Bellazon

Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition Challenge (2017) - RESULTS

PinkCouture

Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition Challenge (2017)

Here in alphabetical order are the 32 models & athletes featured in SISE 2017. Please let me know if I am missing anyone:

Spoiler

Alexa Ray Joel
Aly Raisman
Anne de Paula
Ashley Graham
Barbara Palvin
Bianca Balti
Bojana Krsmanovic
Caroline Wozniacki
Chrissy Teigen
Christy Brinkley
Danielle Herrington
Genie Bouchard
Hailey Clauson
Hannah Davis
Hannah Ferguson
Hunter McGrady
Kate Bock
Kate Upton
Kelly Gale
Lais Ribeiro
Lisa Marie Jaftha
McKenna Berkley
Mia Kang
Myla Dalbesio
Nina Agdal
Robin Lawley
Rose Bertram
Sailor Brinkley Cook
Samantha Hoopes
Serena Williams
Simone Biles
Vita Sidorkina

The competition will have 3 parts in which the phases/rounds will be based on....

PART I: BEST PHOTO OF THE YEAR

Pretty self-explanatory. Nominate any photos that was exceptional from this year's SISE. Please consider not just how the model looks but also the aesthetic of scenery & setting, and the "mood" of the photo. Depending on the nominations...

- I will accept up to 30 photos for this this part. 

- To start I will limit 5 photos per member. I might increase it after a days.

Part II: ALTERNATIVE COVER

For those of you who did not like this year's covers or thought a better photo should have been chosen, this part if for you! Nominate any photo you thought was iconic, extraordinary and cover-worthy. Things to consider in your nomination:

- How well would the image work as a SI cover (in some cases a fold-out cover)?

- How aesthetically pleasing is the image?

- How much mass appeal does the image have?

- Would the image persuade the average consumer to purchase the magazine?

- How good of a representation is the image of SI?

Depending on the nominations...

- I will accept up to 20 photos for this this part. 

- To start I will limit 3 photos per member. I might increase it after a few days.

PART III: MVP OF THE YEAR

Nominate the models/athletes who stood out and was phenomenal this year.  She looked fanatastic, her photos were stunning and she truly made the best out of the the scenery & setting given to her. 

- Select 4 photos to be put in a 500px (wide) x 600px (high) template. If you could put the photos in a template form that would be great, but if you can't no worries! Someone could do it for you (@lostdiadem & @peroxideblonde: mind helping me with this? :smile:)

- Horizontal photos are allowed but keep in mind they will most likely be cropped from the waist down.

- If you like, you could  also include a video up to 3 minutes long highlighting the model/athlete. It doesn't need to be a SI video but the video does need to be promoting SISE 2017

Depending on the nominations...

- I will accept up to 12 models/athletes this this part. 

- To start I will limit 3 nominations per member. I might increase it after a few days.

General Notes

- You don't need to nominate for all parts. If you want to nominate for just one part that is ok.

- Only the MVP part is templeted. For the other parts the photos should be submitted as is (preferably in thumbnail form) 

- The same image could be used for multiple Parts. Please indicate in your nomination the Part you are submitting for (Best Photo, Cover and/or MVP)

- If Best Photo and Cover ends up being the same winner, Cover takes precedent and the 2nd placed photo for Best Photo will be the winner for that part. 

- Please include the name of the model, and if possible the shoot location & photographer, along with your nomination.

- You may post your nominations in this thread or PM me.

- All photos must be uploaded onto a host. Si doesn't like us hotlinking from their ste.

In Addition To The Models & Athletes' Thread Here Are A Few Links That Might Be Helpful:

http://www.si.com/swimsuit/collection/2017
https://www.youtube.com/user/SIswimsuit
https://www.bellazon.com/main/topic/59906-2017-si-swimsuit/?do=findComment&comment=4253206
https://www.bellazon.com/main/topic/59906-2017-si-swimsuit/?page=249

:chicken: Nomination & Submission Deadline: Monday, February 27, 2017  :chicken: 

@Stormbringer @ILUVAdrianaLima @Sunshiine @Maggiemay @Syria @jkjk @Stromboli1 @Candylicious.

Just now, lostdiadem said:

Can Barbara be nominated for all of the sections?

Yes, the only section in which only one model/athlete could be nominated is MVP. The other sections are pretty much open---you could submit photos of the same model multiple times. Of course try to select photos with some variety :p 

Just now, PinkCouture said:

Yes, the only section in which only one model/athlete could be nominated is MVP. The other sections are pretty much open---you could submit photos of the same model multiple times. Of course try to select photos with some variety :p 

Ok, so to be clear: I have to create a temp with 4 pics + other individual pics for the other sections?

5 minutes ago, lostdiadem said:

Ok, so to be clear: I have to create a temp with 4 pics + other individual pics for the other sections?

Yes. Only the MVP part is templated. The other parts you just post the photo as is. I forgot to mention the photos must be uploaded onto a host b/c we recently got in trouble with SI for hotlinking from their site :/