Bellazon

Nightmare Fuel: The Thread

Cult Icon

7 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

^ The assassin part was already decreased in Origins. I guess they want to ride the wave of RPG successes (like the Witcher 3).

I never really liked the phases in the present (with Desmond, Layla and all these guys). I feel they just take some time for some uninteresting plot. I hope they are kept minimal like in origins.

I recall that Unity/Syndicate were disappointing for them so they started Unity with a different concept.  I agree the present section seems really tacked on, like they have to do it for the sake of continuity.  

Did you like AC: 3 ?  I liked the story/setting in 3 a lot.  I like 4: black flag a lot too.

I get the impression that there is a certain amount of popularity regarding historical fiction in France.  there are a lot of well drawn and researched French graphic novel artists/writers and there is Assassin's Creed.

1 hour ago, Cult Icon said:

Did you like AC: 3 ?  I liked the story/setting in 3 a lot.

I didn't play it much, it looked good, but I can't really judge it.

1 hour ago, Cult Icon said:

I get the impression that there is a certain amount of popularity regarding historical fiction in France.  there are a lot of well drawn and researched French graphic novel artists/writers and there is Assassin's Creed.

I guess historical fiction is quite popular in France. Particularly, historical crime novels (the 17th/18th centuries are often among the most popular, possibly because the country was strong during these days, also because the Revolution is seen as a pivotal moment so there are quite a lot of novels that are around 1789, either just before or just after).

I guess WWII used to be popular a couple of decades ago, when we portrayed ourselves as resistants. The mainstream vision has changed quite a lot on this matter. Now, it's more or less customary to hate this period of time and to bring some dose of self-loathing in the process. History is quite heavily influenced by today's "mores". I guess it was always like that, but it's quite annoying when you see people in the media that pretend to know a period of time, while they are often misinformed. I've read many books on it and I hear misrepresentations every day.

Ubisoft, as a French company, didn't make many games on France (except Unity). I hear they have a pretty big team of historians. I've seen footages of AC used in many documentaries (particularly Florence).

On 7/8/2020 at 11:30 PM, Matt! said:

I think she's on something...no more catnip for you lady..

The Jill model and voice actor have started youtube channels just based on their small amount of work here..