Bellazon

I have to admit that I loved the video Gigi and Kendall shot for Vogue (“brat pack”). It definitely sold the fantasy of being a young and beautiful rich kid.

But Kendall’s first turn on the VS runway annoyed me so much that I had to take a break from watching the show. I blame the editing because I was willing to give her a chance but they treated her walking like the Presiden’t daughter was going to appear on the runway! She got way more attention than even long-established models like Adriana etc.

19 minutes ago, marinebing said:

Exactly my thought, wasn't Irina contracted with Intimissi when she walked the show last year ?

Yup. Also Isabeli walked the 2014 while being contracted by La Perla, Ming Xi and Izabel Goulart (among others) were the face of La Perla last year and walked, Sigrid Agren also walked while being with them. I could go on so Imma call bullshit on this, Kendull always has an excuse whenever she doesn't book a job :rofl: 

12 hours ago, Chessie said:

No, she don't. She never did that before, and she doesn't follow any fan accounts or her #elsahosk, she said she didn't like it before, that's why I'm feeling it like a hint. She usually don't  do that. But I repeat, I'm not getting my hopes high again. 

Yes, she does. She once reposted my edit and when I thanked her she liked a lot of my pictures. Maybe it's a hint, maybe it isn't, we just gotta wait and see! :D

26 minutes ago, clau17 said:

Romee and Stella walked on the last La perla show, I think Stella even opened it so thats probably bullshit. But honestly Id rather have the Hadids than Kendall and Hailey anyday of the week.

Lais also walked their show IIRC. It's bullshit guys :rofl: I think VS could have wanted to avoid controversy since Kendull had a shit year and booked about zero relevant jobs so far this year.

48 minutes ago, clau17 said:

Romee and Stella walked on the last La perla show, I think Stella even opened it so thats probably bullshit. But honestly Id rather have the Hadids than Kendall and Hailey anyday of the week.

They're claiming it's because she is the face of La Perla now, not because she walked for them or is doing a couple of shoots.

8 minutes ago, Clauds said:

Lais also walked their show IIRC. It's bullshit guys :rofl: I think VS could have wanted to avoid controversy since Kendull had a shit year and booked about zero relevant jobs so far this year.

I mean, walking in a La Perla show once or twice is very different to being contracted to them. Most of the models named before weren't in any type of contract with them. They did a campaign or two, or they walked the show recently. If Kendall is contracted to them that's a whole different story, especially if as claimed by TMZ, there's a non-compete clause. I'm pretty sure Irina actually has a non-compete clause in her Intimissi contract and she had to be granted permission to walk VS last year. It was something that was discussed back and forth in last year's thread when there was still a lot of uncertainty over whether she was walking or not. 

I honestly don't think Kendall or VS had any interest in each other this year. But I also wouldn't get too excited. Just because she's not walking this year doesn't mean she won't be back for next year (which I fully expect to see her next year, especially as this story keeps making its rounds). 

And yes, @Sanni she's pretty much had the worst year of her life from a publicity standpoint. That Pepsi commercial destroyed any credibility she might've possessed and since then pretty much everything she's done received backlash. I'd argue a lot of brands view her as a liability at this point; people are so turned off by her presence that they're ready to boycott anything with her name attached. 

16 minutes ago, Sanni said:

Why has Kendall had a bad year? Was there exceptionally bad publicity?

The awful drama with the Pepsi commercial. The drama with her clothing line's shirts and the recent cultural apropiation drama too. It's been a bad year for Kendull. 

Thanks guys! I forgot about the Pepsi commercial. I haven’t heard about controversy regarding her clothing line. What happened? Is the cultural appropriation drama the same as what her sisters get (they get blamed for stealing from black culture and taking the credit)?

23 minutes ago, Sanni said:

Thanks guys! I forgot about the Pepsi commercial. I haven’t heard about controversy regarding her clothing line. What happened? Is the cultural appropriation drama the same as what her sisters get (they get blamed for stealing from black culture and taking the credit)?

They put out a line of 'vintage' tour shirts and they layered their faces on top of the bands logos, let's mention that were MAJOR iconic bands like Led Zeppelin, ACDC, Nirvana, Kiss and some rapers like 2pac, etc. People wanted to eat them alive after that. 

I'm not too informed on the cultural apropiation thing because it's very recent but I read that they were selling things making money of Mexican culture. 

1 minute ago, Chessie said:

They put out a line of 'vintage' tour shirts and they layered their faces on top of the bands logos, let's mention that were MAJOR iconic bands like Led Zeppelin, ACDC, Nirvana, Kiss and some rapers like 2pac, etc. People wanted to eat them alive after that. 

I'm not too informed on the cultural apropiation thing because it's very recent but I read that they were selling things making money of Mexican culture. 

Wow, they’ve got HUGE egos! :laugh: