Bellazon

20 hours ago, *Luna* said:

While me and Clauds rarely agree on anything, I'd have to say the same. I'm pretty young myself (early 20s) and I personally find the models from the late 90s and early 00s way more interesting and they actually make me interested to buy stuff, not the super young PINK looks. I have some pictures here that are from the 90s early 00s and while the outfits or lingerie may seem outdated to some, these kind of pictures and models actually make me want to buy the lingerie/swim wear (last picture). They just have a much more mature look to them while still looking young (but without the teenage look to them).

47744_1999-11-vsc-holaccbk-33-2-danielapestova-h_122_664lo.jpg post-16241-1198357448.jpg post-17383-0-70400500-1351814636.jpg post-18001-0-1445996071-39504.jpg

Definitely gotta disagree again.. I'm mid 20's and in college and I have a way more bubbly and sweet personality than a mature and sexy one...so maybe that's why I identify with  younger looking models who have more outgoing rather than mature attitudes? I dont' really like many of the NA but I do like baby faced models. The models you posted are like the official wrong direction of what I'm looking for lol. They look old old old to me....The last one has a nice body but that face...eeek no thanks! They all look good for their age, but they remind me of my mom or way more adult woman's aestethic than my own. I'm also not a fan of Adriana or Alessandra because of these reasons.

I would LOVE to see Nadine walk, and Paige as well. Bruna was a mess but she's cute, I"d like to see her get another chance.

But VS already has Pink to appeal the cutesy, bubbly, sweet market, even doing the college and sports lines. They cast younger girls and everything Pink related is on that note to appeal a certain crowd, they now have their own Pink stores, however, VS itself has never aimed for that, they've always aimed at the sexy, most beautiful women on earth, selling a fantasy route, and they clearly still do, the problem is they are now casting girls who look too young there as well and the result is some very creepy and confusing vibes, Chanel's VS work was cringe worthy, and while I love Taylor Hill some of her shoots make me feel borderline phedo because just looks so young, thankfully she is growing into her looks now. They can put whoever they want in Pink, I frankly don't care because I rarely visit the Pink section tbh, and I'm sure that there's a lot of people who are into that vibe.

However, with the show itself the problem is VS casts 10-12 girls exclusively for Pink, instead they should cast girls who can do both things: Pink and mainline segments, much like Erin, Behati, Elsa, Miranda, Gigi. Now Paige, Nadine, Megan Irwin, Lorena Rae, Lini Kennedy, Roosmarijn de Kok, Madison Headrick, Jessie Li and Jessica Strother could all go from Pink to mainline in a heartbeat . Instead they cast girls like Rachel Hilbert, Lameka Fox, Dilone and Maggie Laine who can only do Pink, and this ends up being the reason why so many girls get just one outfit.

They did a better job last year tho, Briget, Grace, Zuri, Alanna, Xiao and Lais Oliveira could all easily walk mainline as well. I'm in for VS cutting down the number of models so everyone gets at least two outfits like in 2006.

3 hours ago, Clauds said:

But VS already has Pink to appeal the cutesy, bubbly, sweet market, even doing the college and sports lines. They cast younger girls and everything Pink related is on that note to appeal a certain crowd, they now have their own Pink stores, however, VS itself has never aimed for that, they've always aimed at the sexy, most beautiful women on earth, selling a fantasy route, and they clearly still do, the problem is they are now casting girls who look too young there as well and the result is some very creepy and confusing vibes, Chanel's VS work was cringe worthy, and while I love Taylor Hill some of her shoots make me feel borderline phedo because just looks so young, thankfully she is growing into her looks now. They can put whoever they want in Pink, I frankly don't care because I rarely visit the Pink section tbh, and I'm sure that there's a lot of people who are into that vibe.

However, with the show itself the problem is VS casts 10-12 girls exclusively for Pink, instead they should cast girls who can do both things: Pink and mainline segments, much like Erin, Behati, Elsa, Miranda, Gigi. Now Paige, Nadine, Megan Irwin, Lorena Rae, Lini Kennedy, Roosmarijn de Kok, Madison Headrick, Jessie Li and Jessica Strother could all go from Pink to mainline in a heartbeat . Instead they cast girls like Rachel Hilbert, Lameka Fox, Dilone and Maggie Laine who can only do Pink, and this ends up being the reason why so many girls get just one outfit.

They did a better job last year tho, Briget, Grace, Zuri, Alanna, Xiao and Lais Oliveira could all easily walk mainline as well. I'm in for VS cutting down the number of models so everyone gets at least two outfits like in 2006.

I think Lameka and Dilone can definitely cross into mainline as well. Have you seen some of their HF walks? They're incredible and definitely have the "vibe" VS is looking for. Dilone would be very edgy and unique looking for mainline at VSFS which I love because she reminds me so much of the OG models from the earlier shows like Omahyra Mota.

On 8/11/2017 at 10:48 AM, Clauds said:

Just a question, how old are you? I ask this because for me, as a woman in my mid-twenties Gisele is way more attractive and easy to relate to than the mess that are most of the Pink girls. Same for the show's aesthetic, I like more mature looks, than girly, cutesy, balloons stuff

I couldn't agree more @Clauds! The PINK girls do absolutely nothing for me and make me feel so uneasy since they usually look like little pre teens walking their first suburban mall fashion show. I miss when PINK and VS in general used to be a balance of both cute AND sexy and the last show that had a good balance of both was the 2008 show. VS has been stuck in the "cutesy" phase for waaaaaaay too long since 2009. The shows prior to 2009 were the epitome of sexy with a sprinkle of "cute" lmao! the PINK segments managed to be cute and sexy at once probably because we had Candice, Miranda, Rosie, Doutzen, Jessica Stam, Flavia de Oliveira etc walking in those segments at one point which made it sexy to see these bombshells pull off some of the most ridiculous cutesy outfits :D

If I could have any angels/models for the show it'd be: Miranda, Grace, Candice, Jasmine, Lily A, Gigi, Barbara P, Erin, Lindsey E, Taylor, Elsa, Dilone, Maria Borges, Rosie, Josephine, Jourdan, Nadine, Cintia Dicker, Bella, Behati, Leomie, Jessica Stam, Rommee, Sui, Toni, Doutzen, Alanna, Jacquelyn J, Georgia, Megan W.....

I know most of these models have no chance to walk the VSFS, I just decided to include them to give examples of what ones I like and what models I don't like. I need to take your guys' recommendations and look up some new models that could possibly be walking.

I really think Sadie Newman has a big chance of getting cast this year, certainly not bcs of her modelling skills but just bcs of her friendship with Sara. Ed has been all over her IG, now Jerome aswell and well she also got that VS press thing with Sara. 

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 1:32 AM, aguusmaltes said:

Please no, she sucks as a model.

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 11:37 PM, Cute said:

Mackinley Hill has been at the Dogpound.. really hope she doesn't walk the show.

Oh good lord. She is so....not attractive (I tried to say it not as meanly as I intended to lol).

I hope she's just working out for her own health and whatnot. She can't walk the show, she's not a real model. I would be so disappointed in VS if they let her in. She is just ewwww

1 hour ago, bump said:

Oh good lord. She is so....not attractive (I tried to say it not as meanly as I intended to lol).

I hope she's just working out for her own health and whatnot. She can't walk the show, she's not a real model. I would be so disappointed in VS if they let her in. She is just ewwww

I was waiting for someone to say it but I was afraid I'd be attacked by the Taylor Hill worshippers :rolleyes: Mackinley is not pretty at all, she's not even "model ugly" and that's saying a lot. I really hope she's only working out to stay fit.

2 hours ago, JJMarvel said:

I really think Sadie Newman has a big chance of getting cast this year, certainly not bcs of her modelling skills but just bcs of her friendship with Sara. Ed has been all over her IG, now Jerome aswell and well she also got that VS press thing with Sara. 

Ughh VS has really been milking this nepotism thing huh? Sadie is not ugly however she's really not pretty either...she looks like a who from Whosville (The Grinch anyone? lol) and is not VS material whatsoever. 

I also find find it pretty interesting that she started off as an actress and appeared on Law & Order :O_O:

On August 12, 2017 at 7:17 PM, AngelAshley94 said:

The chances of Behati receiving the FB let alone even walking this year's show is becoming very slim atm......

IMG_2898.PNG

Based on Lais and Taylor's comments, it seems like Behati hasn't had much communication with the brand and her fellow spokesmodels in a while. 

I know it's never good to speculate, but I feel like Behati may have post-partum depression. A lot of new mothers experience this illness, with 15% of births causing PPD. Noted symptoms include: extreme sadness, low energy, anxiety, changes in sleeping/eating patterns, crying episodes, and irritability. She told PEOPLE, "'You think there’s a limit to love — like, ‘This is the thing that I love the most’ — but honestly, I think what surprised me most is how intense that love is, and also how hard, at times, it is.” The proud mama says that despite the challenges and “how little sleep” she gets, “It’s always worth it when you see her face smiling back at you.'" 

Russell has also noted that she is going through a lot right now, so clearly something is going on. Even if it isn't PPD, I think Behati taking her time is perfectly reasonable. Adjusting the motherhood may have just come easier for Candice, so Behati shouldn't feel any pressure to come back. I'd love to see her in the show, but if it's for her personal health, I think she deserves to take as long as she needs.

14 minutes ago, JROCK177217 said:

Based on Lais and Taylor's comments, it seems like Behati hasn't had much communication with the brand and her fellow spokesmodels in a while. 

I know it's never good to speculate, but I feel like Behati may have post-partum depression. A lot of new mothers experience this illness, with 15% of births causing PPD. Noted symptoms include: extreme sadness, low energy, anxiety, changes in sleeping/eating patterns, crying episodes, and irritability. She told PEOPLE, "'You think there’s a limit to love — like, ‘This is the thing that I love the most’ — but honestly, I think what surprised me most is how intense that love is, and also how hard, at times, it is.” The proud mama says that despite the challenges and “how little sleep” she gets, “It’s always worth it when you see her face smiling back at you.'" 

Russell has also noted that she is going through a lot right now, so clearly something is going on. Even if it isn't PPD, I think Behati taking her time is perfectly reasonable. Adjusting the motherhood may have just come easier for Candice, so Behati shouldn't feel any pressure to come back. I'd love to see her in the show, but if it's for her personal health, I think she deserves to take as long as she needs.

That's a whole lotta speculation and I'm sure a lot of people will jump in your throat but ... I thought about it too, i wouldn't be surprised if it's true, but the odds are we'll never know for sure. Something does seem off with her and indeed she doesn't seme to be in communication with anyone, I expected Behati and Candice to get together with their kids right away but Behati has barely left LA and except for her recent Tokyo trip, I think every other time she's been joined by Adam.

50 minutes ago, JROCK177217 said:

I never looked at it this way but your theory tho wild, is the closest to what makes sense to me too. Something has been off about Bee being low key since past year. Ed and the rest of the VS team look pretty supportive and inclusive of Bee. So as a Bee fan it did make sense to me that she still had a shot at the FB and she will be attending the holiday commercial shoot, but when she dint attend the shoot in Aspen it just made sense that she is most likely going to quit the VS scene all together, but even despite that bee has been overtly low key on social media and in general. I too recently stumbled upon an article which stated that you can detect a if a person has mental health issues by their online posts and one of the sure tell signs is posting less often(applies to people who once were active frequently),another is if a person going from depression posts stuff on social media they tend to have more "faceless posts" or throwbacks as opposed to the current updates. All these are true in case of Bee since she goes days without posting and only posts #mood, #tb etc on her instagram. 

In case something like this is the truth, I too wish her all the good vibes she can get and would love for her to take a good break from things that would add pressure to her mental health ! She is such a vibrant,jolly and expressive person. Such people tend to be more sensitive.

Sometimes we forget these people also deal with real world problems and are only human to be under different stress levels despite economical conditions or the perceived success ! OK gotta go I am gonna leave sweet messages on Bee's insta now !