Bellazon

14 minutes ago, Clauds said:

Nice to see we're back to calling a bunch of women we don't know unhealthy, drug addicts and having eating disorders. Never thought I could get so much info just because they smoke cigarrettes :rofl: 

They are also prostitutes, I see Sara everyday begging for clients as I walk down the street

1 hour ago, *Luna* said:

@AngelAshley94 Gisele not a partier? I could've sworn I read somewhere that she used to go to parties all the time in NY (back when she was modelling full time and doing VS). Plus apparently during her time with Leonardo she was far from the healthy person she now claims to be, it was all fast food, lots of steak and fries, coca cola... Don't forget the pizza's, donuts backstage at VS :rofl: Don't get me wrong though, I actually prefer for them to be honest and show what they're really like. Makes them seem so much more relatable and normal like the rest of us, instead of all this "I work out 24/7 365 a days non stop, I only eat kale and drink green juice" bullshit.

Ahh yes! How could I forget? I was so "blinded" by her current vegan healthy facade lifestyle, I forgot she was also a heavy smoker and was reposponsible for purchasing the pizzas and donuts for models backstage after every VS show haha 

31 minutes ago, Clauds said:

Nice to see we're back to calling a bunch of women we don't know unhealthy, drug addicts and having eating disorders. Never thought I could get so much info just because they smoke cigarrettes :rofl: 

No ones necessarily calling them "unhealthy" or "drug addicts" :rolleyes: we see the lifestyles they have lead on the media since the beginning of their careers and it's a well known fact that many of them do eat crazy junk food and do drugs, not like they're addicts and no one is judging them, but it's just stupid and low of Ed to shame models who do eat junk food, smoke cigs or do drugs and claim VS Angels/models are holier than thou because they eat "healthy" and "work out" which is complete bullshit.

35 minutes ago, Clauds said:

The whole Hollywood is on coke but you think these girls are immune to that? :rofl:

And I don't mind them doing anything they want, my only point is that Ed allegedly blasted Barbara for being a party girl when actually all VS girls go out and party is huge bullshit.

But how do you know they are all not healthy? :rofl: just because they smoke it doesn't mean shit is not like any of them actually denies it, we do however know all these women workout really hard. Other than burning man, I've never seen pictures of Lais, Jasmine, Taylor, Romee, Elsa, Martha or Sara that lead me to think they are doing drugs, not eating right, hitting the bottle too hard etc. Just because you see Taylor going to In & Out once a month it doesn't mean she actually eats junk food every day. Cut the bullshit, some girls train months for this goddamn show, I adore Barbara but if Ed was talking about her then she had it coming, you can't expect to get cast when you look out of shape and have been partying your heart out while everyone else was living in dogpund. Also, some women can actually manage to be thin without having to go to extremes, if anything all Romee, Taylor, Stella, Martha and Josephine have actually gained weight since signing with VS. The only current Angels who have lost weight since joining the brand are Behati and Elsa, Candice lost weight in 2011 and gained it back and she never lost it again, most likely because VS themselves told her to gain that weight back. 

People change, Gisele was like 20 when she became a big name and she's done drastic changes in her life, you can't come at her now that she is 37 because she smoked and partied when she was like 25, and by the way 10 years ago VS as definitely not pushing the same image they are pushing today. No one claimed VS are holier than anything, Ed just said a model showed up looking like shit and wasn't deserving of the show, while other girls deserved it more simply because they worked for it, and considering this IS the biggest show in the industry, I say Ed and VS earned the right to be as picky as they want with their models.

17 minutes ago, Fuka said:

In my country treated people of drug addicts without evidence is called defamation.

We're not in your country and this is just a forum on the net. relax.

17 minutes ago, Fuka said:

Some are mothers.

Moms and dads do drugs too hun. Or you think Candice doesn't smoke weed or pop pills when she's at Burning Man? And that's without even mentioning Behati who seems very druggy happy.

@Clauds So just because there are no pictures of them partying/drinking etc, that automatically means they sit on the couch at night and never do anything "scandalous"? Just because there is no proof doesn't mean it's not true. It makes sense for them to hide all these things and not show them smoking weed, partying hard, making out with each other or whatever because that's exactly what VS does NOT want them to show to the public. It doesn't fit into their fantasy world. Everyone knows these things happen, you just don't talk about them. You just look away and pretend you didn't just see whatever it is you saw. That's like saying you seriously believe that at some of these after parties, all the models have one glass of champagne and then call it a night...? Yeah sure they'll be in bed by 10 pm lol. NOT.

I don't really understand why it's so hard to admit that these girls probably don't live as healthy as they say/show on their social media. Lais and Jasmine seem to love a good party or two, same for Romee, again, nothing wrong with that, but I seriously do not believe for one second that they never drink a little too much and not get drunk. As much as Romee just loves to show her avocado toast and whatnot, I'm sure she indulges in things too yet that's not cool anymore. Nowadays you gotta survive on kale, acai bowls and do juice cleanses 24/7 in order to be considered healthy :rolleyes: 

1 minute ago, *Luna* said:

@Clauds So just because there are no pictures of them partying/drinking etc, that automatically means they sit on the couch at night and never do anything "scandalous"? Just because there is no proof doesn't mean it's not true. I don't really understand why it's so hard to admit that these girls probably don't live as healthy as they say/show on their social media. Lais and Jasmine seem to love a good party or two, same for Romee, again, nothing wrong with that, but I seriously do not believe for one second that they never drink a little too much and get drunk. As much as Romee just loves to show her avocado toast and whatnot, I'm sure she indulges in things too yet that's not cool anymore. Nowadays you gotta survive on kale, acas bowls and do juice cleanses 24/7 in order to be considered healthy :rolleyes: 

Exactly. This is about the VS and Ed projecting bullshit "masturbate at dogpound" image as if they're some saints. I mean, have you seen recent candids? They have even started to work out outside of the gym, on the sidewalks so that paps can get them easier. :rofl: Come on.

