Bellazon

General Discussion

Neo52285

Those girls know they're hot though. Why else would they have the guts to post pics like? Truly average/ugly girls wouldn't even bother. They probably get a lot of male attention so post photos to themselves to continue to boost their egos..lol.

I just watched the show. It was exactly what I expected it to be. The whole concept is a bit cheesy, but that's what that is. Granted, I probably wouldn't have watched this show had it not been for the fact that Adriana had been selected by VS to host it -- which is a nice gesture in my opinion.

That's funny! You seemed to be convinced that I was wrong when we argued about her recent appearances on TV. IMO she was just a pretty face with other people/models doing the talking. And now, when you saw that "Sexy List" special, which in your opinion was suppose to prove Adriana is still important for VS, you think my point of view was the obvious one?! Make up your mind fella! Is my point of view the obvious one or the wrong/pessimistic/negative one?

I'm against stupid or/and immature people. Those who can't admit she is over the top, that she isn't VS's pride and joy, that she has flaws. Again - it's not about being positive or negative. This is about being able to be critical about you idol and proving you are a mature person who's judgment of what's right or wrong isn't influenced by colorful pictures and interviews full of slogans.

Huh? All I wrote was
yea, that's why she was all over the morning shows last month promoting the show and why she's apparently been chosen to present this year's VS "What is sexy" list on E! special
(page 136) She did go to the those live shows to promote the show and she did present the "What is Sexy" list. So what's your point? I didn't even respond to your "predictions".

I meant an argument we had earlier. I think it was the one where we talked about the LL Show.

IMO she didn't present anything during the list special. She wasn't really hosting it. She was a pretty face used for promoting the event.

You don't think you can be negative and obvious / realistic at the same time? (...)

Thanks for the lecture, but it didn't answer my question. I wasn't asking about hypothetical situations. I wanted you to tell me how is it possible that my precise words quoted just some posts earlier were negative and obvious at the same time. Did I write she will be just a tiny part of the show AND that she will probably be bad and that it will most likely end her career? No! That would have been pessimistic.

What I wrote was realistic and it could only be seen as negative by people who expected to see something like an small Oscar ceremony with Adriana being in the center of attention and actually hosting the thing.

If you wrote some positive things about Adriana's ongoing career once in a while (there has been plenty of stuff to rave about as of lately), you might not come across as such a grouch.

The problem is that I figured out my positive comments would look pessimistic when surrounded by the hyper optimistic opinions usually posted here. Someone being realistic would look negative for people who normally only notice the bright side of things. That's why I try not to post comments at all. I only snap from time to time when I encounter too much naivety.

I don't want you out of here. I was just wondering why you keep coming here.

Because I'm an old Adriana fan who still is curious to see what will happen to her. BZ is a great place to find news and you don't have to go through so many childish opinions like on e.g. AFL. Beside that I feel a sentiment for this place and it's old users I enjoyed reading long before I bothered to register.

Ah, it's starting to make sense now. I think you've somehow become addicted to that feeling.

If I really enjoyed doing that wouldn't I come here more often? Wouldn't I go to a place like AFL where I could "attack" more people? Wouldn't I use every chance to write something negative and "feel smarter"? You just wrote yourself I don't bother to comment many things.

Let's play this "psychology" game for a little longer. Tell me dr. Freud what would be you opinion about people who are able to convince themselves that clearly negative things about their idol actually are positive. E.g. the idol humiliates themselves during an interview, but those people don't see it like that at all. They make up a story e.g. that the idol was insulted by something the interviewer did, and thanks to that story they convince themselves their idol's behavior wasn't humiliating, but rational. They aren't able to notice their own delusion even when the idol actually does the precise same thing that was suppose to insult him/her during the interview. What would be your opinion about those people's mental state?

Since we are already talking about why do people do certain things - why are you constantly attacking my posts? If I remember correctly we made an agreement that we will avoid each other. You were the one who broke it and you continue to do so.

Being wrong about what? Proving me wrong one time after another? What the hell are you talking about?

That she isn't spokesperson material and that VS knows it, that she doesn't know how to behave in front of a TV camera during interviews, that she had lost her chance to become really important for VS's marketing, that she is "slower" then most people, that the change in her look was sudden, etc. We argued about many little things and somehow I can't recall one you were right about.

Reply if you want to. I will not.

Milo, I've noticed the negativity too but I see both sides. While she definitely isn't the way she used to be back in, say 2005, the fact that she's still working for VS stands for something. It means that she's obviously a big asset to the company, regardless of her being a spokesperson or not. I myself was shocked that they used her as for the Superbowl advertisement because I thought for sure Alessandra would be the one or Karolina. It's no secret that she's not the main face of Victoria's Secret like she used to be but she's still very much a driving force in their marketing campaign. If she wasn't, she wouldn't be part of the Valentine's Day launch or even considered for the Superbowl commercial. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not as big a fan as I used to be but this is the modeling business. Obviously 2007 wasn't her best year but I think she's looking great so far and is making a comeback. That's pesky optimism on my part but so far I'm very impressed.

Of course she has flaws just like any other person but it's almost like you want to challenge the people in here. Yes, she's gained weight and I think that hindered her to a point and that sometimes, she could be lazy but if I were a ridiculously good looking model worth millions, I think I would be lazy too. I was just happy to see her on TV, personally. I think I was more impressed with her English being a lot better than it used to be. I just don't think that you can say that she's over the top when she's proving that she still has that spark. I'm not sure what you are expecting her to do, really. Obviously you are a fan of her still like you said but I think it's over the top the way you point out her flaws. I think only good things will come her way this year and she deserves it. I don't think she's perfect but I'm still a fan who thinks she's gorgeous and still has a long way to go. Obviously she's happy with where she is at and like most of us here, I think we're just excited to see where 08 holds for her. ;)

You said that very nicely, sao paulo, very polite. I saw that 'What Is Sexy' list and I loved it every time we got to see Adriana. Every time I see Adriana on something I can't help but just smile. She just seems like such a wonderful person. I'm not sitting there with a checklist on how she's supposed to look, what she's supposed to say, how she's supposed to act, what she's supposed to wear. I enjoy her for her. I'm a fan. Some people think too much about it. Just enjoy her.

I meant an argument we had earlier. I think it was the one where we talked about the LL Show.

You think? And so what were you right about and how did you prove me wrong?

Thanks for the lecture, but it didn't answer my question. I wasn't asking about hypothetical situations. I wanted you to tell me how is it possible that my precise words quoted just some posts earlier were negative and obvious at the same time. Did I write she will be just a tiny part of the show AND that she will probably be bad and that it will most likely end her career? No! That would have been pessimistic.

What I wrote was realistic and it could only be seen as negative by people who expected to see something like an small Oscar ceremony with Adriana being in the center of attention and actually hosting the thing.

I didn't say your predictions were negative in and of themselves.

I wrote:

I could be wrong but as far as I recall people were mostly voicing their disagreement with your negative attitude, not so much your actual predictions.

I was referring to comments such as this:

I really can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to let Adriana talk on her own for 60 minutes. Doing something like that would be a suicide attempt by VS...

Is it really beyond you how someone could perceive that as carrying a negative attitude? Coupled with the fact that you constantly choose to highlight the things she didn't do or didn't get, pick out her flaws and refrain from leaving compliments where compliments are due.

The problem is that I figured out my positive comments would look pessimistic when surrounded by the hyper optimistic opinions usually posted here. Someone being realistic would look negative for people who normally only notice the bright side of things. That's why I try not to post comments at all. I only snap from time to time when I encounter too much naivety.

No, a few positive comments from your side would help balance out your otherwise negative attitude and make you appear less obnoxious. Take someone like Melvaughn. She doesn't refrain from voicing her dislike of certain things Adriana but she's also mindful of giving compliments where compliments are due. I can totally respect that.

If I really enjoyed doing that wouldn't I come here more often? Wouldn't I go to a place like AFL where I could "attack" more people?

You probably come here often enough to get your needs covered? Why would you go to AFL to get banned?

That she isn't spokesperson material and that VS knows it, that she doesn't know how to behave in front of a TV camera during interviews, that she had lost her chance to become really important for VS's marketing, that she is "slower" then most people, that the change in her look was sudden, etc. We argued about many little things and somehow I can't recall one you were right about.

I never said she was a great spokesperson (or that she has the IQ of a rocket scientist). I said I didn't think her LL show performance was as outrageous as you were making it out as. How do you know what VS thinks of Adriana? The fact that she went to live shows to promote this year's show and presented the "What is sexy" list doesn't support the notion that VS dislikes her as a spokesperson, if anything it's the contrary. How is she not important for VS marketing? Does the fact that she's all over the Valentine's campaign and just starred in a multi-million dollar Superbowl commercial support the notion that she's not important for VS marketing? No, if anything it's the contrary.

If I remember correctly we made an agreement that we will avoid each other. You were the one who broke it and you continue to do so.

Haha, no we didn't. While I do remember you proposing such an agreement, I also remember dismissing it as silly.

why are you constantly attacking my posts?

I think it's hilarious how you perceive my response to your posts as "attacks". You seem intimidated.

Reply if you want to. I will not.

Of course you wont.