Bellazon

Alien: Covenant

Stromboli1

I hate how every crew in Alien movie has to be a collection of dumbest people alive.

"Hey we're on a new planet, let's not wear helmets there's no way there are some kind of viruses right?!"

"Oh look an alien egg! I must stick my head closer to it!"

sigh

Although I find Neill Blomkamp a bit overrated, this latest trailer really makes me wish we were watching his take on the franchise instead.

It pains me to say it, but it's starring to feel like they're scraping the bottom of the barrel. Whatever people thought of Prometheus, it at least promised something a bit different when Noomi Rapace went in search of the Engineers with Michael Fassbender’s head in a bag. This just looks like more of the same.

20 hours ago, Michael* said:

Although I find Neill Blomkamp a bit overrated, this latest trailer really makes me wish we were watching his take on the franchise instead.

It pains me to say it, but it's starring to feel like they're scraping the bottom of the barrel. Whatever people thought of Prometheus, it at least promised something a bit different when Noomi Rapace went in search of the Engineers with Michael Fassbender’s head in a bag. This just looks like more of the same.

There's little that is curious or original in the trailer..

There is finally a shot of the field of alien corpses.

Not sure what to make of this one yet.  I like the concept of Scott making films that leadup to Alien, just as I liked the concept for Prometheus.  The problem with all of this so far seems to be the execution and not necessarily the ideas themselves.  The base concept for Alien: Covenant seems solid, but then again some of it looks to be a retread of Prometheus as well, so it's hard to really get a grasp on it.  Still, I think I'd rather see this than Blomkamp coming in and wiping half of the original four films out of the series' canon, as was the plan for Alien 5.

18 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

There is finally a shot of the field of alien corpses.

My best guess is that Shaw and David found the home of the Engineers (or an Engineer colony, maybe) and were either the cause of its destruction or found it already destroyed. Presumably the latter, because if they'd caused it then we'd likely have gotten that movie before this one. :laugh:

On 3/2/2017 at 11:06 AM, Michael* said:

My best guess is that Shaw and David found the home of the Engineers (or an Engineer colony, maybe) and were either the cause of its destruction or found it already destroyed. Presumably the latter, because if they'd caused it then we'd likely have gotten that movie before this one. :laugh:

new photo from the red band trailer

Alien-Covenant-Skinned-Engineer-.jpg

4 hours ago, Michael* said:

Fassbender is one of those guys who looked 40 when he was 30, but equally, he'll probably still look 40 when he's 50. :laugh:

i feel like he aged 20 years since I first saw him in "Inglorious Basterds lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...