Bellazon

Schitt's Creek

grendahl

If you like subtle humor and unusual characters, try this one.  It's 1/2 hour and the first 2 seasons are on Netflix or Amazon.  Eugene Levy and his son Dan came up with the show and both are in it.  At first I thought this was going to be one of those shows that is one and done.  It walks a thin line between ludicrous and hilarious.  David Rose (Dan Levy) and Stevie Budd (Emily Hampshire) are great.  Oh yeah, there's  Alexis (Annie Murphy) also.

• 3 years later...
23 hours ago, jkjk said:

I watched the show mainly because of Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara. When I watched it, no one was talking about it, so it was just something for me to enjoy by myself.

I will admit to having ignored the show for a while mainly because it's such a terrible title, but after it got nominated for a stack of Emmys last year, I gave it a watch and ended up plowing through five seasons in two or three weeks.

Despite people online saying the first season was a bit rough, I was all in by the time we got to Moira's wine commercial.

On 2/8/2021 at 10:30 PM, jkjk said:

I assume I disagree with those people, but I haven't watched the first season in a while, so I probably can't say for certain.

I can see how it may not have been what people were expecting at the time. I know for me, because beforehand I'd imagined something along the lines of Arrested Development, it took a little while to start accepting the show for what it was. Less a sitcom, more a character-based comedy drama.