Bellazon

Trumpland U.S.A

Cult Icon

2 hours ago, jj3 said:

Well, they all of them voted against him, it could explain the happiness :rofl: 

not all of them:

2 hours ago, PinkCouture said:

Note the hand grabbing in last pict...

Thiel liquidated the obnoxious gawker with tenacious work, then supported Trump's campaign financially and gave a speech in the republican convention. :fun:

8 hours ago, jj3 said:

Well, they all of them voted against him, it could explain the happiness :rofl: 

The historical precedents of this meeting and its symbolic nature cannot be under-emphasized.  It appears that the MSM didn't catch onto this.  So far only the first 2 minutes have been captured. The companies in this room, individually, have the wealth and economic heft greater than the majority of the countries on the planet.

Trump owes his very existence to 2 1/2 decades of policies supported by silicon valley/the street/F500 which created hundreds of new billionaires and thousands of ultra-rich since the early 1990s.  These guys are basically economic terrorists from the POV of the bottom 99.5% of the population as they are responsible for the prevailing culture of corporate america.

I read Ross' papers. Trump and Ross intend to re-industrialize the US back towards German or Japanese levels and are philosophically opposed to the digitization of human capital.  They have contempt for the movement of human mindspace from the real world and into the fantasy world.  Theil also wants an economic revolution.  Basically these guys want to shake up this formidable power base and reduce their influence.  They are severely outnumbered, that's for sure.

According to Prof. Gordon's research staff from Princeton University the mobile phone revolution has provided negative US economic growth, productivity gains, and social benefits.  The secular IT/computing revolution petered out in 2004.  It's high time that Washington moves on and reduces the valley's influence in human employment, politics and culture.  Trump & co may be feeble and weak compared to the "op-for" but they may become more and more powerful and actually cause social progress if they are successful in their goals.  They are clearly starting small.

@Stromboli1I follow the markets every day and it's clear to me that the smartphone profits are compressing and the 'happy days' of the mobile phone (the Iphone alone took away over half of global smartphone profits) are past.  A few years ago, APPL had more cash reserves than the entire US Treasury.  Then they had to split their shares and pay more dividends due to shareholder pressures and lack of global opportunities.  APPL has picked the low-hanging fruit and cook/obama were busy this summer/fall trying to sell millions of re-furbished iphones to India and the 3rd world.

6 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

@Stromboli1I follow the markets every day and it's clear to me that the smartphone profits are compressing and the 'happy days' of the mobile phone (the Iphone alone took away over half of global smartphone profits) are past.  A few years ago, APPL had more cash reserves than the entire US Treasury.  Then they had to split their shares and pay more dividends due to shareholder pressures and lack of global opportunities.  APPL has picked the low-hanging fruit and cook/obama were busy this summer/fall trying to sell millions of re-furbished iphones to India and the 3rd world.

I was saying Apple has not been innovative since Steve Jobs died. All it's competitors have caught or have surpassed them. The iPhone 7 didn't have the innovative features they once had compared to their rivals' products, adding more cameras to the iPhone is laughable. Also the innovative features/improvements weren't enough that it didn't offset that Apple to removed the headphone jack on all their iPhone 7 models and forced their customers to drop another $150 on wireless headphones.

Their new Macbook Pro late 2016 model has been their best and most innovative Macbook Pro released in the past 5 years. That being said the price point was rather pricey for what you get.

I'm still a big Apple fan though.

Edit: I totally forgot about the Apple Watch. Reviews are mixed as whether it's a successful product. 

5 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

I was saying Apple has not been innovative since Steve Jobs died. All it's competitors have caught or have surpassed them.

I was kind of saying the same thing; The "big ideas" : the apple infrastructure (very important for sealing in the customer base and obtaining monopoly profits), ipod, ipad, iphone.etc. have been executed.  These were one-time events that turned APPL into the world's most valuable company. I am not aware that Jobs had anything else planned.  The rest are incremental innovations, which from a profit standpoint are a race to the bottom.  Unless APPL pulls out the 'next big thing', they are going to be the next Microsoft in the digital landscape.

Voters feel vulnerable and abandoned. “I want my country back,” they say. Pundits claim this reflects a nostalgic desire for factory jobs and white, male supremacy. Wrong. It’s a plaintive, metaphysical cry for something solid and enduring, something that commands our devotion, and in so doing ennobles our lives.

As I observed last month in these pages, our culture is now dominated by a disenchantment both endorsed and advanced by Western elites. In the Anglosphere – which after 1989 became globally dominant – progressives and conservatives alike interpret almost everything in terms of the politics of interests, even the fundaments of public life. Patriotism? A mask for ethnocentrism. Marriage? A patriarchal institution serving male interests. Vocations? Doctors offer services to customers; teachers cater to educational consumers. Even the natural difference between men and women has been reinterpreted as an instrument by which some (the “cisgendered”, ie those not transgender) exercise power over others. Our political imaginations wilt in the metaphysical desert of a simplified Foucault and debased Hayek.

This stands in contrast to contemporary progressives, both left and right. Today, the left is the party of “diversity” and “inclusion”. The right advocates market freedom and “innovation”. Both aim at a cosmopolitan, post-political utopia of ever-expanding opportunities, for self-invention on the one hand and economic growth on the other. This requires the weakening of collective loyalties, common loves and other strong consolidating, unifying forces in society.

http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/issues/november-18th-2016/the-meaning-of-donald-trump/

"Firstly, Taylor Swift is a pure Aryan goddess, like something out of classical Greek poetry. Athena reborn. That's the most important thing," explains Andre Anglin, the writer of the white supremacist blog the Daily Stormer. "It is also an established fact that Taylor Swift is secretly a Nazi and is simply waiting for the time when Donald Trump makes it safe for her to come out and announce her Aryan agenda to the world. Probably, she will be betrothed to Trump's son, and they will be crowned American royalty."

https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/cant-shake-it-off-how-taylor-swift-became-a-nazi-idol

how-taylor-swift-became-a-nazi-icon-body-image-1463775383.png

Taking a random celebrity who's rich and very recognisable, choosing to ignore the substance of almost everything they've ever said, projecting your own ideas about what they stand for and worshipping them for it is quite the strange phenomenon. I wonder if it's occurred to anyone else to use it to their advantage. :DanniCullen:

But if, for whatever strange reason, people have started attributing these quotes to Taylor Swift, then I suppose you'd have to say that turnabout is fair play.

my_tweet.png

Exclusive: Chuck Norris encourages 'freedom-loving citizens' to rally behind Trump

http://www.wnd.com/2016/07/the-people-have-spoken/

Arnold Schwarzenegger defends Donald Trump's involvement in 'Celebrity Apprentice'

http://mashable.com/2016/12/12/arnold-schwarzenegger-donald-trump-celebrity-apprentice/

3 hours ago, 17 Moments of Spring said:

I want to know what Arnold really thinks about Trump still being credited for the show :rofl: Too bad he is being censored by Burnett and probably NBC :/ He was very vocal about bring Anti-Trump and he was encouraging others not to vote for him as well :laugh: