Bellazon

2018 SI Swimsuit

1 minute ago, hottness said:

There's some really bad implants in this issue yo. Is there a petition somewhere I can sign??

I honestly don't know what is up with this issue. On the one hand, M.J.'s faux body positivity activism, on the other hand, models with obviously fake boobs. Doesn't one contradict the other? :idk:

Some thoughts after looking at the whole magazine :

- the editor's letter talking about "empowerment" by posing nude doesn't make sense to me. How is that any different from what they usually do ? Because they use different standards of beauty than before ?

- I hope never to see Alexis Ren again. I see she won the ROTY so she's probably here to stay but those lips look awful

- I'm trying not to be insensitive but missing body parts, regardless of how it happened, is hard to sell as being sexy

- I don't think I have heard of Eugenie Bouchard doing anything noteworthy in tennis since the hype around her started a few years ago. As far as I can recall, she did a few good performances then that got her in the spotlight and nothing since.

- When prompted to choose a word to describe yourself you choose "divine" or "goddess" ?

Overall, I guess it an okay issue but not memorable.

Pretty and I went over the whole thing yesterday.

Much boring

Getting "swimswear" from Etsy

SJW pride

Women who have "inspirational" quotes written on them that don't really do much/not actually wearing body paint or a swimsuit

Sammy = Nina Agdal shoot

And many other things that were dumb/boring/stupid/annoying/not sexy/not interesting.

3/10 Only cause I was making Pretty laugh most of the time while looking at the models and picking apart the designers

@CrazyGEN I actually like Brenna Huckaby, she is cute and like her purple hair, I just wish she wore a different prothesis, there is so many fashionable prosthesis and some with cool design, I found Aimee Mullin pretty sexy and she’s missing both leg, I also found

Amy Purdy that is missing both legs very beautiful.both are athletes. 

6 minutes ago, La Vie Est Belle said:

@CrazyGEN I actually like Brenna Huckaby, she is cute and like her purple hair, I just wish she wore a different prothesis, there is so many fashionable prosthesis and some with cool design, I found Aimee Mullin pretty sexy and she’s missing both leg, I also found

Amy Purdy that is missing both legs very beautiful.both are athletes. 

I think she didn't know what suits they were going to give her so she didn't want anything that might clash with her outfits. The safest bet was use a basic prosthesis so she went with the  Black one. If she went with a Nude color one it might not exactly match her skin tone which would look weird on camera, and if she went with a designed one it might look too tacky. Besides, it takes a awhile to get new a prosthesis made and you need to get used to them. She probably went with the black one b/c she has already adjusted to it. Not only that, prosthesis are expensive and getting coverage & reimbursement from insurance is complicated.

3 hours ago, peroxideblonde said:

Really? Her team sure but her in person too?

Yup, she does and she does not like Bellazon at all, all of us are in her shit list ... Maybe that's why she only casts models we hate :rofl: