Bellazon

Trumpland U.S.A

Cult Icon

1 minute ago, Stormbringer said:

Never underestimate people's stupidity :ninja: 

But I really can't/don't want to imagine a world where Trump and that team around him leads the most powerful country for 8 years...

Even some of the comments on BZ is a good indication of why he might get a 2nd term. He pretends to be dumb but he knows exactly what he is doing and it is working well for him. In some ways I commend him for his tactical and well game play.

There was a clip from Bill Maher's show I saw during the campaign where an expert on con men explained why Trump's tactics work so well and why they work for con men. That guy said Trump would win because of it, and he didn't feel like it was a guess, he was certain of it.

I have no reason to assume he won't win again.

12 hours ago, PinkCouture said:

Even some of the comments on BZ is a good indication of why he might get a 2nd term. He pretends to be dumb but he knows exactly what he is doing and it is working well for him. In some ways I commend him for his tactical and well game play.

He does not pretend his is dumb, this guy literally is that word encapsulated in ignorance. Trump is incoherent & inept! There are plenty of simple videos on YouTube that show this. Trump is too often looked at as some kind of political genius or some tactical master on manipulating people when it's nothing but the opposite side of the spectrum here. Fact remains he lost the popular vote by millions for one. Second, those opposing Trump didn't come out to vote but we saw how after months of complete chaos in the white house people are now finally coming out to vote to overturn the red sea blanketing this country. Virginia and New Jersey are good indicators so far. Will it hold up into 2018 and 2020? Who knows, but the anti-Trump movement is more than gaining steam and the votes are showing it along with the daily added scandals that are plaguing Trump and the Republican party that will only strengthen democrats and independents to vote out the red. So yes, Trump was voted in but many powerful forces in business and politics saw how easy it was to manipulate Trump and the fact this man is so unhinged was a added benefit for them since they could easily hide behind the veil of his sheer incoherence and stupidity to pass along hidden agendas, massive tax cuts for CORPORATIONS being one of many at the moment. Plus, let's not forget that Trump will LITERALLY say anything to garner support not matter how outlandish and utterly ridiculous it sounds. He has nothing to lose nor any sense of humility, shame, compassion or vision. This is why he gained so many supporters so quick since he catered to their every desires and sadly, many are now being affected negatively by his incompetence and decision making. So of course many running against him will not stoop to his level because it would be political suicide for them. Trumps power is in his money. Money bought him the people he needed to stay afloat all these past years and gave him this so called aurora of "he knows exactly what he is doing". He was born into money, taught by money, and catered all his life. He was the perfect pawn to use and luckily it paid off for all those businesses and politicians who invested in him for power and more influence. That to me is "knowing exactly what he is doing" if "he" was those who propped him up :yes: This above is why he will not gain a 2nd term imo because people are seeing this and those in politics who are trying to copy his tactics are not being voted in as Trump was since those key positions dont offer the financial payout like Trump has.

As a added bonus, if u want to see how delirious and incoherent Trump is and why it's very worrisome to have him in the white house, take a look at the vid below! People will not stand for such a man for much longer!

I see the "Obama Factor" and the trillions of Gov't debt taken as a result of the "Great Recession" as being the main reason why Trump is president.  He was too left wing for half of his country, he spent too much tax dollars, and his rhetoric was polarizing.  In my personal opinion, he was kind of borg hivemind- like my facebook feed.  He only repeated ideological cliches' and had no original thought in his body.  Obama was popular internationally because his rhetoric and policies were aligned with the EU and he was globalist instead of nationalist.  

I grew up in the 1990s and there is a big difference between today's liberalism and the left of center liberalism in the 1990s.  What was considered radical left (literally a fringe of urban poor people, hippies, victim agitators, radical professors, etc.) went mainstream during the Great recession.   So what people consider "normal liberal thoughts" today was crackpot left yesterday.  There is a distinct shift towards class, race, and gender conflict as being the "King and Queen" of politics.

