Bellazon

On August 9, 2017 at 9:34 AM, Clauds said:

From girls who have never worked with them Sonia Ben Ammar, Lorena Rae, Yulia Rose, Elizabeth Turner, Lini Kennedy, Gigi Paris, Olivia Brower, Carmella Rose would all be nice additions IMO because even if some of them have no runway experience at least they have great bodies which is more than I can say about a lot of their veterans :ninja: And then there's Bryana Holly and Sofia Jamora who I adore but I doubt VS would ever work with them because they are idiots like that.

These girls are all beautiful, but most of them have next to zero runway experience, if that. It takes so much more than just a pretty face to be in the VSFS. All of the veterans train incredibly hard and look amazing. Adri, Ale, Iza, Candice, Joan, Sui... all exceptional examples of girls who have been mainstays for years, but continue to stun on the runway. VS needs to start caring more about walking abilities. Look at 2012! All the segments, even PINK, had fierce walks!

I double-checked each of the girls you mentioned and these are my overall findings. Sonia looks like a child in every D&G and Miu Miu runway she has stepped on. Lorena has only walked for The Fusion Collection. However, Karolina was featured in that show, so I'm sure she probably has a decent walk (no videos online of it). Lini has walked for Calzedonia, as well as several shows in Rio Fashion Week. She is actually a fairly strong walker. Jehane "Gigi" has a horrible walk, as seen in the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week 2015. Olivia hasn't touched the runway. Carmella has one of the shittiest walks I have ever had to witness. Just check out the Frankie's Bikini runway from Miami Fashion Week. All the models in that show are frankly horrible anyways. Sofia lacks the model measurements in the first place and has a walk only rivaled by Carmella. Bryana is in the same boat. Even worse, Bryana has horrible facial expressions as she walks, which would be horrendous when the VS cameras shoot from all angles. 

Lini is probably the only one I would want VS to even consider. Any of the other girls walking for the brand would be vomit-inducing. 

Again, to each their own, i rather see a hot messy walker (see Bruna Lirio or Dani Braga) than a "fabulous" walker who is just tragic, boring, unattractive or i can't even remember her at all even if she's been in the show for years:idk:. This is a lingerie/swimsuit show, I'm here for the hot girls involved, Marisa Miller was a really messy walker but I enjoyed seeing her in the show every year. 

^ I don't see what's enjoyable about a "messy" walker, no matter how hot she is according to anyone. No one wants to see a model on the catwalk who can't walk properly. Seriously, nothing is more embarrassing than seeing them struggle while others are just "gliding" on that catwalk. 

51 minutes ago, CandleVixen said:

As Clauds said, it's a lingerie show. Girls should look hot in the product. After all, isn't all about selling the merchandise? 

I mean, besides our amusement here at Bellazon?

Right... So if it were up to you, it wouldn't matter if they "walked" down that runway like seen in these 3 gifs? :cain:

Models are paid to wear those heels as well, since they're part of the outfit, so yes, I think they should be able to walk properly in them. There's nothing hot about a stunning girl in beautifully made lingerie that can't walk. 

tumblr_inline_o7azv0D3c71qd48fn_250.gif d373e1c7-9d52-421f-8ba2-1485ef483672.gif YyFxvD8.gif

10 hours ago, JROCK177217 said:

If were talking grand scheme of things, of course 2000 - 2006 was the golden years of VS fierceness. However, 2012 is easily one of the best shows within recent history. Hasn't really been stellar since 2013, but 2014 and 2016 weren't terrible, in my opinion. 

2012 was awesome!!! One of my favorites actually.

I hated 2013 though, that was just awful, there was nothing redeeming except Lily's British Invasion punk outfit. I LOVED that...

2014 was eh, 2015 was eh, and 2016 was pretty good surprisingly.

I must be the only one who doesn't like anything prior to 2009. I'm sure I could find something nice to say about the previous shows but nothing sticks out to me right now. And I've watched them all at one point or another.

I don't like the look of the models prior to 2009, a lot of them look old and leathery.  I also didn't like the set choices prior to 2009/2010.

Just now, *Luna* said:

@bump This is just out curiosity but would you mind explaining what exactly you didn't like about any of the shows prior to 2009... I'm assuming you didn't like anything about it since you said the shows, the models and the set choices. I googled some pictures from various shows, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2005, 2008... And while we all have different opinions, I don't really see the "old and leathery" look in these pictures.

