Bellazon

Wow... y'all talked a lot since Tuesday! I have some thoughts, so they're all going into one catch up post.  

I'm surprised but yet not that VS changed the standard line up this year.  I like to see the new, young blood come in, for whatever reasons. 

My first thought on seeing all the vets going to the call backs, along with the yearly quote from Ed about bigger and larger, they would do a sort of retrospect with all the girls, like they should have done for their 20th anniversary. I was wrong.  I also thought it was pretty fucking mean of them to have most of the vets come in for a call back only to say Nope! Pretty damn shady.  I would not be surprised if VS asks the older vets to come to casting next year and they all say a big ol' Fuck y'all.  

I am wondering if Kate G will continue to walk the show, ala Iza and others who were angels for one or two years and came back year after year. Thoughts? 

I love that the new crew this year is vast. Including a redhead!  Alexina is a stunning lady and I hope she goes far with VS. I love her with L'Oreal. 

Happy to see some of the gals from 2015 coming back too.  A little sad to see Nadine get so thin. 

I don't think VS getting rid of the veterans is mean at all. It's business. If they can't handle that after these years of rejection then they need to step back. There's always veterans who have to be moved on eventually. AnaBB, Angela, Oluchi, Caroline W, Julia. There was the years that they were booking all the VS shows and then they didn't. And now it's time for girls like Isabeli, Joan, Lily D, Constance, Izabel to be finished they've had their turns. I would add Sui to that but give her the China show and then that should be it. It's good to have new fresh girls who can start to become regulars themselves.

If girls like Joan are salty then they're ungrateful because she's walked 2011-2016 compared to girls who've tried for years and never gotten it.

15 minutes ago, Kevork89 said:

If girls like Joan are salty then they're ungrateful because she's walked 2011-2016 compared to girls who've tried for years and never gotten it.

+1 Her alleged tantrum, as well as instances like Jourdan's BS tweet, make it seem like these girls feel entitled to their spots in the show. Not a good look. 

1 minute ago, toodarnhot said:

+1 Her alleged tantrum, as well as instances like Jourdan's BS tweet, make it seem like these girls feel entitled to their spots in the show. Not a good look. 

+1

Personally, I'm glad they didn't cast all those vets this year, it might help make the show feel more fresh which it desperately needs. I liked Joan in the show in previous years but I didn't think she was anything spectacular last year. VS needs new faces, it would be nice if they let go of some of their current Angel roster (Ale, Lily, Behati at the very least) to make room for some new girls like they have with the show this year.

2 hours ago, PastaFreak said:

New Taylor Swift song ...

90cb19a687bdfd775fe8dc122d86610c06acd2a9

I hope she's not gonna perform in VS. I'd imagine a good lineup/show can be ruined just by her appearance. 

+1!!!! It seems like she always wants all the attention. And even worst, VS gives it to her.

21 minutes ago, ivancica said:

Have the fittings started yet?

They have! Lais and Amilna had their fittings yday and I'm sure more models will have theres today. I'm kinda surprised they haven't released any photos of the fittings, it seems like they're tryna keep things hush hush this year to build up excitement for the show

I'll be so upset if Taylor is asked to perform again...two times in a row was more than enough :unsure: we have such a strong lineup and the alleged segments and looks are really not disappointing this year, but the music always makes the show...2014 COULDVE been an amazing show instead of an OK one if Taylor hadn't performed.

1 minute ago, AngelAshley94 said:

They have! Lais and Amilna had their fittings yday and I'm sure more models will have theres today. I'm kinda surprised they haven't released any photos of the fittings, it seems like they're tryna keep things hush hush this year to build up excitement for the show

Yep. I've at least expected paps photos of the girls going to fittings.

7 minutes ago, ivancica said:

Thanks. I didn't notice anything about on her IG so I wasn't aware of that.
Actually I thought she was returning from her SI shoot yesterday.

4 minutes ago, Emerods said:

How do yo know Lais did fittings yesterday?

It was on her instastory or snapchat I guess. Weibo fans are watching everyone closely. They're like a 24 hrs paparazzi. 

20 minutes ago, BehatiPrincess said:

If Behati does come back for the show, I wonder if they'll get Maroon 5 in to perform?

Unlikely, they haven't been relevant for a while and haven't released any new music as far as I'm concerned. I can see Harry Styles, Taylor Swift (ugh) and Fifth Harmony possibly performing this year. Other possible contenders: Camilla Cabello, Shawn Mendes or Kendrick Lamar (if they're not touring)

Justin Bieber is automatically out since he's banned from China :rofl: