Bellazon

Franziska von Tschurtschenthaler (aka Cisco)
Thumbnail

Enrico_sw

• 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Cisco has been featured in an interview on the Welleco blog.

ME BEFORE 10AM: FRANZISKA VON TSCHURTSCHENTHALER

FRANZISKA VON TSCHURTSCHENTHALER IS THE BALI-BASED FOUNDER OF LUXURY RETREAT THE SLOW AND HOMEWARES BRAND CISCO AND THE SUN. HERE IS HER MORNING ROUTINE FOR MAINTAINING HER EFFORTLESS COOL-GIRL STYLE.

IN BED

How do you prepare for tomorrow the night before?
I make sure I stay hydrated with an alkaline herb tea during the night whilst I’m still nursing my son. I also take magnesium to soothe my muscles and remind myself about all the things I am grateful for every day. If I can’t sleep because my mind is too busy, I love to do a breathing method called 4-7-8, by Andrew Weil.

What do you wear to bed?
Nothing!

How do you dress your bed?
In linen sheets – blush is my favourite colour – and a Pony Rider bed throw.

What is on your nightstand?
I’ve finally managed to be quite minimal. I have a Love Stories eye mask, Moscot reading glasses, a big rose quartz, and an everyday oil that was just given to me by a friend from NYC.

Who do you sleep with?
My husband.

How many hours do you sleep?
I have a four-month-old, so that will answer that question!

What time do you wake up?
If we make it to 6.30am, it’s a celebration!

What is the first thing you do on waking?
At the moment, I nurse my baby boy followed by a cup of tea in my Cisco & The Sun ‘Santi’ mug, then a beach walk with my dogs and my son.

BODY

How do you work out?
I believe in daily movement. I love to move my body and feel strong in my skin. This could vary from taking my dogs and baby boy to the beach, Pilates Reformer class, Kundalini Yoga or a Vinyasa Flow Yoga class, some movement training… I love to change things up so I don’t get bored!

How often do you exercise?
Four times a week, but I walk daily.

How do you motivate yourself when you don’t feel like exercising?
I remember how good it makes me feel and what a luxury it is to actually have the time for self-care!

What is your first drink of the day and why?
I start my day with a warm water, lemon, freshly grated ginger and a dash of turmeric. It’s a gentle boost for my immune system and aids digestion. 

What is for breakfast and why?
Usually I have some sort of egg combination, like a veggie omelette or scramble with a slice of Cassava bread and some steamed spinach with lots of olive oil.

We have an amazing gluten-free baker here in Bali. I try to stay away from gluten as best I can and I love the protein from eggs, as it keeps me energised for the morning, especially while I breastfeed and exercise. I have breakfast on our beautiful plates from our new range of Cisco & The Sun. It makes me happy to eat from something that I have poured my heart into.

FACE

What is your AM beauty routine?
I believe in natural, non-toxic products. I brush my teeth with Lavera toothpaste and for my skin, I use the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence followed by Dr Spiller Collagen Aqua Plus Facial Moisturiser mixed with a dash of Mesoestetic Sun Protection SPF 50+. 

Before I leave the house, I always apply a layer of Jane Iredale Mineral Powder. I find that it doesn’t block my pores and has an SPF of 20+. Living in Bali and loving surfing and walking, I get exposed to a lot of sun!

What are your go-to beauty products? 
I love Egyptian Magic Balm, vedic-inspired perfume oils by The Ayu, everyday oil, Dr Spiller Collagen Plus Facial Moisturiser and Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel Face Wash.

What makeup products do you prefer? 
RMS is my go-to brand because it is natural, and I love their balanced colour palette.

What is your standby routine for awakening a tired face?
Jumping in my pool!

WORK

What is the first thing you do?
I check for any important emails and touch base with our distributors in Australia and Europe.

What is top of your to-do list?
To begin launching my brand into the wholesale market and online! We are so excited to expand and I’m proud of the growth from our store at The Slow to the international market.

What is your 10am pick-me-up for energy?
That would be a Lady Grey tea with a dash of foamed hot milk and a little bit of ginger coconut sugar. 

https://www.welleco.com.au/blogs/news/me-before-10am-franziska-von-tschurtschenthaler

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...