14angel22.jpg  CAPcPwrWwAAYV18.jpg  ec802a92accc78ea2bef437a7611b1e2.jpg fdad6f10a7f93ff935df6e4f1c126395.jpg i63350_victorias-secret-fashion-show-2006-various-runway-a-backstage-_0010-713x1024.jpg  tumblr_inline_nz44diZV9H1t1n6uk_540.jpg

I really like Miranda so I cut her out cause she looked good (hated her Snow outfit though, I hate winter themed segments), I left the pictures that I think the model looks old and not my cup of tea which is pretty much every picture you included. I realize Gisele is one of them, I don't like her look at all. the last picture of whoever that lady is, no way she looks rough and that lipstick is awful and the granny panties...no thanks. Gisele's Highland Romance outfit is pretty cool though. Sometimes I like Doutzen, but not that picture nor that outfit, I don't like Christmas themed anything. These pictures do not spark my interest at all and are exactly why I don't like the models or outfits.

We must have two totally opposite opinions on the older shows, but I think that's pretty cool just to see how big of a range of opinions there are regarding the models/shows, etc. I'm glad you posted these, this is interesting to think about!

I like segments like: Tough Love, Aquatic Angels, Circus opening, Boho Psychedelic, Game On, Angels in Bloom, Bright Night Angel..

I like models like Candice, Barbara P, Behati, Taylor, Miranda, Gigi, Grace, Cintia Dicker, ...younger looking models...

I don't like models like Gisele, Caroline Winberg, Heidi, Anne V, Anja, Lily D, Izabel, Katsia D, Joan Smalls, Marissa Miller...they all look old to me and none of them are attractive in the slightest in my opinion.

Just a question, how old are you? I ask this because for me, as a woman in my mid-twenties Gisele is way more attractive and easy to relate to than the mess that are most of the Pink girls. Same for the show's aesthetic, I like more mature looks, than girly, cutesy, balloons stuff

5 hours ago, bump said:

2012 was awesome!!! One of my favorites actually.

I hated 2013 though, that was just awful, there was nothing redeeming except Lily's British Invasion punk outfit. I LOVED that...

2014 was eh, 2015 was eh, and 2016 was pretty good surprisingly.

I must be the only one who doesn't like anything prior to 2009. I'm sure I could find something nice to say about the previous shows but nothing sticks out to me right now. And I've watched them all at one point or another.

I don't like the look of the models prior to 2009, a lot of them look old and leathery.  I also didn't like the set choices prior to 2009/2010.

@bump all of the best shows (in my opinion) were prior to 2009 :/ the 2008 show being the LAST good one IMO, however I did enjoy the 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 shows. But the pinnacle of VS has always been the shows from 2000-2006. Best models, killer walks (can't name one bad walker from the past shows tbh lol) and all the girls looked difffernt and had something significant about them that just sparked. All the new angels are a teenage snoozefest and only very few of them can actually walk or have a decent runway appearance.

15 hours ago, Clauds said:

Again, to each their own, i rather see a hot messy walker (see Bruna Lirio or Dani Braga) than a "fabulous" walker who is just tragic, boring, unattractive or i can't even remember her at all even if she's been in the show for years:idk:. This is a lingerie/swimsuit show, I'm here for the hot girls involved, Marisa Miller was a really messy walker but I enjoyed seeing her in the show every year. 

@ClaudsI love you hon, but I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one :/ Id very much rather see a "plain" looking model with a killer walk over a "hot" model with a messy walk (for example Jac Jagaciak, I don't find her necessarily beautiful or gorgeous as the other Angels and I was confused as to why she was announced as a New Angel to begin with but that girl has such a striking smile and her runway walk is absolutely stellar! I miss her as an Angel...). 

