Bellazon

I think some people will get cut after this show, VS has been using certain girls less and less this year like they usually do when they are phasing out a model so I do think two or three girls could be getting cut. Especially if it is true that Ming and/or Sui are getting contracts

8 minutes ago, Clauds said:

I think some people will get cut after this show, VS has been using certain girls less and less this year like they usually do when they are phasing out a model so I do think two or three girls could be getting cut. Especially if it is true that Ming and/or Sui are getting contracts

Which girls do you have in mind? I can only think of Martha as in not shooting lately

Going off my list, this is the number of times each girl has been used in the last year. (The numbers could be a little off since I'm just getting this info from social media and what the girls/crew post, but it should give you a general idea.)

Photoshoots

Adriana: 2

Alessandra: 0

Behati: 0

Candice: 5

Elsa: 20

Jasmine: 21

Josephine: 18

Lais: 20

Lily: 5

Martha: 20

Romee: 13

Sara: 14

Stella: 7

Taylor: 8

Events

Adriana: 1

Alessandra: 2

Behati: 0

Candice: 0

Elsa: 0

Jasmine: 2

Josephine: 3

Lais: 0

Lily: 0

Martha: 1

Romee: 3

Sara: 1

Stella: 2

Taylor: 1

The events are a little skewed, as Josephine replaced Adriana for the China opening, and someone replaced Taylor at Coachella, I can't remember who. Both of them were specifically promoted for those events, which is why I mention it. 

I hadn't realized how few events they've had this year. I feel like they usually have more by now. 

lol @ Candice being back for a month and a half and shooting more than Ale/Adriana and the same amount as Lily. I'm surprised Taylor and Stella's are so low, they seem to have been shooting a lot lately so they must have been out of the rotation at the beginning of the year.

Yeah, when I was looking at the events I was thinking the same thing. They've really cut back on them. :/  Taylor and Stella are also the girls that post less about work/being on shoots, at least from what I've seen, so it's possible their numbers are a little higher and I've missed a couple shoots, but they definitely still shoot the least. 

And thanks! For some reason I missed the Shanghai event on my main list, so I'll correct that. 

So stop me if I'm wrong, there was a VS confession going on about how its a sin to wish for a model to become a VS angel because it takes away their HF career and source of income technically. Technically what y'all are saying is, build HF career, use VS as a stepping stone for more fame to get to where you want? Then if you're lucky, you get to work large brands, fashion or not. 

I honestly thought VS pays well, but I guess it must just be the fame. Maybe even fashion is suffering. 

Also, anyone seen the model search in China yet? Those girls can't walk... it's like an Asian Jessica Hart and Lily Aldridge combined. 

53 minutes ago, PastaFreak said:

So stop me if I'm wrong, there was a VS confession going on about how its a sin to wish for a model to become a VS angel because it takes away their HF career and source of income technically. Technically what y'all are saying is, build HF career, use VS as a stepping stone for more fame to get to where you want? Then if you're lucky, you get to work large brands, fashion or not. 

I think it's less common now, but for a long time if a model worked for VS she was seen as too commercial to ever be a HF model. There were designers who wouldn't book VS girls for their shows or campaigns because of it. It's still true now, but there's a lot more crossover if you will. HF modeling pays next to nothing compared to commercial/catalog modeling. Usually models only see income if they a) book campaigns or b) are exclusives for runway shows, in which they're paid to do so. 

VS doesn't always look to HF girls when they're looking to book for their shoots or for angels. I'd say most of the current angels didn't really have strong HF careers prior to becoming angels and the same ones got a boost from being an angel. Social media is an important part of branding these days and some HF brands seek out models who have those large followings because they believe it could translate into sales. I don't think there's been any proof if it does or doesn't, though.

1 hour ago, PastaFreak said:

Also, anyone seen the model search in China yet? Those girls can't walk... it's like an Asian Jessica Hart and Lily Aldridge combined. 

What's your runway walk like? You're entitled to an opinion, but putting down establish models with careers and models who are trying hard to establish a career is pretty petty ... 

6 hours ago, elfstone said:

I think Vittoria Ceretti will make her debut at this years show. She gets cast for most of the major HF shows. PLUS she recently turned 18

Oh God, no no no no no, Yasmin Wijnaldum, Greta Varlese, Roos Abels, Frederikke Sofie, Birgit Kos, Camille Hurel are all better than Vittoria for VS 

3 hours ago, sammyangel said:

What's your runway walk like? You're entitled to an opinion, but putting down establish models with careers and models who are trying hard to establish a career is pretty petty ... 

Those aren't established models. A number of them were ex-contestants from China's Next Top Model that were eliminated and they went on VS' competition. There was a video of them holding balloons and walking down the runway, most of them walked like Jessica Hart and Lily A.  A few of them had great walks, but a majority of them can't walk is what I'm saying. If that's the quality of models turning up at the search, I rather them get established Asian models like Du Juan and Sun Fei Fei to walk. Even someone like Fernanda Ly is great. 

What's my runway walk like? Someone like Candice is great, the hip and waist movement. Someone like Toni Garn, Maryna Linchuk if they're the kind to walk with their hands and arms down. Behati, Kendall Jenner, Liu Wen kind of walks are definitely not my ideal runway walk. 

When do they normally start showing some of the outfits and/or models? I'm excited, I followed the show last year but didn't get on the threads this early so I really feel like this year I get to track it and keep up to date as the information comes out (all thanks to you guys! I don't do social media or anything so I wouldn't know anything about the show if it wasn't for all you amazing people!) :stormy:

5 hours ago, piotrz234 said:

Oh God, no no no no no, Yasmin Wijnaldum, Greta Varlese, Roos Abels, Frederikke Sofie, Birgit Kos, Camille Hurel are all better than Vittoria for VS 

I couldn't agree more. Vittoria is waaay too boring and bland for VS. she lack me zero charisma or runway appeal...Yasmin and Frederikke? now those are fucking supermodels in the making. I would love to see them both this yea as newcomers!

30 minutes ago, bump said:

When do they normally start showing some of the outfits and/or models? I'm excited, I followed the show last year but didn't get on the threads this early so I really feel like this year I get to track it and keep up to date as the information comes out (all thanks to you guys! I don't do social media or anything so I wouldn't know anything about the show if it wasn't for all you amazing people!) :stormy:

They usually start releasing the segments and sketches by mid or late September :smile: the outfits and looks are usually around early October.

Just now, AngelAshley94 said:

They usually start releasing the segments and sketches by mid or late September :smile: the outfits and looks are usually around early October.

Thank you AngelAshley!

I wish it was sooner but at least it's something to look forward to.

It also gives me some time to look at current models that may have a chance to walk and see who I like and who I don't like.

I've really been loving the sketches that were posted in this thread (I think you posted them, correct? If so thank you! If not, thanks to whoever posted them!)