Millennials in general are heavily indoctrinated in "equalism"- their frame/conception of politics is largely egalitarianism, victim energy, and a faith in the nanny state.  This was largely a result of the disaster of the great recession and the media's reaction to it.  There's little sense of ideological balance (egalitarianism vs other components of politics and gov't) and technology- internet, social media, smartphones- have made stupid political propaganda more intrusive - both left and right.   The majority of politics is really just trolling and entertainment- eyeball clickbait for media $$.   But it still effects people by stealing their attention span, imprinting patterns, and controlling their thoughts. The majority of people only repeat what they read/listen to in their preferred media outlets.   It's actually annoying in the workplace too as people waste time talking about politics.... IMHO US politics has gone to shit and I've mostly lost interest.

Obviously, Trump winning was a shock, but it also followed a certain pattern of history. You have to go back nearly 150 years to find the Democrats retaining power from one President to another without a death happening in office. The pendulum swing dictated that a Republican win was always a distinct possibility.

I don’t agree with those who suggest that Trump's victory was some sort of ideological triumph, though. I think I'm right in thinking that he took about the same overall number of votes as Mitt Romney, so a stronger Democratic candidate would have left him in the dust.

^^

Well, the underdog struggles for years to re-take and shift public consciousness.

FDR had 4 terms, Eisenhower (R) took over after Truman.  Then the Democrats dominated the 60s (JFK, LBJ) Nixon (R).  etc, etc.

Trump is not a real Republican, he's a "Reaction" or reactionary and an opportunist.

There is currently no cohesive right wing ideology.  It's scattered everywhere.  The only ideology that's borg like and firm is the left.

Unfortunately, pragmatic policies that look after as many people as possible don't seem to be a thing in 2017, and too few people are prepared to think any deeper than "such and such a thing is going to irritate preachy liberals/out of touch conservatives, therefore it must be brilliant".

For example, 29% of Alabamans recently polled have declared themselves as being more likely to vote for Roy Moore, despite multiple allegations of molesting teenage girls. The reasoning seems to be that if the dreaded 'MSM' are trying to 'smear' him, then he must be doing something right. I don’t know how one would even begin to change that sort of mindset, but surely what we need is more people who are prepared to straddle the divide between their own beliefs and those of their opponents. Listening to what others have to say, within reason of course, must be the first step towards bridging the gap.

The left/right have created a global fantasy world in the media- the goal is to win political victories among themselves and for their constituents, not educate the public.  Even you foreigners have the exact same opinions as american liberals.

The "dreaded MSM" is probably among half of the electorate.  I find the MSM to be banal, lacking in intelligence, and biased towards the interests of liberal democratic globally.  I've been reading/watching it my entire life.  Since middle school I was taught that the media was generally written to a 6th grade reading level and dumbed down to reach the maximum audience.  It's even worse today as the structure of the media has changed.  I think the low point in media trust came during the Bush years and has extended until this day. 

It's every citizen for themselves now.

I think I'd find it easier to understand the 'every citizen for themselves' mindset if so many 'ordinary' people weren't seemingly so eager to screw themselves by voting against their own interests. I hear a lot of British people (obviously, I'm looking close to home again here) throwing around terms like 'the elite' and very vociferously, yet at the same time their devotion to the monarchy is more or less unwavering. During a so-called period of war on the elite, I would have assumed that the royals would be considered about as elite as they come. Apparently not though, because the class system remains untroubled.

I struggle to wrap my head around things like that, because there are just so many massive contradictions at work.

^

You struggle because you believe in a single certain frame of reference- that of the traditional liberal democrat. I think hundreds of millions people have the same mindset.   I've noticed from observing European opinions (I also read the U.K. Economist from time to time) that their way of viewing the world is highly aligned to the US democrat. 

There are many ways of viewing the political sphere.  Some choose it from the SJW victim POV.  Some like Class warfare.  Some by religion.  Some by business and free enterprise.  Some by Gov't as Nanny.  Some by Corporations. Some are a blend of many areas. etc etc

Could it be that reality is far more complex than the particular political ideology or what is presented in the paper?  Rhetorical question.

I don't believe in reducing complex and nuanced concepts down to absolute definitions, or in picking a side and sticking to it rigidly like a sports fan. But I do believe in the principle of making decisions in a sensible, adult way, with reasonable discourse and a willingness during the process to entertain the possibility that we may be wrong. Honestly, I think if we've abandoned that principle, then informed debate no longer has a place in mainstream politics. In which case, I'm not sure it really matters which faction wins the shouting match.

• 3 weeks later...