Bellazon

2018 SI Swimsuit

I thought Nina had said in that body-shaming article that she'd basically decided to take the last year off from modeling.  :idk:

Still, would be great if she had a surprise cover kind of like Kate Upton last year.  Not holding my breath on it, though.  Pretty sure it's going to be Barbara Palvin this time around.

25 minutes ago, VS19 said:

I thought Nina had said in that body-shaming article that she'd basically decided to take the last year off from modeling.  :idk:

Still, would be great if she had a surprise cover kind of like Kate Upton last year.  Not holding my breath on it, though.  Pretty sure it's going to be Barbara Palvin this time around.

cover with Nina will not happening and thats cool but she totally deserved longevity like Anne V and Irina or at least 8 years . Nina decided take a break  months after the SI castings  because prettyphile or somebody pretty knows saw her at the Castings.  later she in nov came back for a cover photoshoot with that stupid magazine Venice. 

1 minute ago, MarVS said:

cover with Nina will not happening and thats cool but she totally deserved longevity like Anne V and Irina or at least 8 years . Nina decided take a break  months after the SI castings  because prettyphile or somebody pretty knows saw her at the Castings.  later she in nov came back for a cover photoshoot with that stupid magazine Venice. 

Yeah, she definitely deserved that kid of longevity, as well as a solo cover.  It's not at all right that she didn't get either, IMO.

Didn't know about the casting thing, just going by what I had thought I'd read.  Makes it even more unfortunate.  :sad: 

I'm like 99% sure Nina decided not to come back, same for Hannah. I'm still trying to get the tea on it but I do know for sure some of the veterans decided to NOT come back due to the direction the magazine is taking, and based on her interviews from last year where the awkwardness was real I'd be willing to bet Nina is one of them. She was spotted at castings but that doesn't mean she didn't get it, she wouldn't be the first (and most likely not the last) model to turn down SI in recent years.

It's not a matter of what she deserved if she decided to quit lol. If she made the decision to quit/take time off then she deserves to quit/take time off. They did Erin Heatherton rotten though. She was one of the best ones her rookie year (IMO) and one of the ones I was looking forward to the most seeing return. Unfortunately they went for scenic pictures with animals, as if people looking at the swimsuit magazines are looking at it for the scenery. I mean sure it's cool for them but they could have given her much better outfits and pictures. And I didn't have an issue with the curly hair, that's apparently her natural hair. But I think ultimately her suits weren't revealing enough. Maybe I'm just weird for liking her rookie season, she's still smokin' hot as far as I'm concerned. I don't really like the direction it's going either, but I'm looking forward to this one just as much as any year, I think there's going to be a lot of good rookies, along with Kate and Barbara who never disappoint :oh_no::pop: