Bellazon

IT (2017)

peroxideblonde

The trailer for IT has set a new record for the number of views in its first 24 hours.       

The trailer was viewed more than 197 million times worldwide and had over 81 million views and 1.8 million shares on Facebook in the United States alone in its first 24 hours.

This number shatters the previous record of 139 million worldwide, which was held by The Fate of the Furious trailer.

Good news for the movie.  They just need to keep the interest in the film high as we continue to inch closer to Stept. 8. 

48 minutes ago, peroxideblonde said:

wow, that's amazing!

It is, isn't it.  I had no idea that there was as much interest out there for this film as there is.  Just looking around on YouTube and elsewhere on the web, there's a lot of discussion about the trailer, noticeably more than I can recall seeing for any other film that has recently put out a trailer or been released in theaters.  Hopefully the studio can keep the interest in this film high as we approach the release date.  I'd love for this film to be successful enough to get IT: Part 2 greenlit.

On 3/29/2017 at 5:14 PM, VS19 said:

Very pleasantly surprised by the trailer.  Very creepy, even in the parts where we don't see much in the way of Pennywise.  Might this be the Stephen King adaptation that actually turns out to be good?  Hopefully. :D 

I thought Stand By Me, 1408, The Shining, Shawshank Redemption and Misery were all really good movies :laugh: 

This movie is apparently going to be rated R, which I like. They're willing to go all the way with the scares! 

35 minutes ago, katchitup said:

I thought Stand By Me, 1408, The Shining, Shawshank Redemption and Misery were all really good movies :laugh: 

This movie is apparently going to be rated R, which I like. They're willing to go all the way with the scares! 

They were. :D   Although I'm not sure I'd say that The Shining is a great adaptation of King's novel, but it's an excellent horror film in its own rite.  The rest of them are very good films, of course.  The track record of King adaptations (especially of his major works), though, I think everyone would have to admit, is pretty poor, unless Frank Darabont happens to be involved.  On that point, I think I'd have to add The Mist to your list as well. :smile: 

And, yes, I love the fact that this is going to be rated R.  Looks like they're really on the right track with this.  Hopefully they don't botch it the way so many have done so before with King's work.  

31 minutes ago, VS19 said:

They were. :D   Although I'm not sure I'd say that The Shining is a great adaptation of King's novel, but it's an excellent horror film in its own rite.  The rest of them are very good films, of course.  The track record of King adaptations (especially of his major works), though, I think everyone would have to admit, is pretty poor, unless Frank Darabont happens to be involved.  On that point, I think I'd have to add The Mist to your list as well. :smile: 

And, yes, I love the fact that this is going to be rated R.  Looks like they're really on the right track with this.  Hopefully they don't botch it the way so many have done so before with King's work.  

Very true, the direction and acting was a large reason The Shining was such a success. But I haven't read his novels, so I guess I can't say that these films that I thought were good were necessarily true to or in line with King's writings. 

• 4 weeks later...

i hate The Mist, the ending ruins everything :rofl:

Carrie & Misery are my favourite movies (for now), Kathy Bates and Sissy Spacek were perfection (i'm pretending the Carrie remake never happened)

Pet Semaraty will get a new remake too and i can't wait! i love the book and the first movies wasn't really good

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...