Bellazon

Legion

Michael*

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
23 minutes ago, Michael* said:

I can't wait, although I've half a mind to watch S1 in its entirety again first, to make sure I can piece it all together. :laugh:

I am definitely watching S1 again to remember everything. There is so much going on in David's mind.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2018 at 8:42 PM, Michael* said:

I can't wait, although I've half a mind to watch S1 in its entirety again first, to make sure I can piece it all together. :laugh:

On 3/14/2018 at 9:07 PM, jkjk said:

I am definitely watching S1 again to remember everything. There is so much going on in David's mind.

Done, and it was worth it. There were definitely things I had forgotten. Now I'm really ready for S2.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

It would seem that S3 has found its Professor X in nasty old Viserys Targaryen, with Stephanie Corneliussen also on board as David’s mother, Gabrielle.

As a huge fan of the series, I'll be sad to see it go after just three seasons, but I'm confident that it'll end on an artistic high note.

• 4 months later...
On 6/30/2019 at 9:02 PM, jkjk said:

S3 is on. Only seven episodes left.

The opening segment of S3's first episode may have been the show's strangest scene yet. And considering the show, that's really saying something. :laugh:

Overall though, I'd say as an episode this was superior to most of S2. Surprisingly forthright in its structure and pacing, and seems to be playing a little fairer with its audience by giving up fun payoffs a bit faster, while still leaving room for future stuff.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/4/2019 at 7:35 PM, jkjk said:

S3E6 was quite odd (which is saying a lot when talking about this show) but fun.

Also, it had a Flight of the Conchords feel in the middle and that was fun.

Honestly, I thought episode six was a contender for the best they've ever done. If this is the last we see of them in the show, I'm happy Jean Smart and Jemaine Clement were given such a great showcase. Particularly Smart, since the material she had to work with in S2 perhaps wasn't always the best.

If it wasn't clear, odd didn't mean bad.  As for best/worst episodes, I don't have a strong opinion there.

I hope it's not the end of Jean and Jemaine, but that would makes sense with how they ended the episode.

It's too close to the end of the show.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/22/2019 at 2:15 AM, jkjk said:

I intentionally delayed watching the finale, but I eventually watched.

It's too bad the show is over.

In keeping with the show as a whole, I imagined the finale being a bit divisive, but I liked it as a conclusion and the narrative made it clear that what eventually transpired was David's absolute best case scenario, so I suppose you'd have to say it was a happy ending of sorts. Loved the Pink Floyd sequence too.