Bellazon

Westworld

Michael*

Looks like they're opening the story into the real world. I was quite happy to see that because I had this sneaking suspicion that they might just confine things to the park and that the potential narrative could be limited. That's not going to be happening, which is a huge plus.

Side note, but I thought it was an interesting reveal that the park is in Asia. I wonder if the location will take on more relevance as we roll through the season.

9 hours ago, Michael* said:

Looks like they're opening the story into the real world. I was quite happy to see that because I had this sneaking suspicion that they might just confine things to the park and that the potential narrative could be limited. That's not going to be happening, which is a huge plus.

Side note, but I thought it was an interesting reveal that the park is in Asia. I wonder if the location will take on more relevance as we roll through the season.

Westworld has been renewed for Season 3.  It is meant to be one of several parks with different themes.  One of them is Samurai world.  

I have no clue how it's going to move forward once Dolores and MIB's missions are complete. Harris and Wood are pretty much the best characters left on the show.

here is a timeline for westworld:

fywzsf7951v01.jpg

^

Yep, lots of potential.

William's statements about consciousness to dolores reminds me of this.  Ford also speaks of it.:

"“This dry definition, accurate as it is, does not fully suggest the importance of what it conveys. Since for us outside events do not exist unless we are aware of them, consciousness corresponds to subjectively experienced reality. While everything we feel, smell, hear, or remember is potentially a candidate for entering consciousness, the experiences that actually do become part of it are much fewer than those left out. Thus, while consciousness is a mirror that reflects what our senses tell us about what happens both outside our bodies and within the nervous system, it reflects those changes selectively, actively shaping events, imposing on them a reality of its own. The reflection consciousness provides is what we call our life: the sum of all we have heard, seen, felt, hoped, and suffered from birth to death. Although we believe that there are “things” outside consciousness, we have direct evidence only of those that find a place in it. "

Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, Flow

On 4/25/2018 at 12:53 PM, Michael* said:

It was an odd one, because the rampage definitely wasn't what I expected. Maeve went on one in S1 to get out of Westworld, which we then learned was just code, but her breaking that code to escape and find her 'daughter' felt like a real turning point for the character. Dolores seemed to reach a similar turning point, only to go straight into 'kill all humans' mode. I guess it all goes back to the question of whether Ford is still pulling the strings in some way, although I'm not sure if it's really necessary that the consciousness of the robots is still in question at this point. :unsure:

Some of this has been answered since you posted it.  Ford's AI is still there.

Rachel Wood acting as a "ruthless baddie" TBH doesn't really work.   There are too many contradictions.  She is too pretty and dressed like Alice in Wonderland to be menacing.

IMHO Her Wyatt persona would have been better if it had more of a playful-psycho troll vibe. Wyatt as it is now, is too serious and depressed.  A vengeful person is driven by rage/anger, not sadness & depression.   Her acting as nice Dolores is still as good as it was in the last season.

So far, I thought that EP2 was terrific but EP1 was a bit weaker and EP3 was too much action and not enough substance/quality.  

Pretty cool that there is an Indiaworld and a Ronin at the end. 

I'm really looking forward to EP4 as Harris is the focus.  He's my favorite part of the show now.

With multiple park/worlds which are separated by barriers, I wonder how large the entire complex is. It must be a significant area of land.

I don't think this has been answered, and I don't think they have a reason to, but I was thinking about it today.

1 minute ago, jkjk said:

With multiple park/worlds which are separated by barriers, I wonder how large the entire complex is. It must be a significant area of land.

I don't think this has been answered, and I don't think they have a reason to, but I was thinking about it today.

the park is located on a large island

wzrF6f_mqVVDjbncfgDpddBeDk857TpsGi6j65roIS4.png?w=1024&s=ad559d158cbada6baf4d07305b5626d6