Bellazon

You guys'd be surprised, Sui's English has improved a lot. And I'm not saying that because I like her, but she's probably better than Kate G anyway, the only error I detected in that video was her calling herself a liberize, when I think she meant to say she's a liberalist(?)  

As a native English speaker I understood Sui without any issues what's so ever. :idk:

1 hour ago, PastaFreak said:

You guys'd be surprised, Sui's English has improved a lot. And I'm not saying that because I like her, but she's probably better than Kate G anyway, the only error I detected in that video was her calling herself a liberize, when I think she meant to say she's a liberalist(?)  

She was saying she's a LIBRA as in the zodiac sign.

7 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

As a native English speaker I understood Sui without any issues what's so ever. :idk:

Ah, that's my mistake. I must not be paying attention when she said it. You're right, it's Libra. Funny how Garth understood what she meant when she referenced her horoscope to her personality LOL. 

This video is literally from less than a month ago and most of us had a hard time understanding it :idk: . I know you love Sui but fact is, her English is not good enough and I sincerely doubt it has improved that much in one month, Kate's English was a hot mess and she flopped as an Angel and VS had to cut her from the lineup, I don't think they'll be making the same mistake twice tbh, so I don't think using Kate as an example is a great idea. 

13 minutes ago, Clauds said:

This video is literally from less than a month ago and most of us had a hard time understanding it :idk: . I know you love Sui but fact is, her English is not good enough and I sincerely doubt it has improved that much in one month, Kate's English was a hot mess and she flopped as an Angel and VS had to cut her from the lineup, I don't think they'll be making the same mistake twice tbh, so I don't think using Kate as an example is a great idea. 

I'm not speaking in the sense of an angel. But if you want to compare her English then and now, it's better. I don't think her English is good either, but while Kate G has improved, she can't even describe her outfit from 2016. Sui even knows how to apply words like "chic" fluently in her sentences. It's just that, Sui's English was wayyyy worse than it is now. Unless... there's a hidden message in your reply :ninja: .

Edit: Obviously, I'm not referring to Sui's English improving over a month. I mean her English in 2017 is better than her English in 2011. 

14 minutes ago, PastaFreak said:

I'm not speaking in the sense of an angel. But if you want to compare her English then and now, it's better. I don't think her English is good either, but while Kate G has improved, she can't even describe her outfit from 2016. Sui even knows how to apply words like "chic" fluently in her sentences. It's just that, Sui's English was wayyyy worse than it is now. Unless... there's a hidden message in your reply :ninja: .

Edit: Obviously, I'm not referring to Sui's English improving over a month. I mean her English in 2017 is better than her English in 2011. 

Nah, nothing hidden, I just have the feeling that signing Sui would be a mistake because she can't speak English too well and she's too old to start now, I was rooting for Ming to become an Angel but tbh she's also too old to just get signed now, but if I had to choose one I'd go with Ming because at least VS wouldn't have to put money and time in teaching her English so she can be sent to do PR. Of course her English has improved since 2011, but it hasn't improved enough IMO, is not like she's new to the industry and still has a solid decade ahead of her. 

12 minutes ago, Clauds said:

Nah, nothing hidden, I just have the feeling that signing Sui would be a mistake because she can't speak English too well and she's too old to start now, I was rooting for Ming to become an Angel but tbh she's also too old to just get signed now, but if I had to choose one I'd go with Ming because at least VS wouldn't have to put money and time in teaching her English so she can be sent to do PR. Of course her English has improved since 2011, but it hasn't improved enough IMO, is not like she's new to the industry and still has a solid decade ahead of her. 

Signing Sui and Ming IS a death sentence imo, they're both 28. But I don't know any other better candidate other than Jessie Li. Even the model search winner probably would be a bad choice at this point, because the top 4 can't speak English well. Liu Wen knows she doesn't need VS to survive, so she's never going to be the candidate for consideration.

As for Ming, I talked to you about this and we both know it won't happen unless VS is desperate to have an Asian angel to expand their market by the end of this year. Because of how things went, I don't see the keywords Ming and Asian Angel being combined. Regardless of reason, I think Ming knows very well her fashion career is more than VS, and she could do with just being a vet annually. 

Same for Sui too. I think this year will be a sendoff for her and if she does come back next year, she's going to be having one outfit or probably none at all. Apparently, even though she left the HF world for a year or two now, her net worth as a model is pretty solid amongst the Chinese faces, enough to be one of known Asian faces in Money Girls. So my current theory is this, Sui has the angel contract, but it'll probably be a year at best, because VS just wants to keep their brand relevant in China for at least a year before moving on to expand else where. You want someone who can appeal to Chinese market too, as much as VS is a global brand. VS can't communicate a language that they don't know, so it's all about whether VS wants an Asian angel to represent the brand or just let language barrier impede them from doing more expansion. 

But honestly, I don't think VS will have an Asian angel, as much as I want it to happen. Prove me wrong otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Prettyphile said:

The issue isn't that we can't understand. It's that she's far from fluent enough to do any kind of PR for the brand in the US, which is basically what Angels are for.

Signing Sui and Ming IS a death sentence imo, they're both 28. But I don't know any other better candidate other than Jessie Li. Even the model search winner probably would be a bad choice at this point, because the top 4 can't speak English well. Liu Wen knows she doesn't need VS to survive, so she's never going to be the candidate for consideration.

As for Ming, I talked to you about this and we both know it won't happen unless VS is desperate to have an Asian angel to expand their market by the end of this year. Because of how things went, I don't see the keywords Ming and Asian Angel being combined. Regardless of reason, I think Ming knows very well her fashion career is more than VS, and she could do with just being a vet annually. 

Same for Sui too. I think this year will be a sendoff for her and if she does come back next year, she's going to be having one outfit or probably none at all. Apparently, even though she left the HF world for a year or two now, her net worth as a model is pretty solid amongst the Chinese faces, enough to be one of known Asian faces in Money Girls. So my current theory is this, Sui has the angel contract, but it'll probably be a year at best, because VS just wants to keep their brand relevant in China for at least a year before moving on to expand else where. You want someone who can appeal to Chinese market too, as much as VS is a global brand. VS can't communicate a language that they don't know, so it's all about whether VS wants an Asian angel to represent the brand or just let language barrier impede them from doing more expansion. 

But honestly, I don't think VS will have an Asian angel, as much as I want it to happen. Prove me wrong otherwise. 

Liu is also too old to start an Angel contract tho, and considering her on and off history with VS, I'd say she's the least likely to get a contract offered to her. It's a shame MIng and VS didn't work things out tho, but I do understand her not wanting to be tied down to VS, the brand is nowhere near as appealing as it was say five years ago.

As for Sui, she doesn't have an Angel contract, why would VS sign her and the not put her in the Christmas/Show promos when the show is in her homecountry? It's pointless, those are the collections they hype with the show and Sui wasn't a part of it, the only VS thing related she's done is getting cast for the show and some small involvement in the model search, but so was Shu and she still didn't get cast (a savage move by VS tbh, dickheads). IMO if they were going to announce an Asian Angel it would have been done by now, so I don't think it's happening anymore. I do see both Ming and Sui getting special treatment this year tho, kind of like Joan in the Swim Special they did in Puerto Rico.

They can always invest in an Asian newbie. Estelle Chen who is walking the show this year is a Chinese model and she speaks English, French, and Chinese. She's only 19 at the moment. But I guess that Jessie Li has worked with VS longer than Estelle. But I'd rather see a model who can do both HF and commercial.