Bellazon

Londone Myers
Thumbnail

Sunshiine

PHOTOS: CHRISTIAN BRYLLE

"Have you ever seen Stranger Things?" writes model Londone Myers when we send her our questionnaire. "That show you keep telling yourself you'll watch after work because other people LOVE it, but you never get to it...I am the upside down faced emoji of fashion."

Born and raised in Georgia, Londone Myers is not your average model. Before making her runway debut at the SS 2016 Yeezy show and walking as an exclusive at Saint Laurent, for example, Myers assisted an autopsy technician. One year into her modeling career, she's already on her way to the top—thus far, she's starred in campaigns for Gap, Prada, and Topshop, and covered Wonderland magazine. 

THE PERSON I ADMIRE THE MOST:
Anyone who shows general interest in something nerdy that I mistakenly let slip because I was thinking about something else while talking. 

Anyone who watches anime and proudly admits it—surprisingly hard to find people who do these days.

QUESTIONS I CAN'T ANSWER: 
Everything on this list. Thank god for my ghostwriter. LOL. 

MY GREATEST ADVENTURE:
My greatest adventure would probably be my adventures as an undertaker—only because my agent hates it when I tell that story.

EVENTS I WISH I'D WITNESSED: 
I wish I could have seen the other models drained, irritated faces when they saw how long this list was.

THINGS I'D LIKE TO IMPROVE ABOUT MYSELF: 
Hmm. I'd have a better answer once everyone else improves themselves. How about we start with Uber drivers who leave after negative five nano seconds?

GAMES I PLAY:
Wow, I never expected to see this question here. Far Cry Primal, anyone? 

MY GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT:
I started making dolls because I told myself I could.

MY GREATEST VICE: 
I've been waiting my entire life to answer this particular question for an interview. My vice used to be staring at people while they're eating in the food court, now it's holding open doors for people who are literally a football field away from me. 

MY IDEA OF HAPPINESS: 
Finding someone who actually wants to grab coffee after they offer. 

ONE LAST FAVOR I'D LIKE TO ASK:
By now whoever is editing this is probably realizing that I am completely insane. Whomever this reaches, please send help. 

QppZm2S2.jpg yVN5DDzv.jpg

source: interviewmagazine

WATCH THIS FACE: LONDONE MYERS

Ph. Lena Melnik

Every week, Bazaar's booking team highlights one name to note, from the industry's best-known faces to girls who are just starting out. This week, we turn our attention to Londone Myers.

With a gamine look and a confident runway reputation, the US rising star has proved herself to be a versatile commodity, garnering impressive shows in every city. Making waves on the runway for brands including Chanel, Chloé, Marc Jacobs, Alexander Wang and Saint Laurent, Myers ranks among the most interesting new models on the scene — and her enviably cool personality makes her appealing both on and off the runway.

As skilled and at ease in front of the camera as she is on the catwalk, the 22-year-old has racked up an impressive portfolio of work with top photographers including Steven Meisel and Willy Vanderperre, landing campaigns from Prada to Gap.

"Londone, with her refined features, cropped hair and warm skin tone is absolutely the look of the moment – and whether we're admiring her quirky artworks (check out her amazing dolls) or scrolling through her cute Instagram, we love working with her," says Daniel Robson of Premier Model Management.

"She's the kind of new exciting model who gets casting directors, designers and photographers excited and it seems that the industry can't get enough – so I guess it's right what they say: when a man is tired of Londone, he's tired of life!"

We chat to Myers about crafting, working as an undertaker and robbing a bank. 

How were you discovered?

"I was discovered by my mother agency while I was shopping in an art store in Paris."

If you weren't modelling, what career would you pursue and why?

"If I wasn't modelling, I imagine I would be working behind the scenes on some horror flick. Either that or a full-time undertaker."

What would you say has been the highlight of your career so far?

"My biggest highlight has been seeing myself in stores around Soho in New York."

How do you spend your free time?

"Whenever I'm off duty I'm usually crafting something, I like to sculpt and paint little dolls out of clay."

Do you have any travel tips for those visiting your hometown?

"If you visit my hometown, Lawrenceville, remember to appreciate the mall of Georgia. It's all we had to stay sane!"

What is your favourite form of exercise?

"My absolute favourite workout would be thinking about going to the gym. It's really mentally draining to even imagine myself on some strict regime."

What is your dream shoot?

"My dream shoot would be robbing a bank because everyone would think I was just shooting. I would love to shoot with Mario Sorrenti. He reminds me of Austin Powers and it gives me the excuse to use the accent."

Name your four essential items you wouldn't leave the house without

"Pants, boots, socks and a dry sense of humour."

If you had to wear only one designer, who would it be?

"If I had to wear one designer, I'd only wear Rodarte because it sounds fancy when you name what you're wearing."

What kind of advice would you give to new girls to the industry?

"My advice would be to learn to hold a conversation with people that isn't about how you're afraid to turn 22. It's a trait that many people lack. Also, stay in school."

Is there a model's career that you admire and why?

"I learned to not worship other models' careers. Stay in school and focus on what you're doing."

Let's talk about favourites. What about…

… music? "Anything that isn't on the radio right now, anything before 2002 is good."

… movies? "Birdman or Synecdoche, New York."

… books? "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo."

… food? "Anything that hasn't fallen on the floor beforehand."

opcfbnlN.jpg ZySQVV02.jpg 054QoVQr.jpg jUrP4eZk.jpg RnXIcQ0c.jpg qtrBmy0Y.jpg

source: harperbazaar.co.uk