Bellazon

Trumpland U.S.A

Cult Icon

WTF :blink:

During an interview Tuesday on The Joe Pags Show, Trump’s son said “politics is the nastiest business I’ve ever seen” because the president is constantly bombarded with criticism.

“It’s the media, the mainstream media, who does not want him to succeed. It’s government who does not want him to succeed… No matter what he does, he’s going to get hit, and listen, I think you have to tune it out. You obviously have to be tuned into it, but at the same time you have to take it all with a grain of salt.”

“If they weren’t talking about you, you wouldn’t be doing something right and it’s important to keep it in context, otherwise quite frankly you’d probably end up killing yourself out of depression,” Eric Trump said. “But he’s doing a great job.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/listen-eric-trump-says-his-father-tunes-out-criticism-so-he-doesnt-commit-suicide-out-of-depression/

It happened the first time because too few Democrat supporters were willing to hold their noses and vote Clinton, figuring that somebody else would take care of it instead. I'd be very shocked if we saw that kind of complacency from them again next time.

26 minutes ago, Michael* said:

It happened the first time because too few Democrat supporters were willing to hold their noses and vote Clinton, figuring that somebody else would take care of it instead. I'd be very shocked if we saw that kind of complacency from them again next time.

The US electorate clearly wants some sort of major political reform to both parties.   I read that 10% of Sanders supporters switched over and voted for Trump.  

I see Trump as a transitional period to some other political order.  The wheel of history will continue.

On 9/1/2017 at 9:21 AM, Cult Icon said:

The US electorate clearly wants some sort of major political reform to both parties.   I read that 10% of Sanders supporters switched over and voted for Trump.  

I see Trump as a transitional period to some other political order.  The wheel of history will continue.

I heard it was more than that---like 30% of Berners voted for Trump.

If anything, I could see it going the other way, with third parties having less influence in the 2020 election than they had in 2016. It's hard to imagine any candidate worth their salt wanting to put their name to what most would see as a fool's errand.

23 hours ago, Michael* said:

If anything, I could see it going the other way, with third parties having less influence in the 2020 election than they had in 2016. It's hard to imagine any candidate worth their salt wanting to put their name to what most would see as a fool's errand.

Well you have the left/progressive side of the Democratic party which is tired of so-called Republicans-lite as candidates and then you have the moderate side of the GOP which supposedly doesn't like Trump's extreme populism. The problem is that those two groups are not natural allies, so it's hard to imagine a candidate who would appeal to them both.

4 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Well you have the left/progressive side of the Democratic party which is tired of so-called Republicans-lite as candidates and then you have the moderate side of the GOP which supposedly doesn't like Trump's extreme populism. The problem is that those two groups are not natural allies, so it's hard to imagine a candidate who would appeal to them both.

It's hard not to see parallels there with the 2010 UK election, where a lot of people voted Lib Dem because they felt disillusioned with Labour. Although I suspect if you asked them about it now, they'd likely see it as a waste.

I think going forward, we're going to be seeing an increase in tactical voting, particularly in the US where things are becoming ever more polarised. The public will be more engaged than in years gone by, but probably motivated more by trying to keep the opposing party out of office than electing a candidate they actually want.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have so many feelings about Trump ... As someone who has a lot of friends and relatives living in the US, it's horrible to see the direction the country is taking and I hope the next three years go by fast and as smoothly as possible for everyone.

But as someone who lives in another country and American politics affect nothing on my daily life, this is the most hilarious thing to see because I honestly can't believe the shit this douchebag does and when you think he can't top himself in his own stupidity, he comes with something bigger and dumber and everyone around him seems to be just as idiot as he is, if not more (see Sanders). It's like watching a very long and great Veep episode :rofl: 

11 minutes ago, Clauds said:

I have so many feelings about Trump ... As someone who has a lot of friends and relatives living in the US, it's horrible to see the direction the country is taking and I hope the next three years go by fast and as smoothly as possible for everyone.

You mean the next 7 yrs. Keep in mind more than 80% of Trump voters would vote for him again in the next election...

But I assume the other 20% will vote for whoever is the other candidate and no one who didn't vote for him last year would actually vote for him now? Honestly, how fucking stupid can people be? o.o 

10 minutes ago, Clauds said:

But I assume the other 20% will vote for whoever is the other candidate and no one who didn't vote for him last year would actually vote for him now? Honestly, how fucking stupid can people be? o.o 

Also, as I mentioned a few months back the counties that votes for him are becoming more "Red." Unfortunately people thinking and calling them stupid was what got him elected in the first place :/