview few years ago (so, Are Julian and Marko similar in personality? :huh::huh::huh:)
I think she needs a man who is older and richer (and taller) than her, and who lives close to her and has a big heart.....WHO??

I feel like she should have just liked that quote or saved it to her phone. Some things just need to be kept to yourself. This is just going to earn her more days of obsessive negativity thrown her way by "them."

I don't want to believe that she's not over it. Maybe she thought the quote was relevant and posted it to help others but even if that's the case, this is the guy who let a false baby story ride on her. He's not worth having followers even *think* that she's pining after.

2 hours ago, Adriana=GOAT said:

I feel like she should have just liked that quote or saved it to her phone. Some things just need to be kept to yourself. This is just going to earn her more days of obsessive negativity thrown her way by "them."

I don't want to believe that she's not over it. Maybe she thought the quote was relevant and posted it to help others but even if that's the case, this is the guy who let a false baby story ride on her. He's not worth having followers even *think* that she's pining after.

I agree 100%

10 minutes ago, emerald7 said:

Matt Harvey caught kissing Adriana Lima

asasasasasasasasasasasas.png.aeed41668cb6b955a150d8be6471c5d7.png

His fastball may be dropping off, but he’s still got game!

Here are the first photos of Mets bad boy pitcher Matt Harvey getting very cozy, and a little boozy, with Victoria’s Secret supermodel Adriana Lima during an intimate late-night, waterfront dinner in Miami.

The pair arrived by yacht, and then enjoyed champagne, margaritas, oysters, and each other for hours at the ritzy River Yacht Club.

http://pagesix.com/2017/03/16/matt-harvey-caught-kissing-adriana-lima/

i know when they first met this year. She follows him on Insta months before

Even as a big fan this is so disappointing. I really think Adriana needs more time to herself. That is something she never gives herself and it could probably do wonders for her and she could stop getting scorned in the end and she wouldn't have to worry about posting quotes on IG about men. Like forget men for a second lol, it would probably improve things for her.

Yikes. Its her life, but I personally don't think this is a good decision for her personally nor publicly.

2 minutes ago, Souled-Out said:

Even as a big fan this is so disappointing. I really think Adriana needs more time to herself. That is something she never gives herself and it could probably do wonders for her and she could stop getting scorned in the end and she wouldn't have to worry about posting quotes on IG about men. Like forget men for a second lol, it would probably improve things for her.

Yikes. Its her life, but I personally don't think this is a good decision for her personally nor publicly.

asasasasasasasasasasasas.png

WOW??????? You've got to be kidding. It has been like ONE WEEK.