Bellazon

The Smiths
Thumbnail

Bouazizi

smithsry8.jpg

Aaaah The Smiths. An English group from 82-87 forming of Andy Rourke, Morrissey, Johnny Marr, Mike Joyce.

And in my opinion, the greatest band EVER!

Every song is a blend of lyric-poetry, the instrumentals are genius, matching the words perfectly at times, and forming a perfect contrast at others.

The song "Heaven knows i'm miserable now" is my favourite song of all time.

What does everybody else think of the band, the songs, the people, the legacy?

:fun:

Morrissey..love of my life! :heart:

I hadn't been to a Smiths concert(my age,you know!) but i was at Morrissey concert in Istanbul on 10 June and it was the best concert i've ever been.His presence on the stage,his voice,lyrics..just amazing.

my fav The Smiths song is ''There's a light that never goes out''.

and fav Morrissey song:''Lifeguard sleeping girl drowning''.

:o :heart:

tinky, marry me! :flower: :wub: :D

Morrissey is like, my #1 musical idol...everything about his music is just fantastic! Same with me, I didn't live through the mid-80s to witness the Smiths taking the UK by storm, or seeing them in concert.

I had a chance to see Morrissey himself at a venue not too far from my house, but tickets sold out SO quick, I missed out! :cry:

When he was in Istanbul, was that for the "Rock 'n' Coke" show? I've always wanted to be in Istanbul at the right time to see that. :D

Ah, I love that song too! It's my second or third favourite of mine, along with "Bigmouth Strikes Again".

It's so refreshing to see another big time Smiths/Morrissey fan here.

tinky forever! :D :hug:

:o :heart:

tinky, marry me! :flower: :wub: :D

Morrissey is like, my #1 musical idol...everything about his music is just fantastic! Same with me, I didn't live through the mid-80s to witness the Smiths taking the UK by storm, or seeing them in concert.

I had a chance to see Morrissey himself at a venue not too far from my house, but tickets sold out SO quick, I missed out! :cry:

When he was in Istanbul, was that for the "Rock 'n' Coke" show? I've always wanted to be in Istanbul at the right time to see that. :D

Ah, I love that song too! It's my second or third favourite of mine, along with "Bigmouth Strikes Again".

It's so refreshing to see another big time Smiths/Morrissey fan here.

tinky forever! :D :hug:

:p

nope,it wasn't rock'n coke..it was efes pilsen one love festival :)

my fav The Smiths song is ''There's a light that never goes out''.

That's everyone's favorite. :p

no pb :p

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I should.......... kill myself !!!!

I'm Moz/The Smiths fan number one and I've been missing this thread ???? :o

I love the lyrics of each and every song they've made. I think "Shoplifters of the world unite" is my favourite song ever :heart: . And "This Charming Man"....... I love that video ! :p

Moz..... love of my life !! :wub:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread deserves a bump. :cool: I love the lyrics. My favorite song is "that joke isn't funny anymore".

Bouazizi, tell us all about the party. :D

Re-bump'd. :whistle:

Haha, seems like a long time ago now, but the party went well! Apparently I was quite a convincing lookalike. :gocho: ...except to those who kept saying, "Who's Morrissey?"

I think I prefer people who hate him to people who don't know him. <_< Anyway! I had the glasses, the open shirt, the medalion type things....the only thing(s) I was missing were the flowers. :(