Bellazon

Trumpland U.S.A

Cult Icon

I found it funny that Ivanka Trump said that “Gossip Girl” is her guilty pleasure. I remember the show featuring one character who was a former swimsuit model married to a rich man. I always thought that that was a nod to Melania Trump using her modelling background to become part of New York society.

Blair: “Can I just say how sorry I am that I judged you earlier? I thought you were just a callow, social-climbing former swimsuit model who married above her station only to be enslaved by her own insecurities. When I saw you rolling around on the floor with my adolescent ex, I realized you have a compassionate side.”

Ivanka doesn’t have much affinity for Melania? :D

3 hours ago, Sanni said:

Blair: “Can I just say how sorry I am that I judged you earlier? I thought you were just a callow, social-climbing former swimsuit model who married above her station only to be enslaved by her own insecurities. When I saw you rolling around on the floor with my adolescent ex, I realized you have a compassionate side.”

Couldn't the same thing be said about Ivanka's mother, Ivana? :idk:

20 minutes ago, Sanni said:

I dunno but it must be weird for Ivanka to think that when she was born, her future stepmother was 11 years old.

At the same time she is part of a social circle in which men do marry women who are not that far apart in age as their children. However that doesn't mean she didn't have her opinions or that it is not something that is common.

This man is trying to bring back a coal industry that is dying off quickly by natural gas + renewable energy...and this all mentioned from a former coal CEO! For someone who praises clean air and water, this man is taking our country back decades for many areas of the USA! Too bad, red states will only suffer even more! Look for China and Europe as leaders in the renewable energy revolution! Our country is much too swarmed by incompetency and greedy fossil fuel assholes atm! Thankfully, there is no stopping solar, wind, geothermal, hydro, and bio mass! Trumps energy tactics are a mere speed bump for the inevitable clean energy economy! I can't help but laugh. For a supposed self proclaimed genius business man, Trump sure is investing in some horrid energy choices and technologies that are as outdated as VHS :cain: 

On 3/27/2017 at 6:17 PM, Sanni said:

And I thought all women wanted to social climb if they could

Cavewoman instincts, Zing!!!

health-fitness-2010-09-0909-cavewoman_at.jpg

@Cult Icon I don’t buy that. Studies have shown that there is very little movement between social hierarchies. People tend to marry someone with a similar background, education level and income instead of marrying “up” or marrying “down.” I doubt all women, who choose a partner who is similar to them and thus compatible, think “If only I was a swimsuit model, I could marry for money!”

28 minutes ago, Sanni said:

@Cult Icon I don’t buy that. Studies have shown that there is very little movement between social hierarchies. People tend to marry someone with a similar background, education level and income instead of marrying “up” or marrying “down.” I doubt all women, who choose a partner who is similar to them and thus compatible, think “If only I was a swimsuit model, I could marry for money!”

Women are engineered to either 1. be attracted to the security of a man who is a bit more to a lot more dominant than they  2. get instantly attracted to "dominant animals" of the hunter-gatherer sort (eg. Ragnar from Vikings, Negan from Walking dead, rockstars, macho bikers, etc.) or people with a lot of power.  They certainly do not get attracted to them for their beautiful minds. :D

There are exceptions of course but that's how women are.