On 09/01/2017 at 10:17 PM, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

Hmm, what could possibly go wrong?

EXXON at State Department.

Goldman Sachs at Treasury.

Anti-Gay Attorney General.

"King of Bankruptcy" at Commerce.

Public Education foe at Education.

Climate change denier at EPA...

Welcome to Trumps Presidency folks! :ninja: Cabinet hearings to begin soon too! :sick:

Most skilled people to fuck up the entire system

On 1/9/2017 at 11:11 AM, jj3 said:

I think 4 years will be long. I don't understand why he can't stop tweeting. I still will give him 6 months before to judge. But clearly, 2 months after the election now, the signs are like not good. 

Also, people should stop to blame him, he just stayed the same than during the campaign. If there's someone or something to blame, it's the American people itself, IMO. You have what you deserve.

But we shall see. 

I don't think so. Just, democracies are slow. They are like diesel. I don't think Russia or Isreal are relevant, actually. Both progress in a buble. 

Isreal is too small, and Russia is an illusion of power. They never built anything relevant. During the WW2 they played the role of the usefull idiot IMO.

I actually think TIME is the solution to the equation. It's not matter of Democracy or religion, but matter of time. The world is sick, but that sickness is like a good bacteria, and in the end, all that pain won't be useless. HOPEFULLY. If the Humanity don't lost is mind, or simply die, they go out of this crisis stronger than before. 

There hasn't been a single good president since (arguably) Bush Sr.  Clinton, Bush Jr, and Obama have been highly corrupt.  The mass media has been busy attacking his cabinet picks while, at the same time, white-washing Obama's presidency.  Obama largely picked ideologues, high financiers, and like-minded ivy league academics for his cabinet.  These people reflected his base of constituents, as does Trump's.  He used these people to push hundreds of billions of dollars of corrupt spending.  This is why the stimulus returned only 40 cents on the dollar according to some more lenient estimates.  His academics even reclassified economic statistics and changed economic reporting during the great recession to make a stagnant economy look like a slow growth economy. The Health care reform was incredibly biased to the profits of insurance industry.  Then Obama/Congress spent much of his presidency killing time with SJW, foodie, environmentalist, and race-baiting antics.  They spent several weeks on transgender bathrooms in the south last summer.  I'm just glad that the office of the US presidency is highly over-rated in its importance and impact.

You have your military history wrong.  The Soviet Union did the overwhelming majority of the important fighting in WW2 and the US/Allied forces would never have won if not for nuclear weapons.    But that's not really all that related to terrorism.   Since then, the Russians and Israelis have accumulated much domain knowledge in fighting terrorism and Russia still possesses a nationalist and a giant reservist pool/security state.   They should have ideas for strategies that are more fresh and innovative but they don't have the financial backing that the US/NATO has.  Fighting terrorism with Russia could provide benefits since they can draw a lot more personnel for war. Since WW1, the Western Democracies are a paper tiger as far as wars are considered.  Losing most of the time and eeking out mere tactical victories. The US has spent trillions on lost wars. The armies of Europe are a joke, and the US army is whiz-bang but without much results.  In some places firefighters and policemen are joked about as being "white welfare".  Defense sectors that don't perform however, are immune to such accusations.  Napoleon has been attributed the quote "moral is to material as to 3 to 1".  This quip is correct.

I don't think the interests of Americans and their allies are actually aligned.  If I was a foreigner, I would hope that the Democrats win every time.

Loling at Melania Trump looking at those silver people stone-faced. The celebration looks really crappy and empty and bare. Usually the U.S. knows how to razzle dazzle. The Lincoln statue gives a grand backdrop but they’ve still somehow made the stage look lacklustre. The crowd is really quiet too.