Bellazon

Trumpland U.S.A

Cult Icon

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/russia-us-relations_us_58edf714e4b0df7e2046a935?

“One could say that the level of trust on a working level, especially on the military level, has not improved, but rather has deteriorated.”

Vladimir Putin said on Wednesday trust had eroded between the United States and Russia under President Donald Trump, as Moscow delivered an unusually hostile reception to Secretary of State Rex Tillerson in a face-off over Syria.

Any hope in Russia that the Trump administration would herald less confrontational relations has been dashed in the past week after the new U.S. leader fired missiles at Syria to punish Moscow’s ally for its suspected use of poison gas.

Just as Tillerson sat down for talks, a senior Russian official assailed the “primitiveness and loutishness” of U.S. rhetoric, part of a volley of statements that appeared timed to maximize the awkwardness during the first visit by a member of Trump’s cabinet.

“One could say that the level of trust on a working level, especially on the military level, has not improved but has rather deteriorated,” Putin said in an interview broadcast on Russian television moments after Tillerson sat down with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov in an ornate hall.

keep in mind that this is "business as usual".  The parties try to hang each other (often with rumors and exaggerations) while the other side is in power 

meanwhile, the partisan circle-jerk media is their instrument

What Trump Models Closure Means for the Modeling Industry

The shuttering of a boutique modeling agency isn’t usually a subject for national debate, but when it is partially owned by the president, that changes things. When news hit last week that Trump Models might be closing its doors, few were surprised. President Trump’s polarizing reputation has taken a toll on many of the businesses that bear his name, but his modeling agency faced a particularly difficult challenge. In a leaked email obtained by Mother Jones, Trump Models’s president, Corinne Nicolas, saluted the agency’s success over the past 18 years and shared the news that the Trump Organization parent company was phasing out its modeling segment to focus on business interests in golf, hospitality, and real estate.

The email followed a week’s worth of speculation spurred on by The Washington Post’s exposé on the high-profile women who’d left the agency. Once home to fashion icons including Carmen Dell’Orefice and Pat Cleveland, what it lacked in influence it made up for in the prestige of its iconic supermodels. Founded in 1999, and calling itself T Models at one point, it never rose to powerhouse status. Though it launched several faces over the years—including redhead editorial favorite Katie Moore, Steven Meisel muse Hollie-May Saker, and Sports Illustrated star Mia Kang—the agency attained modest success. Ironically, its greatest achievement may be the one farthest removed from its founder’s ideals: When it launched its Legends division in 2012, it helped to revive interest in models over 40.

The end of Trump Models already has given rise to a series of fresh endeavors. With several models from its Legends board following one of the agency’s top bookers, Patty Sicular, to Iconic Focus, an outpost dedicated to representing older talent, and with onetime Trump Models agent Gabriel Ruas Santos-Rocha, recently founding his own agency, Anti Management, the models and managers appear to be rebounding quickly. Still, the closure may have an impact beyond the formation of new agencies.
With rates down and hundreds of agencies jockeying for the same work, modeling is more competitive than ever, and while business losses are common, in the case of Trump Models the situation may have been exacerbated by its connection to the president. Trump’s history of derogatory statements about women made him a dubious choice for the business of beauty, yet he continuously sought a niche for himself within that world. In the beginning, his reputation for glitz may have added a degree of notoriety, but ultimately he may have become a liability.

There were reports of boycotts from behind the scenes, and many models were said to have questioned the ethics of working for an owner whose political views were at odds with their own. If there’s a lesson to be learned from the closure of Trump Models, it lies in understanding the impact of the current climate on fashion. Another modeling agency founder turned president seems unlikely in the future, and the resistance directed toward Trump’s companies proves that no business is immune to politics.

vogue.com

^ Makes sense. When I went to their site fairly recently, the only big name that I recognized was Carol Alt. It’s amazing how few talents the agency had managed to claim. It was pretty apparent that models moved to other agencies quickly even if they were found by Trump Models.

I think Trump should have probably created a modelling agency for super commercial models like beauty pageant winners, Playmates etc., who might not find representation in the most reputable agencies, instead of trying to compete in the (high) fashion model arena.

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-39592010

The rise of left-wing, anti-Trump fake news

""It [fake news] affects both the right and the left. It affects educated and uneducated. So the stereotypes of it being simply right-wing and simply uneducated are 100% not true," says Jeff Green, who is the CEO of Trade Desk, an internet advertising company that was recently commissioned by American TV channel CBS to investigate who is reading and sharing fake news online."

http://www.usafacts.org/

On 13/4/2017 at 9:54 PM, Sanni said:

^ Makes sense. When I went to their site fairly recently, the only big name that I recognized was Carol Alt. It’s amazing how few talents the agency had managed to claim. It was pretty apparent that models moved to other agencies quickly even if they were found by Trump Models.

I think Trump should have probably created a modelling agency for super commercial models like beauty pageant winners, Playmates etc., who might not find representation in the most reputable agencies, instead of trying to compete in the (high) fashion model arena.

Are any high-profile models still with that agency? I think I remember that Dioni Tabbers used to be with Trump Models.

17 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Are any high-profile models still with that agency? I think I remember that Dioni Tabbers used to be with Trump Models.

I’m not sure. It seems that they haven’t updated the site. They still have Mia Kang up even though she is with Women Management now.