Bellazon

IT (2017)

peroxideblonde

TEASER TRAILER DESCRIPTION

The trailer opens with footage of Bill Denbrough making a paper boat for his little brother Georgie. We then move outside, where Georgie is chasing his boat in a rainstorm as it floats next to the curb. Suddenly, Georgie runs right into a street barrier, which knocks him down on the ground. He then watches as his boat sails into a gutter. He runs to the gutter and tries to see if he can see his boat. As he looks deep into the sewers, Pennywise abruptly appears before the screen cuts to black. 

Then we are shown the members of the Loser’s Club meeting each other and realizing that they’ve all been seeing the same entity, before one of them finally says “The Clown.” Once that happens, the teaser then moves into its centerpiece, which shows the members of the Loser’s Club looking at pictures on a carousel slide projector that suddenly acquires a life of its own and begins moving through the slides at an increasingly alarming speed. The pictures are of Georgie and his parents, and each slide zooms in on Georgie’s face before cutting to his mother, whose hair is covering her face. As the projector moves from slide to slide, the hair moves out of his mother’s face, and her face is revealed to be that of Pennywise himself. 

The trailer then blows through a flurry of shots, as most trailers are known to do. The most striking image from this succession of shots is the unforgettable moment when blood flows out of Beverly’s sink, only in Muschietti’s film it spews out like a geyser and blasts her in the face. There is also a sublime image of Pennywise approaching two of the children (he has them cornered against a wall), but the shot is framed in a way so that only his long, bony fingers fill the screen. The children are in the background, out of focus but clearly terrified. 

The teaser ends with Bill walking down into his flooded basement, where Georgie’s ghost taunts him by repeatedly screaming “We all float down here!” before Pennywise rises from the water and rushes at him, in a moment that had the entire audience screaming. It is at this moment that the screen cuts to black and the word “IT” appears on screen.

I can't wait for this film @peroxideblonde.  Been a huge Stephen King fan for as long as I've been reading and have been anticipating this remake for quite some time.  Hopefully they do it justice. :smile: 

Not sure I'm entirely sold on the new look for Pennywise yet, but at the same time, they had to go in a different direction with it because Tim Curry's was so iconic that you just can't repeat it.  Very curious to see what this ends up looking like. :smile: 

On 13/3/2017 at 2:09 AM, VS19 said:

I can't wait for this film @peroxideblonde.  Been a huge Stephen King fan for as long as I've been reading and have been anticipating this remake for quite some time.  Hopefully they do it justice. :smile:

me too! i hate reading but i've read a couple of books and they're all his

If you enjoy any of the films based on his novels, I think I can safely say that you would probably enjoy reading the novels even more, even if reading's not necessarily your favorite thing.  Very few of the films based on his novels have really done their source material justice, and he writes in such a detailed way that it's very easy to visualize and kind of make your own movie in your head out of what he's writing.  That's what I've always thought reading his novels, anyway.  :smile:

Just out of curiosity, which novels of his did you read?  There are a lot of really great ones.  :smile:

3 minutes ago, VS19 said:

If you enjoy any of the films based on his novels, I think I can safely say that you would probably enjoy reading the novels even more, even if reading's not necessarily your favorite thing.  Very few of the films based on his novels have really done their source material justice, and he writes in such a detailed way that it's very easy to visualize and kind of make your own movie in your head out of what he's writing.  That's what I've always thought reading his novels, anyway.  :smile:

Just out of curiosity, which novels of his did you read?  There are a lot of really great ones.  :smile:

i want to read all of them but like i said reading is not really my thing :rofl:

for now i've read:

Carrie

Misery (my fav ever, sooooo good)

Joyland

Christine

Pet Sematary

Buick 8

Dreamcatcher

i really want to read The Dark Tower soon, i can't wait for the movies

2 minutes ago, peroxideblonde said:

i want to read all of them but like i said reading is not really my thing :rofl:

for now i've read:

Carrie

Misery (my fav ever, sooooo good)

Joyland

Christine

Pet Sematary

Buick 8

Dreamcatcher

i really want to read The Dark Tower soon, i can't wait for the movies

That's a good dose of classic King with Carrie, Misery, Christine, and Pet Sematary:smile:

I've tried getting into The Dark Tower series, but have always found it rather daunting, given how long most of the books are and then the fact that there's 7 of them (8 if you include The Wind Through the Keyhole).  The first book in the series, The Gunslinger, is a rather difficult read, even if it's the shortest of the novels.  From what I've heard, though, the rest of them are quite good (even The Gunslinger isn't bad, it's just more of a slow-burn story that feels like an obvious piece of experimentation by King in his early years).

