Bellazon

A Shooting at a Montreal college

Rogue

thanks.

what actually perplexes me ... his guns were legally bought, he had no criminal record and at the age of 25 ... even if he was made fun of, it's been several years .. he could have gotten over it. His profile is still up on the site dispite what the news said about how it was taken off, it was only suspended but kept up for the cops to read everything .. regular users can still see it. I have a friend who was already a member there and they told me.

That's what always bugged me about Columbine. They were on their way out of that high school. They could have gone to college and made something of their life, had they realized that high school isn't the be all, end all of life. This guy is even worse, he should have made something of his life by now, regardless of his status in HS/college. Instead he spent his time feeding his self-pity untill it turned into rage and bloodlust. :(

I'm sorry Sahara... It's sad, I think everyone has at least in one point of their life heard and had to deal with someone they know or someone in their community that has commited suicide.

there are pictures from inside the school now.. they started painting and plastering over areads that were shot at. The chair of my program is being interviewed... :|

I can't believe it has been a week.

Anyways, many of us have writen our feelings on panel thingies that will be hung in the school permanently ... most of the things writen were nice. There are lines and lines of flowers close to the enterance of the school for the memory of Anastasia De Sousa and the victims along with the entire event in itself.

http://www.anastasiadesousa.org/

It feels as though things are coming around slowly back to normal, but not completely, I suppose that will never change.

• 2 years later...
Canada is relatively safe. But you aren't 100% safe from this kind of violence anywhere.

Such acts of senseless violence always deeply disturb me. :/

The guy who did it looks like a total loser as well. He spent his time posing for pictures holding all sorts of weapons, and fantasizing about murder and bloodshed. :(

of course there is a sens of all these things... it's every logic!

When I read the first message I thought “this guy had suicidal tendencies” !

the problem of this kind of people is their obsession for the death. That’s the rule. They want to die. the biggest part of them want to die because they have a “personal” problem... they are divorced, someone close to them is dead, they are ruined... but for few persons, the society is guilty because they have the feeling to be rejected and nothing could change it.

I saw Kimveer’s biography on the links and there are two things I can notice.

The first is his hate against the society. That’s why he killed this girl in a school. This was a logic issue.

He hated conformism, "sheep" and for him, school was a “sheep factory”. It’s the place where people become a machine without personality... where you make important choices for your life and it was something normal for him to “kill” the problem at the source...

When he said something like “life is a video game” he criticized the society's virtuality and he said it on internet. a virtual place... because "now" everything is virtual (not exactely my opinion, because for me an email can be as realistic than a letter. before in the past people waited days, maybe week before received new from their family and now, we lost the ink and peper but the news are directly here) and for some people this is the only way to existed, to show their real personality (i don't talk about lifestyle), to have friends, to have fun, to be somebody...

And he was sad of this irony . the only place where people could be themselves/where he could be himself was a virtual place as internet.

School is a very symbolic place when somebody would like to “protest” against the society’s education/civilization. This is a place where we take care of the past and where people build their future.

the second thing was his family. they came from Punjabian.

the Punjabian is a region between India and Pakistan, it's a place where the honor crimes are very “important” and where the killer is not considerate as a killer or he spend just few weeks/months in prison.

and the problem come from the influences because every country has different laws about their crimes and their punishment (in united states they are not able to be agree with themselves on the dead sentence) and this is the big problem because immigrants keep influence of their original country. Sometimes it’s food, sometimes it’s clothes sometimes it’s the “justice”

an example. there are few months at school I studied Pedro Lopez’s life. He is a famous Columbian serial killer. He had killed 350 little girls (between 7 years old at 13 years old) in 2 years.

He raped them, he tortured them, he mutilated them, sometimes they stayed in the room where there were the kids cadavers.. really sweet

he was arrested in 1980... and 53 murder was proved but in 1998, after 18 years in prison he was free. He said he would kill again and he did... in 2002 he was arrested for murders.

the problem come from the countries’ laws. When you live in a country where the honor crime is not punished, when you live in a country where you can kill/torture/rape “53” little girls and stay 18 years in prison it’s hard to put limits and it’s hard to have real perception of the good and the bad when you move in a new country. sometimes you don’t understand their laws and you’re not agree with them. You haven’t the same "limits"

I think all the countries should have the same punishments about murder and rape but unfortunately this is not possible...

even if he spent his life in Canada, people said his family never talked with neighbours, they were very "closed“

so I think, at home they didn’t talk French, i think the biggest part of time they eaten Indian food, they drank Indian tea, etc... so their culture was very present and that’s why they didn’t communicate with their neighbourhood. They were isolate and he was isolate...

Unfortunately, I think I need more than a biography and 2 pictures of his face to discover 25 years of private conversation with his family. I’m a good psychologist... but I’m not so good!

and I come back at Kimveer’s paranoia against the police.

Psychologist talked about him as somebody with a paranoiac personality, an obsession against the police and it could explain a part of his troubles... I think his paranoia was normal in his situation.

He was like a girl in love of a boy who spends her times to ask at her friends “does he looks at me ?” “do you think he loves me ?” “do you think he knows I love him ?” etc etc etc...

I think he planned this attack since few months, maybe few years... (I think that’s few years) because make an attack in a school is not sometimes spontaneous! so he was alone in his world and when he thought "do they look at me ?" nobody was there to answer him...

he hated so much the society, he wanted to be different, and because he wanted to be different he didn’t want to have a normal dead. maybe he stayed trapped in a periode of his life where there was future, where everything were negative and he left obligated to die because there wasn't a n happy endding and that's why he wanted to be different in his way to die... that’s why he did this school attack.

He wanted to die but he wanted to change the society and a school was the best place... the past and the future... the place where everybody could remember this attack.

It will be ironic to hate the society and have the same death than normal people! a classic death for classic people!

anyway, he considered him as somebody different, superior... so he couldn’t die in the shadow. He wanted something special!

and when he wrote on internet he wanted to die under the bullets or he wanted a death like Romeo and Juliette he meant "I would like to control my death and have an objective... my death should be the result of a special event... it should be a drama”

The first, the bullets : Killed somebody to bring the peace, the protection, stop the danger, have a control on a situation and the “cadaver” is a martyr.

when he talked about the American kid killed by policemen because he had a plastic gun between the hands it was an evident clue of his attack.

he considered this kid as a martyr too... a martyr killed by the society because he had a platic gun...

So we can understand his paranoia when we know he had 3 guns...

The second, Romeo. Suicide for love, the purity : find love and to be a martyr too.

I notice he was fascinate by the 09/11 attack too : a violent and wanted death with a objective and "martyrs" ( I talk about the terrorists of course but I can include the victims as martyrs too)

He wanted to be a martyr.

he wanted people think "if nobody will come at his funeral it won’t because he was an uninteresting person, he was unknown, but because he was a killer and he was hated. "

he wanted to change people vision, show how much they had wrong because they never paid attention at him. he didn’t take care to be considerate like a killer because it’s better to be a killer than to be a sheep... and this is not a crime to kill a sheep! be considerate like a killer by sheep is not so important… as the human was inferior to him... as he was an human evolution and in same time he didn’t have the same vision than normal, basic humans.

I think I need to stop to develop on his personality because there is not end XD and I’m not at school and I don’t need to write 30 or 50 pages about his psychology... XD