Bellazon

General Discussion

Guest Anonymous

I don't follow much of the business side of what Ale does, but I assume with her company that the income of owning boutique swimwear brand vs modelling is vastly different and affords her to spend more time with family instead of the hustle and bustle of travelling a bunch for runway and other fashion shoots, thus likely wanting to be more present for her family especially her children growing up (Anja is 11 and Noah is 7 already). I'd guess the demand for a 38 year old fashion model and the rates she's used to charging have changed drastically over past several years. And she likely does shoots when she wants to vs looking for steady work.

Not to mention I'm pretty sure her boyfriend Nicolo Oddi (co-founder of Alanui) is super loaded and got even more money last year, (Farfetch (online luxury boutique retail) bought New Guards Group (Umbrella Company of Alanui) for $675 Million -given Alanui is 1 of 8 companies of the group, guessing in an even split Alanui making roughly $84M from the deal- last August), thus providing her with the luxury of not keeping modelling at the highest priority on her list. But I'm just kind of stating my observations so who really knows.

There's definitely no need for her to push herself in modeling since she already has established business but of course as a fan of her modelling work, I'd still want to see her join the pack in the industry. I'm also scared that maybe in few years she no longer much hold in the industry. 

Maybe she would shift to being an actress.

I wonder which is her new agency. 

• 4 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 8:43 PM, Basal_ganglia said:

Does Alessandra ever still wear a belly ring? I think her pierced belly was one of her hottest features circa early 2000s, but I never see her with a belly ring anymore 🙁

She stopped wearing navel piercings after her first pregnancy, like Adriana. Last time I saw her with one was during the 2007 VSFS in Miami.

I guess her belly button became a bit "outie" and stretched out, as a result of the pregnancy, and was not as perfectly " shaped" as before, and so she decided to stop wearing one.

But I totally agree with you: it looked really beautiful on her super flat and firm stomach. If I remember correctly, she was one of the first (if not the first) VS models who started wearing one.

I always hoped that Candice (who has a nipple piercing) would start wearing a navel piercing as well, considering how perfect her stomach was (it still is btw haha).

Now, of course, there are other reasons that explain why Ale and other models tend to avoid wearing them. For instance, there are some photographers or modelling agencies that don't like seing navel rings or piercings on their models, and tend to photoshop them out after shooting sessions (It happened a lot to non VS models like Johanna Lundback and Diana Morales).

To be honest, I don't know why they get rid of them. Belly piercings are powerful symbols in other countries and cultures (like in Indian for instance, where they symbolize fertility and femininity).

Sorry for this long post, looks like this discussion about belly piercings inspired me a lot (probably because I'm half-Indian haha).

On 6/23/2020 at 12:24 PM, flower80 said:

She stopped wearing navel piercings after her first pregnancy, like Adriana. Last time I saw her with one was during the 2007 VSFS in Miami.

I guess her belly button became a bit "outie" and stretched out, as a result of the pregnancy, and was not as perfectly " shaped" as before, and so she decided to stop wearing one.

But I totally agree with you: it looked really beautiful on her super flat and firm stomach. If I remember correctly, she was one of the first (if not the first) VS models who started wearing one.

I always hoped that Candice (who has a nipple piercing) would start wearing a navel piercing as well, considering how perfect her stomach was (it still is btw haha).

Now, of course, there are other reasons that explain why Ale and other models tend to avoid wearing them. For instance, there are some photographers or modelling agencies that don't like seing navel rings or piercings on their models, and tend to photoshop them out after shooting sessions (It happened a lot to non VS models like Johanna Lundback and Diana Morales).

To be honest, I don't know why they get rid of them. Belly piercings are powerful symbols in other countries and cultures (like in Indian for instance, where they symbolize fertility and femininity).

Sorry for this long post, looks like this discussion about belly piercings inspired me a lot (probably because I'm half-Indian haha).

No need to apologize, and thank you for your long, thoughtful post, that was exactly the sort of answer I was looking for (well, except that I was hoping she still wore it from time to time 😩). Such a shame that she hasn't worn it in nearly 13 years. I can see the "outie" that she now has in some of her ultra high res photos from the 2014 VSFS. Are you saying she stopped wearing it to draw less attention to her navel, or because the new shape of he belly button wouldn't let a belly ring go through? My take is that her belly button is still totally hot. I'm not sure what it looked like pre-pregnancy, most older pics from back then aren't super high resolution 🤣

Lots of VS models are outies of varying degrees, like Doutzen, Karlie, and of course Izabel. And I think they all have nice bellies. But Alessandra's is the best, in my opinion. Early 2000s, she always wore that belly piercing. She knew how great it looked. Do any of the current VS models even have a belly piercing? I think not, which is sad. It's become so out of style.

Oh, and I totally agree with you. Candice would look amazing with a pierced belly button! That's really cool that you see belly piercings that way. To me, they definitely ooze sex appeal in a nice, subtle way.

On 6/25/2020 at 4:03 AM, Basal_ganglia said:

No need to apologize, and thank you for your long, thoughtful post, that was exactly the sort of answer I was looking for (well, except that I was hoping she still wore it from time to time 😩). Such a shame that she hasn't worn it in nearly 13 years. I can see the "outie" that she now has in some of her ultra high res photos from the 2014 VSFS. Are you saying she stopped wearing it to draw less attention to her navel, or because the new shape of he belly button wouldn't let a belly ring go through? My take is that her belly button is still totally hot. I'm not sure what it looked like pre-pregnancy, most older pics from back then aren't super high resolution 🤣

Lots of VS models are outies of varying degrees, like Doutzen, Karlie, and of course Izabel. And I think they all have nice bellies. But Alessandra's is the best, in my opinion. Early 2000s, she always wore that belly piercing. She knew how great it looked. Do any of the current VS models even have a belly piercing? I think not, which is sad. It's become so out of style.

Oh, and I totally agree with you. Candice would look amazing with a pierced belly button! That's really cool that you see belly piercings that way. To me, they definitely ooze sex appeal in a nice, subtle way.

Are you saying she stopped wearing it to draw less attention to her navel, or because the new shape of he belly button wouldn't let a belly ring go through?

Well, I think it was a combination of both that led her to stop wearing a belly piercing. 

Now of course, as you said, there is nothing wrong with outie navels and, imo, they are super cute.
Concerning your question: I don't have any example in mind right now of other current VS or non vs models with belly piercings. 
As you said, the use of navel piercings by models has somehow become out of fashion. But I'm confident they will reuse them someday. It's kind of "cyclical" you know. Tomorrow, for instance, one or two models, let's say Daniela Lopez Osorio or Robin Holzken (two of my favorite models, with perfect stomachs), or even Candice who knows, might decide to get one and a couple of weeks or months later we would see piercings flowering (don't know if this is the appropriate term lol) on many model's bellies. 

To convice ourselves, we can just think about how it all started in the early 2000s. 

11 hours ago, flower80 said:

Well, I think it was a combination of both that led her to stop wearing a belly piercing. 

Now of course, as you said, there is nothing wrong with outie navels and, imo, they are super cute.
Concerning your question: I don't have any example in mind right now of other current VS or non vs models with belly piercings. 
As you said, the use of navel piercings by models has somehow become out of fashion. But I'm confident they will reuse them someday. It's kind of "cyclical" you know. Tomorrow, for instance, one or two models, let's say Daniela Lopez Osorio or Robin Holzken (two of my favorite models, with perfect stomachs), or even Candice who knows, might decide to get one and a couple of weeks or months later we would see piercings flowering (don't know if this is the appropriate term lol) on many model's bellies. 

To convice ourselves, we can just think about how it all started in the early 2000s. 

Oh wow, I think Daniela Lopez would look beautiful with a belly piercing. I hope she does it! I also think Kelly Gale would look amazing with one. But unfortunately, it seems like they don't start with one, models don't get new piercings mid-career?

How about Adriana, does she ever still wear hers? Or did she stop for the same reason as Alessandra? Now that I try to start looking, I can barely find another VS models with belly piercings besides Alessandra and Adriana. Ana Beatriz Barros has one (but mostly just wears a  ring in really old pictures), and I think I saw a pic of Camila Morrone with one once, but I can't find it again ... Oddly enough, Rachel Hilbert clearly has a belly piercing as you can see if you zoom into her ultra high res pictures, but I cannot find any pictures of her with a belly ring ..?! 🙁

The best pictures I could find of Alessandra's belly button from 2006 here and here seem to show a tiny bit of flesh toward the inner top pre-pregnancy, but she seems to have been more solidly a innie back then. Well, I think hers was and still is amazing both before and after. I've heard it said that belly buttons look sexual because they are vaguely shaped like vaginas. I think in Alessandra's case, maybe that tiny "outie" bit at the top looks a bit like a clit and maybe adds to the effect.

I really hope Alessandra can wear a belly ring again one day, and I also miss her painting her toes. I mean, back in the day she looked so hot with red toenails. Does she ever do this anymore?

2 hours ago, Basal_ganglia said:

Oh wow, I think Daniela Lopez would look beautiful with a belly piercing. I hope she does it! I also think Kelly Gale would look amazing with one. But unfortunately, it seems like they don't start with one, models don't get new piercings mid-career?

How about Adriana, does she ever still wear hers? Or did she stop for the same reason as Alessandra? Now that I try to start looking, I can barely find another VS models with belly piercings besides Alessandra and Adriana. Ana Beatriz Barros has one (but mostly just wears a  ring in really old pictures), and I think I saw a pic of Camila Morrone with one once, but I can't find it again ... Oddly enough, Rachel Hilbert clearly has a belly piercing as you can see if you zoom into her ultra high res pictures, but I cannot find any pictures of her with a belly ring ..?! 🙁

The best pictures I could find of Alessandra's belly button from 2006 here and here seem to show a tiny bit of flesh toward the inner top pre-pregnancy, but she seems to have been more solidly a innie back then. Well, I think hers was and still is amazing both before and after. I've heard it said that belly buttons look sexual because they are vaguely shaped like vaginas. I think in Alessandra's case, maybe that tiny "outie" bit at the top looks a bit like a clit and maybe adds to the effect.

I really hope Alessandra can wear a belly ring again one day, and I also miss her painting her toes. I mean, back in the day she looked so hot with red toenails. Does she ever do this anymore?

I see with have roughly the same tastes in models haha. Daniela has something particular that I really appreciate: she has an "exotic" look and she is both funny and sexy. Typically the girl that I could see with a belly piercing considering her South American Native/Inca origins and the popularity of piercings (one must not forget tattoos) in this culture.

But I will stop talking about Daniela and other models in this thread coz it's Ale's and the modos won't probably like it haha.

To respond to your question regarding Adriana: she hasn't used one since her first pregnancy in 2009 (at least not to my knowledge). As you said, probably for the same reasons as Alessandra.

That's true: women navels are quite "erotic" and like I said earlier, that's the reason why in many non-Western cultures women decide to pierce them (often during their teenage years) in order to affirm their femininity and show that they are fertile (particularly in India)

As for Ale's toenail colors: she often changes and does not only use red. Looks like she has a preference for the white color now (she also often wear black), which looks great as well, as you can see in this picture taken in 2018.

iu.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/21/2004 at 2:52 AM, Guest said:

Welcome to Alessandra Ambrosio's General Discussion thread.

This is where you talk about Alessandra in general, including unverified gossip. Don't post news or fan-related items in this thread.

Please try not to post an image in this thread unless you feel it is necessary to make or prove a point.

the pic i have where she has a guitar and she's slouching. u made it for me today actually.

• 3 weeks later...

Help please.

I lost a photo of Ale and can't find it anywhere on the web.

It is kind of similar to this one (attached below), but she is facing the other way (towards the left) and had some sort of tight-fitting t-shirt that came half-way down... not giving you a whole lot, I know. Sorry. I think it may have been VS Pink or some sleepwear of some sort.

13.jpg

Just now, Stockboy said:

YES! THANK YOU!!!!

I'm glad I could help!

Now, if anyone has high-res (or at least higher res) versions of these pics of Alessandra eating a popsicle, I'd be very grateful. She posted this on Instagram a few months ago. Either they are previously unpublished images from the VS archives, or ones that I don't remember ever seeing before.

685435636_ScreenShot2020-08-03at1_44_05PM.png.568bef8ea43fa5ddee5a1e2ff108033e.png

I'm wondering if I might call on the aid of my fellow Alessandra fans to help me track down a particular photo.

The photo is of Alessandra (duh) and she from what I can remember is laying down hold one of her Ale by Alessandra hats and it shows the inside of the hat with her name in it.

Sorry for the vague description, but that's all I can really remember about it. I think I saw it once on Instagram somewhere, but I've never seen it again and I really liked that photo.