Lily Donaldson (Paris)

Liya Kebede (UK)

Malgosia Bela (US)
Mica Arganaraz (US) 

Natasha Poly (UK)
Stella Tennant (Paris)

• 2 months later...
On 6/23/2020 at 12:24 PM, flower80 said:

She stopped wearing navel piercings after her first pregnancy, like Adriana. Last time I saw her with one was during the 2007 VSFS in Miami.

I guess her belly button became a bit "outie" and stretched out, as a result of the pregnancy, and was not as perfectly " shaped" as before, and so she decided to stop wearing one.

But I totally agree with you: it looked really beautiful on her super flat and firm stomach. If I remember correctly, she was one of the first (if not the first) VS models who started wearing one.

I always hoped that Candice (who has a nipple piercing) would start wearing a navel piercing as well, considering how perfect her stomach was (it still is btw haha).

Now, of course, there are other reasons that explain why Ale and other models tend to avoid wearing them. For instance, there are some photographers or modelling agencies that don't like seing navel rings or piercings on their models, and tend to photoshop them out after shooting sessions (It happened a lot to non VS models like Johanna Lundback and Diana Morales).

To be honest, I don't know why they get rid of them. Belly piercings are powerful symbols in other countries and cultures (like in Indian for instance, where they symbolize fertility and femininity).

Sorry for this long post, looks like this discussion about belly piercings inspired me a lot (probably because I'm half-Indian haha).

I might have found evidence of her wearing it as late as 2015 ... in this photo shoot for Ocean Drive, she is wearing her navel piercing on page 214 (published 2015). But, there's something odd about the photo, she looks younger and has longer, less wavy hair than in other pictures from the same photo shoot. So I'm not really convinced that it's from that same photo shoot, even if it was published together with it. Still, I hold out hope that she wants to keep showing off her navel piercing!

05259112_5_123_678lo.jpg

47 minutes ago, Basal_ganglia said:

I might have found evidence of her wearing it as late as 2015 ... in this photo shoot for Ocean Drive, she is wearing her navel piercing on page 214 (published 2015). But, there's something odd about the photo, she looks younger and has longer, less wavy hair than in other pictures from the same photo shoot. So I'm not really convinced that it's from that same photo shoot, even if it was published together with it. Still, I hold out hope that she wants to keep showing off her navel piercing!

That picture is older.

Probably from before 2010. I'm thinking maybe around 2006-2009.

It's definitely not from that photo shoot.

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...