Bellazon

5 minutes ago, Emerods said:

Sophia is only in the callbacks as Ed and Monica are. The first casting is with Johnd pfeiffer only and with clothes (its like a first selection) 

Things are different this year, fittings are next week. I think they went straight for callbacks this time

Sandra is an idiot for cutting ties with VS since they have seen her many times before. Obviously, there was enough interest from them to have several meetings with her.

I suspect the issue is a combination of conceitedness and insecurity. It seems that she has gotten things easy in life because of her looks, people always tell her she is so hot and beautiful, and she looks at VS Angels and thinks that she is just as beautiful as them. So, she gets frustrated when she doesn’t get the chances other models do, even models that she thinks are less attractive then her.

The main problem seems to be that she is looking at it as validation that she is one of the most beautiful women in the world so when she doesn’t get it, it’s like a slap in the face and she gets mad. She should try to work on her mindset and approach it from a career perspective.

But I get it too, the line of work Sandra is in, VS would be the culmination. Otherwise she is stuck doing bikini shoots etc. instead of getting the kind of fashion work that VS models get despite having a commercial look as well.

4 minutes ago, Kevork89 said:

Sophia not being there for castings would be fantastic. There are some of her girls that I like but then I'm hoping for some freshness. Although I expect Sui will be there what with the show being in China and all.

I agree, Sui will be there since it is in China. Ed likes Constance a lot too and I really hope for her cause she was amazing in 2015,nevertheless she is in UK shooting :sad:  Lily has always been Sophia's fav and I don't think Ed was ever that crazy about her. Everything that Lily got in VS including her Swarovski look in 2014, she got it because of Sophia. And agree again, since Todd left there have been more skinny models, first example coming to my head Grace Mahary. Sophia doesn't even seem on Ig that she is about to come to NY. Roos is on her way to NY. This is the first time she is doing the casting and Ed is following her so she def has big chances same with Luna Bijl. Maartje is coming too.

I have a little bit of idea about Sandras bitter reactions over the years for not getting cast but I feel like sometimes giving up might actually be a good thing !

There are times when the inability to accomplish your goals make you hate yourself or you just plain unhappy, or when you know in your heart that it’s not going to work out. From her post I think she accepted the fact that maybe she can stop trying as it clearly gave her grief.

Its only healthy to realize moving on with dignity is a good last option to have ! Rejection is tough and its perfectly ok to set new goals ! 

22 minutes ago, Emerods said:

Sophia is only in the callbacks as Ed and Monica are. The first casting is with Johnd pfeiffer only and with clothes (its like a first selection) 

Noone would ever make a big thing with a first selection and have we ever seen girls training so hard for it ? We have never known the date of the first selection but def the callbacks are happening this week. First selection I bet is for the whole new girls for the brand. I see the list and names like Georgia, Jacquelyn, Flavia, Maria B and they would never do the first selection but only the main, most important casting. 

7 minutes ago, nuttyfeet said:

I have a little bit of idea about Sandras bitter reactions over the years for not getting cast but I feel like sometimes giving up might actually be a good thing !

There are times when the inability to accomplish your goals make you hate yourself or you just plain unhappy, or when you know in your heart that it’s not going to work out. From her post I think she accepted the fact that maybe she can stop trying as it clearly gave her grief.

Its only healthy to realize moving on with dignity is a good last option to have ! Rejection is tough and its perfectly ok to set new goals ! 

Marisa Miller got rejected every year from 2001 to 2006 even when she was a regular catalog model, had she given up she wouldn't have been made an Angel in 2007, I get frustration sucks but Sandra is an idiot for giving up in her alleged biggest career goal so easily. This is the modeling industry, at 30 your career is dead unless you do something big and Sandra isn't exactly a baby anymore and as Sanni accurately said, for girls like Sandra VS is the only way to make it big or she'll be selling cheap bikinis and underwear until a younger, hotter girl comes around.

30 minutes ago, Clauds said:

Marisa Miller got rejected every year from 2001 to 2006 even when she was a regular catalog model, had she given up she wouldn't have been made an Angel in 2007, I get frustration sucks but Sandra is an idiot for giving up in her alleged biggest career goal so easily. This is the modeling industry, at 30 your career is dead unless you do something big and Sandra isn't exactly a baby anymore and as Sanni accurately said, for girls like Sandra VS is the only way to make it big or she'll be selling cheap bikinis and underwear until a younger, hotter girl comes around.

All these examples look great in written than practical. When it comes down to the realities and the nitty-gritty- things change. People grow up and sometimes grow out of their dreams. She is 22, she might try again next year she might never altogether ... there is no point giving examples of exceptions when it comes to getting cast for a show which rejects more girls each year than it selects !

I feel silly defending someone i don't even personally follow but the idea of getting criticized for choosing to let go of ones own personal goals (which clearly is her own business) seems overtly harsh to me, she does have the determination for it so she let it go ...plain and simple. Completely OK too ! 

Just now, JJMarvel said:

According to @vsfsupdates on IG Maartje Verhoef and Sadie Newman will be attending castings today. Told y'all about Sadie, ugh. 

Well, Lily's sister Ruby A. went to the castings last year and was rejected.

Barbara Palvin is on location with SI now so I think it’s unlikely that she’ll attend castings unless VS invited her to the later rounds of castings and she’ll shoot only for like two days for SI and flies straight to New York.

7 hours ago, nuttyfeet said:

Does anyone have any idea if Daniela Lopez Osorio going to attend the castings ? She is the only one I really want to see debut on VSFS since 2 years ! She is in NY but I dont know why she dosnt get cast !

Daniela went to castings this morning :smile: 

Everything is happening so quick I need to catch my breath :banghead: now I'm in a array of emotions from excited to nervous. I think they might announce the performers by next week or maybe the end of this week. They usually announce it when the first set of castings are finished I believe.

These are the girls confirmed to have/be attending castings:

Aqua Parios

Camille Ringoir

Caro Sanchez

Chelsey Weimar

Daniela Lopez Osorio

Flavia Lucini

Georgia Fowler

Josie Canseco
Lila Flowers

Maartje Verhoef

Nicole Harrison

Robin Holzen

Roosmarijn de Kok

Sadie Newman

Trinidad de la Noi

Frida Aasen was confirmed by a fan, but I guess it was unreliable, because she is currently in Tanzania....