Bellazon

Trumpland U.S.A

Cult Icon

In Detroit, a Democratic stronghold where Hillary Clinton won 95 per cent of the vote, voting machines in one-third of the election precincts counted more ballots than the number of people recorded as walking in line to cast them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4034842/Michigan-recount-finds-voting-flawed-mainly-Clinton-friendly-Detroit-one-voting-machines-recorded-ballots.html

As we noted in this space earlier, while Clinton's overall margin looks large and impressive, it is due to Clinton's huge margin of victory in one state — California — where she got a whopping 4.3 million more votes than Trump.

California is the only state, in fact, where Clinton's margin of victory was bigger than President Obama's in 2012 — 61.5% vs. Obama's 60%.

But California is the exception that proves the true genius of the Electoral College — which was designed to prevent regional candidates from dominating national elections.

If you take California out of the popular vote equation, then Trump wins the rest of the country by 1.4 million votes. And if California voted like every other Democratic state — where Clinton averaged 53.5% wins — Clinton and Trump end up in a virtual popular vote tie. (This was not the case in 2012. Obama beat Romney by 2 million votes that year, not counting California.)

Meanwhile, if you look at every other measure, Trump was the clear and decisive winner in this election.

http://www.investors.com/politics/commentary/its-official-clintons-popular-vote-win-came-entirely-from-california/

On 12/17/2016 at 11:14 AM, 17 Moments of Spring said:

Donald Trump 'to give Sylvester Stallone top arts job'

President-elect said to believe 70-year-old Rocky star could 'make art great again'
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/donald-trump-gives-sylvester-stallone-top-arts-job-nea-national-endowment-chairman-a7478971.html

Donald Trump got snubbed by Rocky

Last week, rumors were swirling that President-elect Donald Trump was considering nominating Hollywood legend Sylvester Stallone as chairman of the National Endowment of the Arts. This choice would have brought some much-needed diversity to Trump's cabinet (because while every other nominee is a rich white man, Stallone is a rich white movie star).

But on Sunday, Stallone knocked those rumors down in the first round, issuing a statement that he would turn down any such nomination in favor of his true passion, working with returning veterans. Of course, both Stallone and Trump has long and complicated relationships with veterans. Stallone played "one-man army" Rambo in four movies, while Trump once said that veterans suffering from PTSD are "not strong." So it's not surprising that Stallone would steer clear.

Almost a year ago, the actor had this to say about Trump's candidacy (which at the time, was a longshot):
"I love Donald Trump. He’s a great Dickensian character. You know what I mean? There are certain people like Arnold, Babe Ruth, that are bigger than life. But I don’t know how that translates [laughs] to running the world."

Well, we're about to find out.

someecards.com & variety.com

@PinkCouture

lol 

Arnold, Stallone, and professional wrestling 

I read an editorial in the NY times that called Trump as someone who ostentatiously lives how a white blue collar guy would live if they were billionaires.   That's maybe the crux of the Trump name in terms of brand value plus the tacky 1980s image :nicole:.  It's perhaps a reflection of the people who consume his services and get drawn towards his definition of luxury.

Trump Tower's interior and 40 Wall (inside/out) are both 1950s era art deco buildings.  The Trump store and other things are like that too,

On 12/15/2016 at 11:29 AM, Cult Icon said:

P1-BZ546A_TRUMP_9U_20161214170619.jpg

Tim Cook about their meeting:

Last week you joined other tech leaders to meet President-elect Donald Trump. How important is it for Apple to engage with governments? 

It’s very important. Governments can affect our ability to do what we do. They can affect it in positive ways and they can affect in not so positive ways. What we do is focus on the policies. Some of our key areas of focus are on privacy and security, education. They’re on advocating for human rights for everyone, and expanding the definition of human rights. They’re on the environment and really combating climate change, something we do by running our business on 100 percent renewable energy.

And of course, creating jobs is a key part of what we do by giving people opportunity not only with people that work directly for Apple, but the large number of people that are in our ecosystem. We’re really proud that we’ve created 2 million jobs, just in this country. A great percentage of those are app developers. This gives everyone the power to sell their work to the world, which is an unbelievable invention in and of itself.

We have other things that are more business-centric — like tax reform — and something we’ve long advocated for: a simple system. And we’d like intellectual property reform to try to stop the people suing when they don’t do anything as a company.

There’s a large number of those issues, and the way that you advance them is to engage. Personally, I’ve never found being on the sideline a successful place to be. The way that you influence these issues is to be in the arena. So whether it’s in this country, or the European Union, or in China or South America, we engage. And we engage when we agree and we engage when we disagree. I think it’s very important to do that because you don’t change things by just yelling. You change things by showing everyone why your way is the best. In many ways, it’s a debate of ideas.

We very much stand up for what we believe in. We think that’s a key part of what Apple is about. And we’ll continue to do so.

16 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

@PinkCouture

lol 

Arnold, Stallone, and professional wrestling 

I read an editorial in the NY times that called Trump as someone who ostentatiously lives how a white blue collar guy would live if they were billionaires.   That's maybe the crux of the Trump name in terms of brand value plus the tacky 1980s image :nicole:.  It's perhaps a reflection of the people who consume his services and get drawn towards his definition of luxury.

Trump Tower's interior and 40 Wall (inside/out) are both 1950s era art deco buildings.  The Trump store and other things are like that too,

I agree :thumbs_up: For someone who came from Old Money he certainly presents himself in a very New Money way. He is a total caricature. The thing is I am not sure is he for real or is it all an act and he is portraying this "character" and image for personal gain.

I think it was NBC Nightly News that recently did a segment touring the Trump Tower and it highlighted the Trump Store :rofl: The lines between legit news and entertainment/BS news gets blurred more and more each day :/ 

• 2 weeks later...