Bellazon

The Avengers, Age of Ultron, Infinity War & Endgame (2012-2019)

Ana Beatriz Barros Fan

1 hour ago, Michael* said:

Interesting. Guess we'll be needing a slight edit of the thread title too, then. :laugh:

Any idea what the thinking behind the change was?

I'm sure I will get some of this wrong but I believe Kevin Feige, the head guy at Marvel Studios, named the movies in two parts.

When the Russo brothers were named to direct they said the names were going to change because it was never supposed to be one long movie split in half but instead two separate Avengers movies.

14 hours ago, jkjk said:

I'm sure I will get some of this wrong but I believe Kevin Feige, the head guy at Marvel Studios, named the movies in two parts.

When the Russo brothers were named to direct they said the names were going to change because it was never supposed to be one long movie split in half but instead two separate Avengers movies.

Makes sense. Now that the Russos are further along in the process of looking at the story they want to tell, it's pretty understandable that changes are being made.

And it might be for the best that they've done it, honestly. I was always a bit iffy on the notion of going into a movie knowing in advance that it would end in a sort of weird half resolution, and having to wait another year for the rest.

• 4 months later...
On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 3:13 PM, jkjk said:

I saw Scarlett talking about the movie in an interview. She said there are over 60 marvel characters in the movie, and that 31 or 32 appear in one scene together. :ohmy:

It'll be fascinating to see how that goes, because the only reason I can come up with for so many characters to share the screen would be a full-scale throwdown with Thanos, and I hadn't really envisaged that happening until Avengers 4. I figured Thanos would probably spend the majority of this movie finishing his gem collection, which I suppose you'd have to say would include either him or one of his generals ripping the stone out of Vision's head. :no:

Poor Paul Bettany.  :sad:

I have been thinking that a main character should die soon in order for the audience to believe that the danger is real in these movies, maybe Vision is a big enough character.

I think they tried with Coulson, Quicksilver, and the most recent one (not sure if it's still a spoiler). Those were all secondary characters, though.

5 hours ago, jkjk said:

Poor Paul Bettany.  :sad:

I have been thinking that a main character should die soon in order for the audience to believe that the danger is real in these movies, maybe Vision is a big enough character.

I think they tried with Coulson, Quicksilver, and the most recent one (not sure if it's still a spoiler). Those were all secondary characters, though.

Yeah, as a longstanding Vision fan, it certainly wouldn't be a scene that I'd relish watching, but it does seem to be on the cards. :/

Speaking of Coulson, I think it's high time they finally tied up the loose end of the team not knowing he's alive. I'm sure they could spin it so that his resurrection was kept off the books and not included in Romanoff's Winter Soldier leak, and it would make for a nice moment when the Avengers see him again for the first time.

I wonder what the chances are of Marvel integrating at least some of the TV characters into this or the next movie? :smile:

1 hour ago, Michael* said:

Speaking of Coulson, I think it's high time they finally tied up the loose end of the team not knowing he's alive. I'm sure they could spin it so that his resurrection was kept off the books and not included in Romanoff's Winter Soldier leak, and it would make for a nice moment when the Avengers see him again for the first time.

It seems like Tony usually knows things before others, so I wouldn't be surprised if he already knew but kept it quiet.

It would be a nice moment however it happened, if they decide to do it. Clark Gregg has not let on that anything is in the works, but he would probably be in trouble if he did.

5 hours ago, jkjk said:

It seems like Tony usually knows things before others, so I wouldn't be surprised if he already knew but kept it quiet.

It would be a nice moment however it happened, if they decide to do it. Clark Gregg has not let on that anything is in the works, but he would probably be in trouble if he did.

Fury and Hill certainly know and I believe Sif found out in one of the early Agents of SHIELD episodes, I wouldn't be surprised if they made it so that Tony knows as well. :laugh:

With Loki confirmed to appear and presumably siding with Thanos, I think a little "remember me" moment between him and Coulson would be a nice callback to the first film. Assuming it's still on the air by then, they could even do a tie-in episode or two of AoS to flesh out the battle a bit more.

I saw Chadwick Boseman in an interview and it's funny to me to watch the Marvel actors be careful what they can say about upcoming movies so they don't get in trouble with Marvel.

He was asked if he will be in both of the scheduled Avenger movies, and he said he is only allowed to say he is in the one this thread is about. The way he said it made me think there is a good chance he could be in the second one.

I think around twice as many Marvel characters have been confirmed for the first movie, so there are likely more to come for the second.

54 minutes ago, jkjk said:

I saw Chadwick Boseman in an interview and it's funny to me to watch the Marvel actors be careful what they can say about upcoming movies so they don't get in trouble with Marvel.

He was asked if he will be in both of the scheduled Avenger movies, and he said he is only allowed to say he is in the one this thread is about. The way he said it made me think there is a good chance he could be in the second one.

I think around twice as many Marvel characters have been confirmed for the first movie, so there are likely more to come for the second.

Not that I'd actually wish it on anyone of course, but a part of me is a little bit curious about what the consequences would be if one of the actors were to inadvertently reveal something major about the plot. :laugh:

Speaking of things that may or may not turn out to be potential spoilers, a photo posted by some bloke called Robert Downey Jr sparked a flurry of speculation yesterday over the whereabouts of Tony's arc reactor chest piece.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_DC24GqGUwAI0kT0.jpg

17 minutes ago, Michael* said:

Not that I'd actually wish it on anyone of course, but a part of me is a little bit curious about what the consequences would be if one of the actors were to inadvertently reveal something major about the plot. :laugh:

Me too. I imagine their contracts have financial penalties, but I wonder if Marvel would enforce those. I also wonder if they would go a step further and someone could lose their job. But like you said, I don't want that to happen to anyone.

1 hour ago, jkjk said:

Me too. I imagine their contracts have financial penalties, but I wonder if Marvel would enforce those. I also wonder if they would go a step further and someone could lose their job. But like you said, I don't want that to happen to anyone.

Thinking about it now, I wouldn't be too surprised if that were to happen one of these days. Particularly if the kind of grilling that poor Daisy Ridley has been subjected to as of late becomes the norm. :/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2017 at 9:21 PM, peroxideblonde said:

No sign of Carol Danvers so far.:rolingpin:

I'll be interested to know when an official trailer is going to be released into the wild. I'd imagine probably within a month or so, pehaps with bits and pieces taken from this. Really though, I don't know why they didn't release it straight after showing it at Comic Con, because that way most people's first impression of Infinity War would have been a high quality trailer instead of a grainy piece of cam footage. In 2017, there's always a possibility of your stuff leaking, so why wouldn't you just get ahead of it and control the content? :idk:

On 8/4/2017 at 5:15 PM, jkjk said:

Since they are done filming, I wonder if that means she won't be in it. Maybe she will be in the next Avengers movie.  :idk:

I think the expectation was that they would do the same with Carol as they did with T'Challa and Parker, with a back door introduction in one of the bigger ensemble pieces to launch the character. However, the recent reports of the Captain Marvel solo story being set in the nineties did seem to dampen that down a bit. :unsure:

I believe the Captain Marvel movie comes out two months prior to Avengers 4, though. So who knows, the end might see Danvers travel back to the present somehow.

Dunno if anyone saw this at the time, but just in case, here's the three-part Infinity War poster unveiled by Marvel at SDCC. Thanos looking rather like an angry purple version of Bruce Willis, Chris Evans looking a lot like Solid Snake. :laugh:

q2vtnq28pnjs4ym7yea4.png

• 3 months later...