Bellazon

2018 SI Swimsuit

42 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

I know it's rigged, but I wonder if SI looks at the actual numbers when they're considering who to bring back for the next year? 

They brought back 5/7 of last years rookies, and Myla ranking higher than Kelly G seems wrong to me but maybe I'm just biased. :rofl: 

Maybe it’s like Playboy’s Playmate of the Year voting. They took into consideration the readers’ vote etc. but Hef made the final decision.

49 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

I know it's rigged, but I wonder if SI looks at the actual numbers when they're considering who to bring back for the next year? 

They brought back 5/7 of last years rookies, and Myla ranking higher than Kelly G seems wrong to me but maybe I'm just biased. :rofl:

I am sure they do. The one who wins probably has some special arrangement with SI like maybe their agency made a deal with SI. It is like that too with award shows like the Oscars, Emmy, Grammys, etc. 

For the ones they do bring back I am sure part of it is popularity and a huge part is politics like brown nosing and agency deals.

2 hours ago, bebop2015 said:

That’s from the Mayo Clinic..

FA3F2092-1629-42B9-90BD-9C807B3675A4.jpeg BE320960-2381-4CED-ADA5-2D2BE6428016.png

There's a strain of research in nutrition and health that points to the fact that the more calories that are metabolized, the more aging/mutation of cellular structures occur over the human lifespan. A common trait with people who live over 100 years is how little they eat- not long ago one of the oldest men in the world (not surprisingly, a Japanese doctor) died and his diet looked to be in the 1300-1500 calories a day range. (a small man, 125 lbs)  He managed to avoid malnutrition and still maintain a very low intake.  The Japanese have some of the longest lifespans in the world, and part of it has to do with how thin they are.

From the rookies I like Chase, Robin, Georgia, Raven and Sailor. Olivia I am okay with but she would not be my first pick. The rest are just yiiikes, I love Anne but her picture is just really bad so hopefully the rest will be better

13 hours ago, jessicanicole said:

Most of the rookies are so underwhelming. I wonder what kind of wake up call it’ll take to get the magazine back on track or if it’s just doomed for mediocrity. 

Couldn't agree more. With the emphasis on severe obesity and plastic surgery, I'd go one step further and say they are 'striving' for mediocrity.

Sports Illustrated swimsuit used to mean something for those the got in the issue. Now it's just checking boxes.

Thank God real sports haven't started integrating the same BS, trying to force change on how we feel about what an athlete should be.

What does confuse me a bit about MJ is that she does not seem to mind plastic surgery, namely breast implants, on the models. The story they are trying to tell with castings would have more internal logic if they tried to cast natural beauties as much as possible.

On 1/26/2018 at 3:27 PM, effyja2012 said:

Yeah a few days ago i think.

It bugs me that on the site, their "archive" only goes back to 2014. However if you google, say, "SI swimsuit 2007", a bunch of choices come up that take you to SI's site.  You can then view the pics there.  But why not have those years as choices on the main page instead of only going back to 2014?  This bugs me for some reason  

Apparently someone at SI read my post. :laugh:  I see 2012 and 2013 are now on the site.  I wonder how far back they'll go....