Bellazon

2018 SI Swimsuit

22 hours ago, jj3 said:

Now you say that i understand, i made something lately in a pretty big cloth shop, ... and i was surprised the way they classified the sizes. They were pround to say we have "plus sizes", but i noticed for the opposite, you had to go pretty quickly in the kid space, for smaller sizes, so i understand what you mean.

But now it's said, oh, common :D ! I know short girls love to complain about their height because they know boys find that pretty cute, that's somehow a "normailty". And plus, that's a whole part of your personailty, short girls make lots of things, fun things, (or no lol) that taller girls don't do. 

What you say remind me how much that's a business, like i said above, brands and shops make money with that. Si trying to create that swimwear brand is a business, just like when some brands try to sale religious clothes ... It's not so innocent as they want us to think, in the end. They wanted to sale paper, and now they want to sale tissue.

But still, it's exploiting an unhealthy image of the woman. Bad reason, bad business. 

I never complain about my height tbh, it means I get to be comfortable pretty much everywhere because there's room to fit in :rofl:  I only complained when I realized being so short meant my Beauty pageant dreams would never come true lol. And yes, it is a business for sure and I understand that, my problem is that as mentioned, it's promoting unhealthy as the new normal, they probably will sell well in the swimwear line but I can see the magazine either flopping or completely changing their style to aim for women instead of men.

And oh lord this Sarina chick is such a mess o.o, watch her win the whole thing lolol the comments are gold tho, I'd feel bad for her but she's making money with this and she clearly thought this was a great idea

3 minutes ago, jj3 said:

With time, SI will just become repulsive for the real models, if the shitshow continues. 

“Real models” are repulsed by “plus size” or curve models? Give me a break. Some men are upset over losing some wank material. I doubt other models care enough to be repulsed.

20 minutes ago, Sanni said:

“Real models” are repulsed by “plus size” or curve models? Give me a break. Some men are upset over losing some wank material. I doubt other models care enough to be repulsed.

When something become a shitshow, well yes, it may become repulsive to work with it ... to be associated to it.

10 hours ago, jj3 said:

When something become a shitshow, well yes, it may become repulsive to work with it ... to be associated to it.

Exactly. It's like no one wants to be associated with certain brands, designers, photographers, etc because they have a bad reputation.

Take Playboy, no legit model or respected actress wanted to be in the magazine because of their trashy style, it was like that for a long time, it became a shitshow. I can see the same happening with SI.

https://www.si.com/swim-daily/2017/08/08/camille-kostek-si-swimsuit-open-casting-call-top-15

Next up is former Patriots cheerleader Camille Kostek! This blonde bombshell from Connecticut has dreamed of modeling for SI Swimsuit since she was a little girl. "Confidence is sexy. That's what Sports Illustrated Swim stands for," she said in her standout #SISwimSearch submission. "They have this movement where you can just be beautiful no matter what shape, what size, your height, your body type, your ethnicity... They represent it all. And I want to be a part of that." And it's a good thing — because we want you to be a part of it, too, girl!

IMG_2146.JPG IMG_2147.JPG

3 hours ago, hauteheart said:

https://www.si.com/swim-daily/2017/08/08/camille-kostek-si-swimsuit-open-casting-call-top-15

Next up is former Patriots cheerleader Camille Kostek! This blonde bombshell from Connecticut has dreamed of modeling for SI Swimsuit since she was a little girl. "Confidence is sexy. That's what Sports Illustrated Swim stands for," she said in her standout #SISwimSearch submission. "They have this movement where you can just be beautiful no matter what shape, what size, your height, your body type, your ethnicity... They represent it all. And I want to be a part of that." And it's a good thing — because we want you to be a part of it, too, girl!

IMG_2146.JPG IMG_2147.JPG

T H I C C - Next on the Real Housewives of Florida

ZA73mIy.gif

Daily reminder that this may well be in the magazine....

Allie is living proof that good things come to those who actually don't wait, as her #SISwimSearch submission was one of the very first ones we saw! A state championship basketball player, turned pageant queen, turned swimsuit designer and model — is there anything this blonde beauty can't do?! So why SI Swimsuit? Allie is a middle size model, who isn't a big fan of traditional categories like "plus size" and "runway," and is looking for a platform where women of all shapes and sizes can see their bodies represented. Talk about a perfect fit for us!

https://www.si.com/swim-daily/2017/08/11/allie-ayers-si-swimsuit-open-casting-call-top-15

IMG_2153.JPG IMG_2154.JPG