Bellazon

Marvel's Cloak and Dagger

peroxideblonde

MJLJnWK.jpg

Tandy Bowen and Tyrone Johnson, two teenagers from different backgrounds, acquire superpowers while forming a romantic relationship. They soon realize that their powers work better when they are together, "but their feelings for each other make their already complicated world even more challenging.

CAST

• Olivia Holt as Tandy Bowen / Dagger: A teenager with the ability to emit light daggers.
  • Aubrey Joseph as Tyrone Johnson / Cloak: A teenager with the ability to engulf others in darkness.
  • Andrea Roth as Melissa Bowen: Tandy's optimistic mother.
  • Gloria Reuben as Adina Johnson: Tyrone's mother who invests heavily in making sure her son has a good life.
  • Miles Mussenden as Michael Johnson: Tyrone's working class father who tries to provide for his family.
  • Carl Lundstedt as Liam: Tandy's criminal partner and boyfriend.
  • James Saito as Bernard Sanjo: Tyrone's unusual friend who is an emotional cornerstone in his life.
  • J.D. Evermore as Connors: An intimidating detective with a secret.

I'm a longstanding fan of Cloak and Dagger, ever since you could summon them in the old Spider-Man and Venom game for the SNES. :laugh:

The property is likely a bit too 80s to do a completely faithful adaptation, but the core elements lend themselves really well to what they'll be trying to do here. The two leads are high school-age kids from different sides of the tracks who live on their own and fight injustice, which suits the 'young adult' market down to the ground.

3 hours ago, peroxideblonde said:

i don't much about them and being on freeform i don't expect it to be like the Netflix shows but i'm curious and i'll try it for sure

Yeah, it'll most likely skew towards a younger audience than the Netflix stuff, but there's certainly potential there for it to be interestingly done. Aside from the love story aspect, they could really focus in on the teen homelessness aspect of their backstory. There’s a lot they can mine from it (drug addiction, prostitution/human trafficking etc) that could give the show real depth.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 0:49 AM, peroxideblonde said:

it looks better than i thought!

It looks pretty different from anything Marvel has done up to now, which is quite intriguing. I feel like the aim for this is to cross over to different audiences, so even if it ends up not appealing as much to you and I, it could be a way for them to expand beyond their built-in fanbase and those already watching the Netflix stuff, Legion, and to a lesser extent AoS. :smile:

On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 0:23 PM, peroxideblonde said:

yeah this is something different from them, i can see it doing really good with the younger audience since apart from AOS the rest is a little heavy and complicated for the teens

For a calculated step into a different genre, I think the source material is just right and of course, what we've seen so far looks pretty appropriate for teen drama land. It'll be interesting to see how the writers introduce their powers though, since the origin story from the books was very reminiscent of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in Age of Ultron. We'll see how it goes. :hehe:

• 1 year later...