Bellazon

On 03/10/2017 at 11:01 AM, Clauds said:

There's no going to be Angels announced at this point, if they announce someone it will be February next year, and we'll probably see the said model shooting VS months or at least weeks in advance. And honestly 14 is more than enough, unless they are cutting some girls I hope no one gets announced

I think the same, but they can drop some NA like Martha, Romee and Stella or OA like Lily, Alessandra or Adriana 

The video you are talking about isn't the video that got everyone started on the racist bandwagon (the racist shit started back in 2015, and this video came out in 2016. i.e this video is a direct result of people needing to find reasons to be butthurt), and this video is so far from racist it's not even funny.

For 30 years The Simpsons have had a Jewish actor portray an Indian character and no one had been up in arms about it :rofl: People are fishing for any reason they can to be SJW's now.

13 minutes ago, HeyAngel said:

How am I part of the problem in thinking that non black folks shouldn’t say the N word? And I brought it up, because I am uncomfortable when any non black persons used the word. And if black people want to reclaim the N word, that is their right and choice, it’s also their choice to decide if they don’t want any non black folks using it. If a black person saying it leaves a bad taste in their mouth on how someone reacted to being called out for saying the N word upsets you more than the action then that’s on you. There is literally no justification for a non black person saying that word. Ever. I don’t understand how you can say no one should ever say it, then say you can’t blame people for doing singing along to it and use it yourself as well. But clearly this won’t be something we agree on as she’s your avatar and I’m not trying to fight, my comment was an offhand one about why I don’t like Sara or Taylor, and I still stand by that. 

Because if it was so damn triggering to you it wouldn't matter what color someones skin was it would still be fucking racist. When a black person says nigger does it miraculously have a different meaning? No it doesn't because it's association is still the fucking same. Don't be narrow minded. She was singing along to a fucking song, you know lyrics those things that make up a song? Don't be hypocritical.

As for no one using it, I could care less, you're the one that got triggered because someone sang along to the song lyrics. It's a word. It's part of the English language and as such I don't necessarily think we should just ignore it just be aware of what it's associated with and what it represented it and use it appropriately. But I'm not going to be afraid to say it because it's "racist"

As for accents I love how it's acceptable for someone to imitate an Australian accent, or a British accent or a southern accent but the minute any accent associated with someone of "color" is used it's racist. Oh that's right, that's because there's no such thing as white culture. I fucking hate social justice warriors who look for reasons to be offended. You seem to fall into that category. The hypocrisy is nauseating.

44 minutes ago, phenobarbie said:

Because if it was so damn triggering to you it wouldn't matter what color someones skin was it would still be fucking racist. When a black person says nigger does it miraculously have a different meaning? No it doesn't because it's association is still the fucking same. Don't be narrow minded. She was singing along to a fucking song, you know lyrics those things that make up a song? Don't be hypocritical.

As for no one using it, I could care less, you're the one that got triggered because someone sang along to the song lyrics. It's a word. It's part of the English language and as such I don't necessarily think we should just ignore it just be aware of what it's associated with and what it represented it and use it appropriately. But I'm not going to be afraid to say it because it's "racist"

As for accents I love how it's acceptable for someone to imitate an Australian accent, or a British accent or a southern accent but the minute any accent associated with someone of "color" is used it's racist. Oh that's right, that's because there's no such thing as white culture. I fucking hate social justice warriors who look for reasons to be offended. You seem to fall into that category. The hypocrisy is nauseating.

Mike drop! :56608abdc37de_rhythmisadancer:

I am sorry for hijacking this thread, but there's only so much bullshit that I'm willing to listen to. Sara and Taylor haven't done anything wrong and I'm tired of people trotting out the same song and dance to justify not liking them. If you don't like them fine, it's none of our business why but the hypocritical juvenile arguments of their alleged racism need to stop.

I'm not even a fan of Sara but I can't stand the double standards, so in this regard I would defend anyone if they were being maligned this way.

But again I'm sorry, this conversation didn't really belong in here as it has nothing to do with Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.

So going back on track. I can't wait to see who gets the fantasy bra and what they come up with. We've seen good ones and bad ones, it'll be interesting to see what end of the spectrum it ends up on this year.

Honestly why did Sara get dragged into the race thing? :rofl: 

Also, as not only a person of color but also a latin, I could not care about Taylor imitating accents or singing along to whatever song, let me tell you I do spend 80% of my days making fun of the accent of all my Ecuatiorian, Bolivian and Colombian students, I also spend a lot of time making of Venezuelan accent and I am Venezuelan :rofl: . If you think the word nigger is offensive, you should take offense whenever anyone says it, it's like being called a cunt and only getting offended when certain people do it.

https://www.vogue.com/article/victorias-secret-balmain-fashion-show-collaboration

Olivier Rousteing never rests. Fresh off a Balmain collaboration with L’Oréal and a Spring 2018 show, the brand is partnering with Victoria’s Secret on looks for the 2017 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show and a capsule collection launching in stores and on Victoria’s Secret’s website on November 29. As with all things #BalmainArmy this one comes with a hashtag, #VSxBALMAIN, and some black and white art.

As for what to expect from Balmain’s VS line, you can bet on some sexily gilded items, lots of body-conscious silhouettes, and the label’s luxury expertise being translated into both the runway and real-world items. While other designers have made several looks for the Victoria’s Secret show in the past, this collaboration marks the first time VS has ever partnered with a high fashion brand on items to be sold in its stores. So tune in to the Victoria’s Secret Show on November 28th on CBS and get ready to shop the next day.