Bellazon

2018 SI Swimsuit

Meet the #SISwimSearch Top 15!

Kelsey Hendrix

Wed Jul 19, 2017 @ 11:14 AM

There were thousands. Then there were 35. And now the top 15 ladies from our first-ever open casting call are preparing for a historic South Beach takeover.

Not only will these 15 lucky ladies be showcasing our debut swimwear line, they'll also be competing for a chance to be featured in the 2018 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue.

Back in May, we held our first-ever open casting call to find the next big SI Swimsuit star. After receiving thousands of Instagram submissions from around the world, we invited 35 fabulous women to SI's Brooklyn offices for an in-person interview and photo shoot. From there, it wasn't easy, but we narrowed down the list to these 15, who will continue to make waves as they walk the runway in SI's first branded swimwear show.

Prepare to fall in love with these spunky, spirited and stunningly sexy ladies:

Allie Ayers

pepSA8ym.jpg

Kate De Paz

KE5qSUSm.jpg

Iyonna Fairbanks

zG5ECHVm.jpg

Kayla Fitzgerald

bgU9sMwm.jpg

Olivia Jordan

619i8iRm.jpg

Haley Kalil

d35w7ctm.jpg

Camille Kostek

ULeFNRim.jpg

Tabria Majors

pGgvSWLm.jpg

Shelby McLean

oQMbVhfm.jpg

Keyeriah Miles

zzLQzfdm.jpg

Dessie Mitcheson

SoW7xOEm.jpg

Sarina Nowak

XgFD7Imm.jpg

Stefanie Rachel

IdxkvwYm.jpg

Steph Snyder

WvM48aum.jpg

Michelle Vidal

69tU6yum.jpg

Who will make it onto the pages of SI Swimsuit 2018? Only time will tell! But until then, enjoy every moment of Miami Swim Week through the lens of the ladies of #SISwimSearch!

https://www.si.com/swim-daily/2017/07/18/si-swimsuit-open-casting-call-top-15

Have they said how many girls will make it into the magazine? I'm guessing these girls won't get a full spread- maybe 2-4 pages each if they have multiple girls? :idk: 

I kinda don't mind Kayla or Steph but I would be more than happy if none of them made the issue. 

I like some of these models... just not for SI. 

Olivia is certainly a keeper

Dessie would be good for the issue IMO and maybe Kayla.  The rest? No. I like some of them, but.. again..not for SI.  I'm cool with the diversity thing, i really am. This bunch just doesn't do it for me.

Also, before we all panic, I think only one of these girls is getting in.  So, breathe everyone.

On 7/19/2017 at 9:24 AM, Stromboli1 said:

Gronk is a meathead, but a fun one.

He is slightly less dumbass and more intelligent & personable than Lochte. I will give him that. Everyone I know who has met him has said he is very friendly and relateable :D 

Still wishing they would have booked existing SI models to walk for the runway show. I always loved seeing SI models do Miami Swim Week after their appearance in the magazine. And when SI had a runway show with MTV I think, the pictures from that looked great (Josie, Marisa etc.)

If I were a professional male athlete, I would look for SI models to find a girlfriend.

If I were a famous actor, musician or the like, I would look for VS models to find a girlfriend.

If I were a successful nerdy producer or writer type, I would look for Playboy Playmates to find a girlfriend.

If I were a businessman or a politician, I would look for a fashion model with commercial appeal i.e. has a cosmetics contract, fragrance campaigns, face of a high fashion designer brand etc.

There are 20 casting calls posted on Swim Daily. Those are the ones who did not make it. Maybe they’ll post photoshoots of the 15 finalists after the runway show so that readers can vote for who they want to win?