"Hot" models with terrible and messy walks are embarrassing to watch and cringe inducing...let's not forget the mess that was Marisa Miller..or Cara Delevgine..or Bella Hadid...although the last two IMO are not even beautiful to begin with :no2:

See, if this was Chanel, D&G, Dior, etc I'd agree that having a great walk should be more important than being attractive, but considering the product VS wants to sell, and the idea VS wants to sell of "we have the most beautiful women in the planet here", I can't come choose say Lily Donaldson over Marisa Miller for example. I agree with you that the best shows were 2000-2006, and part of the reason for me is that they used to cast stunning women, now the models look younger and younger, VS now casts any girl with a decent HF background regardless of how fitted for the brand she is. Take Carol BN, she was a HF girl VS decided to cast her multiple times and she was cringe worthy every single time, and I actually like her but she and VS need to just never mix, same happened with Lara Stone, I love her HF work but seeing her in the VS show was just awful, she looked so out of place, even if she did have one of the strongest walks. Yet Bruna Lirio was so beautiful and looked amazing in every single picture, seeing her in motion left me surprised because her walk was quite messy, but overall I still really liked her.

Marisa is the perfect example, she wasn't the greatest walker, she was actually a mess in 2007 but she was so pretty and had such a good body that most of people (talking about your average american here) wouldn't notice or wouldn't care about it, people still loved Marisa. Having a bad walk may be awful for the people of Bellazon, but as long as the girls are hot, do you really think the non-fashionistas will care? Nope, they won't. VS wants to sell a fantasy, then give us fantasy girls.

28 minutes ago, elfstone said:

I would like to see Luna Bijl at this years show.

https://www.instagram.com/mxlunaa/

YES! Beautiful girl, amazing walk, stellar HF career, and outstanding poses. 

43 minutes ago, Clauds said:

See, if this was Chanel, D&G, Dior, etc I'd agree that having a great walk should be more important than being attractive, but considering the product VS wants to sell, and the idea VS wants to sell of "we have the most beautiful women in the planet here", I can't come choose say Lily Donaldson over Marisa Miller for example. I agree with you that the best shows were 2000-2006, and part of the reason for me is that they used to cast stunning women, now the models look younger and younger, VS now casts any girl with a decent HF background regardless of how fitted for the brand she is. Take Carol BN, she was a HF girl VS decided to cast her multiple times and she was cringe worthy every single time, and I actually like her but she and VS need to just never mix

Caroline really wasn't my favorite either, but I think she was good for the PINK sections in 2011 and 2013. 2011 was definitely a stronger performance, but she did well both times. Definitely agree that VS needs to cast more mature looking women. Plain and simple, VS models need the walk and the look. That's what makes them perfect for the show. You can only get so far with looks. 

48 minutes ago, Clauds said:

Same happened with Lara Stone, I love her HF work but seeing her in the VS show was just awful, she looked so out of place, even if she did have one of the strongest walks. Yet Bruna Lirio was so beautiful and looked amazing in every single picture, seeing her in motion left me surprised because her walk was quite messy, but overall I still really liked her.

Marisa is the perfect example, she wasn't the greatest walker, she was actually a mess in 2007 but she was so pretty and had such a good body that most of people (talking about your average american here) wouldn't notice or wouldn't care about it, people still loved Marisa. Having a bad walk may be awful for the people of Bellazon, but as long as the girls are hot, do you really think the non-fashionistas will care? Nope, they won't. VS wants to sell a fantasy, then give us fantasy girls.

I love Lara but she has a fairly subpar walk, due to her feet being abnormally large for runway shoes. She's a stand-out in HF, but runway has never been her thing. Not a great example for comparing the two.

Bruna looked sloppy and I think everyone can agree that's why she wasn't back in 2016. 

Marisa's walk actually improved each show and her appeal to the general public was earned via her Angel contract and SI appearances. She went fairly unnoticed her first walk, because it was messy, but got her contract because of her outside fame in the modeling world. She definitely worked hard to improve, because I liked her in 2009. Prior to that, I wasn't a fan.

Well i think everyone can improve if given the chance, hence my list of girls. Can't hate on them if they are not given a chance:idk: i find to be particularly annoying with the catalog girls like Nadine, Paige Reifler, Robin, etc.  They earned their place, yet VS keeps casting the most random girls

3 hours ago, Clauds said:

Well i think everyone can improve if given the chance, hence my list of girls. Can't hate on them if they are not given a chance:idk: i find to be particularly annoying with the catalog girls like Nadine, Paige Reifler, Robin, etc.  They earned their place, yet VS keeps casting the most random girls

100% agree. Nadine, Robin, Roosmarijn, Marloes, and Paige all should've walked by now. However, it's good that VS looks outside of their own box too.

6 hours ago, Clauds said:

Ugh yes, i've been waiting for Nadine to walk for years!