Bellazon

2018 SI Swimsuit

Yesh, by far the worst issue for me! I'm not sorry in saying this but, they need to cut the crap with all these fat chicks, that's what it is, FAT! If obesity being plugged in is now the new norm for MJ, then this mag has lost all it's appeal for me. Seriously, wtf is it with so many overweight and obese women... do people really want to see this? Are people forgetting what SI use to be about. I shutter at the sight of some of these images :ninja: And yes, women come in all shapes and sizes, I f@#king realize that, but is there any spot left where we don't have to cater to the  fat acceptance moment? :banghead: 

But meh, to quickly summarize this mess of an issue; Babs looked better than last year and she needs to stop playing it safe with her bikinis and shoots. Lais body shined along with Georgia (fav rookie for sure), Robin was a nice look but nothing wow for me. But that's pretty much it, some other decent girls but why even bother with the rest! It was just meh across the board.

i used to like MJ, she was never perfect sure but she did nice things too..but now her departure is really needed, she doesn't have good ideas anymore..and while last year we still got AMAZING shoots this time the situation is TRAGIC

SI needs new people, pretty much like VS does but i guess this will not happed for both things :banghead:

I honestly don't care if I ever see photos of 75% of the girls in this issue ever again.

Wow. To feel that way about Sports Illustrated seems incredible to me.

Megan Williams and Dana Taylor were stunning omissions, as far as I'm concerned. That's to say nothing of Bojana Krsmanović, Kelly Gale &
Mia Kang. All superb looking girls.

Leafing through this latest edition, it's like a horror show. Only Vita and Barbara (with some shots of Kate Upton & Kate Bock) have any kind of appeal for me. Samantha Hoopes still has that Baywatch thing going on but they ought to try something else with her. Hailey too. They both need a reboot. Anna de Paula looks okay , I guess.

Bianca looks cold and fierce. Not a good shoot for her. Sailor is just nepotism in the industry and the rest don't even warrant mentioning. You'd probably see better-looking women walking down a street in any major city of the world.

Hoping next year that S.I can try and claw back some of its magic because right now it's in a very low place.

This would have been my cover.

2.jpg

Missing from last year:

Hannah Ferguson – left of her own accord?
Nina Agdal – left of her own accord?

Bojana Krsmanović
Kelly Gale
Mia Kang

Hannah Davis – gave birth recently so opted out?
Chrissy Teigen – pregnant
Rose Bertram – pregnant

In addition, Robyn Lawley did not have a regular beach shoot.

(Alexa Ray Joel and Christie Brinkley meant for just the 2017 issue)

3 minutes ago, Sanni said:

The only picture thus far that made me feel a little heat in my belly:

CsxOSu7C_t.jpg

Yes, that's a fantastic picture! :angel: This swimsuit is really good. Fortunately, there's Kate to save this year's issue (also Vita and Barbara)