Bellazon

2018 SI Swimsuit

I've just realized what bothers me the most about this whole thing, is not just the fact that they went for a bunch of fat chicks to look woke, I would understand that if SI would put their money where their mouth is, but the fact is that as much as they are preaching body acceptance and blablabla, they will still retouch the fuck out of these models to make them look "better" in their precious magazine, so here's MJ parading with these women and talking about how cool it is that one of them is 100lbs bigger than the other, when truth is in February everyone will be so retouched it doesn't even look like them in some pictures, they've done this for years, they did it as recently as this year. Because sure you can be as big as you want, but god forbids you have stretch marks or cellulite, that is unacceptable!, they even go as far as removing beauty marks, they actually remove the fat rolls on the models, why would you hire Ashley Graham in the first place if you are going to photoshop the hell out of her to make her look more fit?. If they are sooo into diversity, body positivity and this whole love yourself bullshit, shouldn't they just show their pictures as they really are? I'm sorry but MJ is just using these women to sell more, and I get it's a business but I find what she is doing so incredibly hypocrite and disgusting and I can't believe some people are actually stupid enough to fall for it. 

Sorry for the rant but I needed to vent a little, I just went through all the horrid pictures from their swim show and it was too much :ninja: 

16 hours ago, Clauds said:

...so here's MJ parading with these women and talking about how cool it is that one of them is 100lbs bigger than the other, when truth is in February everyone will be so retouched it doesn't even look like them in some pictures, they've done this for years, they did it as recently as this year. ... I'm sorry but MJ is just using these women to sell more, and I get it's a business but I find what she is doing so incredibly hypocrite and disgusting and I can't believe some people are actually stupid enough to fall for it. 

Sorry for the rant but I needed to vent a little, I just went through all the horrid pictures from their swim show and it was too much :ninja: 

Clauds, you nailed it! :thumbsup:

You said pretty much what I was thinking too, only you said it way better than I can. :hug:

20225496_804281019753670_1209586640230547456_n.thumb.jpg.5e6b0024330115efb8ebf21ceee51bf5.jpg

From one dream to the next.✨ I left #swimweek with new friends and incredible memories. I don't know when we will know who officially will become #SIswim models in the 2018 issue, but I know they can't make a bad choice with the women they have to choose from!?? And as for me, I'll just be chasing other dreams until I get the email- that I'm in (??) or that this isn't the year for me (?). Whatever fate has in store, I have done my best and can rest knowing that what "is meant for me will never miss me, and that which misses me was never meant for me".❤️

Typo or what? :/

13 hours ago, everyboulevard said:

Dear god what is that duck face Hailey's making in that first photo. 

That her feeling "empowered", "sexy" and "hot" while walking.... unfortunately when girls make that face it just looks retarded.

10 hours ago, selyoink said:

Hailey is just as underwhelming as the open casting finalists.

I've been a fan of Hailey since she was 13 and I know her body of work in & out but since joining SI she's lost a certain spark she had while in HF and just comes across looking sloppy. I'm gonna agree with you.  Hailey has produced some nice pictures, but for the most part I'm left totally underwhelmed by her SI work both on and off the catwalk,