Bellazon

A Shooting at a Montreal college

Rogue

Canada is relatively safe. But you aren't 100% safe from this kind of violence anywhere.

Such acts of senseless violence always deeply disturb me. :/

The guy who did it looks like a total loser as well. He spent his time posing for pictures holding all sorts of weapons, and fantasizing about murder and bloodshed. :(

The thing is non of us suspected this would happen. I just thought about sharing this because one of the only ways to console is through communication. I've been collecting the cell videos and news clippings of the story on youtube because I still can't believe this happened in our Cegep. I never imagined something like this would happen in our Cegep, but I knew there had perviously been a shooting like this at another school in Quebec in 1989. I'm not scared to go back to school, but the area of the school where it happened use to be the place to be, we all hang out there and it will never be the same.

I'm a second year student at Dawson College in the Accounting Program.

My friend and I were in the area across from the caf. We saw people running and thought that there was a fist fight or that students were just eing silly until we heard gun shoots at 12:45. We didn't think they were gun shots at frist, maybe a kid was playing a stupid joke with firecrackers was the first thought that came to ind. Naturally, we thought this because most of us would never suspect that this would happen to us and we've never heard such noises before.

Thankfully, we ran to the lab area before the shooter entered the caf a few moments later and the class we were in was evacuated about 20 minutes later.

From the room we were in, we could barely hear anything behind closed doors and as you can imagine, non of us had the slightest idea that people were being shot while we were in there.

By the time they had let us out, I supose the police had already killed the shooter but they still suspected that there might be more than one and so non of us were completely relieved after leaving the building.

Many other students had it worse than us apart from the 20 who were shot, there are a lot of stories from the students who saw the shooting outside and others saw the shooting inside... I'm thankful that I didn't see enough to be completely traumatized.

My friend and I were really lucky. I never dreamed that something like this would happen in my school. Canada is a safe place.. and this actualyl could have happened any where. The scary thing is that no one really actually knew what was really going on until they got out of the school or saw the news.

Wow, I'm glad you are allright! A situation like this is just too insane for words. Maybe it was for the best you didn't realize what was happening, I can imagine that the whole experience would have been much more stressfull and traumatizing had you been in the classroom and fully aware of what was going on. :(

I can imagine it will be hard for you and the other students to go back and not be reminded of what happened...

Wow, I didnt know it was actually in your school. :shock: As soon as I heard about this story I thought of you since youre the only person I know that lives in Montreal. In one of my classes we were talking about the story today in school, and we all wondered who was the guy? Was he even a student or former student?

What happened is horrible :/ We kept on talking about it at school today...most of the my friends knew people that went there and some of their friends got shot :/

One of my best friend's cousin was there at the caf and the guy shot a girl that was sitting at his table :| Anyway, i'm glad nothing happened to you Rogue :).

there are videos taken by student cells .. I guess I could pm some in anyone is interested. I wouldn't post them because it's actually very scary and it's a sensitive topic, but they are not too too graphic. Everyone deals with these kind of things differently ad the way I've been dealing with it is getting as much information as I can, try to put the pieces together and trying to figure out what was happening and how.

I've never watched the news so much in my life, it feels wrong to watch anything else at this point. I can't believe I might go back on Monday, if it's open. I mean, there's no reason to be afraid, it can happen anywhere and there is no reason to live in fear. I guess you just have to count your blessing and move on.

wow this is unbelievable..isn't it wied how life gives you such close claas sometimes? i'm really glad you're ok rogue.this whole thing is very disturbing and senseless. so the shooter was killed, right? as horrible as it might sound i think that's waht he deserved. there is absolutly no excuse and no reason for what he did..

On the news today it was said that one of the shooters bullets was found to have been the cause of his death dispite speculation after the shooting which suggested that the police had killed him. He shot himself in the head after the police shot his arm, a true coward. I don't feel as angry as some of my classmates because you have to have some compassion towards some who was probably a normal person with abnormal mental issues, the cause of his lashing out. But when there is a shooting, especially a school shooting, there is no better end than for the police to take the suspect out or for the suspect to take themselves out.. for the safety of everyone else and to avoid any more violence.

We're going back to school on Tuesday. Thanks for the support, everyone has been great. I really hope everyone in the hospital comes out fine.

Everytime I see a pic of a victim I try to imagine their lives and wonder what did they do for losing it. This girl didn't do anything, just was on the wrong place on the wrong time. That's so sad, ending your life by the hands of a psychopatic killer.

Anyway, I'm glad that you're alright, Rogue :hug:

thanks.

what actually perplexes me ... his guns were legally bought, he had no criminal record and at the age of 25 ... even if he was made fun of, it's been several years .. he could have gotten over it. His profile is still up on the site dispite what the news said about how it was taken off, it was only suspended but kept up for the cops to read everything .. regular users can still see it. I have a friend who was already a member there and they told me.