46 minutes ago, AngelAshley94 said:

Ahh yes! How could I forget? I was so "blinded" by her current vegan healthy facade lifestyle, I forgot she was also a heavy smoker and was reposponsible for purchasing the pizzas and donuts for models backstage after every VS show haha 

I'm not sure if it really is a facade since she has changed a lot since she met Tom... I actually preferred her when she was with Leonardo, nowadays she can seem a little too serious :/ 

45 minutes ago, Fuka said:

they are young women they have the right to party or drink a little as long as it is not excessive. 

ITA

But I think people here were referring to that (hypocritical) Ed's post.

At least I was when I was commenting on Behati's and Elsa's smoking.
(And no - you can't be healthy while regularly smoking, a wast amount of scientific research has shown that).

52 minutes ago, Fuka said:

they are young women they have the right to party or drink a little as long as it is not excessive. 

+1

VS is not claiming their models are some kind of health guru, they claim to work out a lot (which they do), eat as healthy as possible but having "cheat days" (which we do not if they do or not). That's about it, I don't see how that makes Ed's comments hypocrital, a model showed up not looking good and didn't deserve her spot, others deserved it more and got it, end of story.

2 hours ago, Schemer said:

And I don't mind them doing anything they want, my only point is that Ed allegedly blasted Barbara for being a party girl when actually all VS girls go out and party is huge bullshit.

I don't think it's because they do that. I assume he meant that they showed that they do most of those. While Adriana must party and all, she gives an example of an healthy while Barbs put party photos. What they show =/= What they do. I think Ed was criticizing what they show.

It wasn't about Ed's comment being hypocritical. No one even said that. Lol why do some of you always say "end of story" whenever someone doesn't automatically agree with what you say? I'm not surprised though because someone having a different opinion on here seems to be very hard for some to comprehend and accept :rofl: 

I don't understand why people think models can't be multidimensional ? They can have postive habits and negative habits. Do I think excessive partying, eating junk food regularly, or smoking is unhealthy ? Yes ! But as long as your positive habits overpower your negative habits I don't think models should be judged what they do on their own personal time. 

If a certain model (not going to take names) starts looking unhealthy, starts putting on weight and generally makes it evident what habits control her I think it's only fair to be picky when the whole point of the modeling world is having a sleek figure. If a model shows up to her shoots,shows, meeting on time and well adjusted (not hungover or sleepy) then only they will be taken seriously. Which most of the angels are clearly capable of so I don't understand whats the problem and where are the double standards here ?? 

9 minutes ago, nuttyfeet said:

I don't understand why people think models can't be multidimensional ? They can have postive habits and negative habits. Do I think excessive partying, eating junk food regularly, or smoking is unhealthy ? Yes ! But as long as your positive habits overpower your negative habits I don't think models should be judged what they do on their own personal time. 

If a certain model (not going to take names) starts looking unhealthy, starts putting on weight and generally makes it evident what habits control her I think it's only fair to be picky when the whole point of the modeling world is having a sleek figure. If a model shows up to her shoots,shows, meeting on time and well adjusted (not hungover or sleepy) then only they will be taken seriously. Which most of the angels are clearly capable of so I don't understand whats the problem and where are the double standards here ?? 

100% accurate.

6 hours ago, Schemer said:

I hope we don't have Harvey Weinstein-like revelations about Ed in few years because he always gave me that concerned daddy creepy vibe.

The question is less 'will we' and more 'will it ever be made public in an evisceration by the NYTimes'.

There are things I can't say on internet forums because of NDAs and libel suits (I feel like one of those people now) but Hollywood, modelling encompassed, is extraordinarily fucked up and some of the shite I've seen goes beyond anything you can imagine, probably.

15 hours ago, Limerlight said:

Back to the cave now with the highland cattle until summoned again 

Is this an attempt at summoning me? :p  (if so, congratulations, you've done it.)

1 hour ago, Clauds said:

VS is not claiming their models are some kind of health guru, they claim to work out a lot (which they do), eat as healthy as possible but having "cheat days" (which we do not if they do or not). That's about it, I don't see how that makes Ed's comments hypocrital, a model showed up not looking good and didn't deserve her spot, others deserved it more and got it, end of story.

This is news to me. VS is a study in branding 101, and part of their brand is that their models are different, they have curves (and cutlets, but that's none of my business :whistle: ), they aren't anorexic, they're Real Goddamn Women and by fucking god are they healthy. 

You can still support the models you love if they're unhealthy, be it by their eating and workout habits (restricting or bingeing) or their alcohol consumption or drug intake. No one is saying you can't. But it's bizarre to deny, one, that VS has branded itself as having healthy girls (case study: heroin chic and Gisele and Adriana bringing about its end), and two, that not all of them fit within the standards of what most people consider to be healthy.

Also, this is for a different debate, but if you're going to talk about working out a lot as being healthy then you should also mention orthorexia in the same breath. Anorexia is less in vogue, as they say, and orthorexia has come to take its place. Which is fucked up and people need to understand how and why this has come to pass.

Mental health is health too, children.