I've taken on a good number of his more standard-length novels, but have always found myself intimidated by his 1,000+ page offerings like IT and The Stand, but someday hope to get around to reading them.  I did manage to get Under the Dome read, which was fantastic. 

I would say, though, if you do plan on trying out more of his work, just based on what you've said you've read, I'd go with either The Shining or 11/22/63.  Both, as far as I'm concerned, are masterpieces.  I was really bummed out when they cancelled the Jonathan Demme-directed version of 11/22/63 and opted to make a Hulu-original series out of it instead.  It's such a great novel with great characters that just screams out to be made into a movie. :smile:

yeah 7/8 books are a lot! that's why i don't know if i want to read the books or wait for the movies

i saw the series of 11/22/63 and i liked it, i loved James Franco too

i wanted to try Under the Dome but i saw the tv show and i changed my mind :rofl: but if you say so maybe i'll try it anyway

4 minutes ago, peroxideblonde said:

yeah 7/8 books are a lot! that's why i don't know if i want to read the books or wait for the movies

i saw the series of 11/22/63 and i liked it, i loved James Franco too

i wanted to try Under the Dome but i saw the tv show and i changed my mind :rofl: but if you say so maybe i'll try it anyway

From what I saw of the TV show for Under the Dome, it's very different from the novel.  It had most of the same characters and the basic structure, of course, but a lot was changed from what I understand.  The few episodes of the TV show I saw were OK, but the novel is vastly superior.  :smile:

Just now, VS19 said:

From what I saw of the TV show for Under the Dome, it's very different from the novel.  It had most of the same characters and the basic structure, of course, but a lot was changed from what I understand.  The few episodes of the TV show I saw were OK, but the novel is vastly superior.  :smile:

i saw just a couple of episodes and it was soo boring! good then, i'll try it :D soon..or later :rofl:

33 minutes ago, peroxideblonde said:

i saw just a couple of episodes and it was soo boring! good then, i'll try it :D soon..or later :rofl:

The book is really about the lengths that some people will go to obtain and keep power and how people would react when suddenly and somewhat violently cut off from the rest of the world and left to their own devices.  I think a big part of the problem with the TV show was that they didn't do a particularly good job with the casting, I don't think.

Since we're on the IT thread, have you seen the original TV miniseries with Tim Curry.  He's really going to be a tough act to follow. :smile: 

56 minutes ago, VS19 said:

The book is really about the lengths that some people will go to obtain and keep power and how people would react when suddenly and somewhat violently cut off from the rest of the world and left to their own devices.  I think a big part of the problem with the TV show was that they didn't do a particularly good job with the casting, I don't think.

Since we're on the IT thread, have you seen the original TV miniseries with Tim Curry.  He's really going to be a tough act to follow. :smile: 

yes but never finished it, i was still studying when i started watching and i had to drop it because i didn't have the time

i don't remember much tho, i should watch it again from the start

I don't know how faithful it is to the novel, as I've never read IT (very much want to however), but given that it was a 1990 made for TV film, I thought it was pretty good.  Tim Curry was sensational as Pennywise, that much is for certain. :smile: The kids they cast for Part 1 were excellent as well.  They'll also be a tough act to follow.  

• 2 weeks later...

Got to say, I very much like that poster.  Feels modern yet with a touch of that classic era Stephen King feel to it.  

There are are also some new stills up on Comingsoon.net.  I'll try to get over there and post them a bit later.  

Can't wait for that trailer. :smile: