Bellazon

Luis Figo
Thumbnail

dessi

inter won the club world cup with Figo

Last night at ABU DHabi inter won the club world cup.Luis who was with the team since last week was also on the bench along side Benitez since the first minutes.I saw him on the TV several times...so cute as always.

Here are some photos of inter and Figo celebration in dressing room for their 5th trophy in 2010:

57e1ac5e13c0537b04b7c5efdec63cd4.jpga43d76d97f580f25de681fe82327d7e5.jpg41c44760059f7502a507c83f0d2ed24b.jpg77973de78a0c8f0d453cd57ec3fd2c2c.jpg78b479e522ecf7e0b510c861412222a3.jpg

Friends of Figo 5-4 Friends of Casillas

More than 6,000 people attended the 'Partido por la Ilusion' charitable match

Alberto Navarro / Translation by Michael J. O'Donnell

Young and old enjoyed watching a match that brought many legendary players together for a good cause.

Butragueño scored the opener, defeating Casillas after controlling the ball inside the box (14’). The strike was preceded four minutes earlier by a nostalgic effort between Zidane and Figo in which the Frenchman served the ball to Figo, whose volley hit the crossbar.

The Friends of Casillas reacted to the strike and Osvaldo soon scored after receiving a pass from Busquets (17’). Without rest, Guti then netted another strike from outside the box.

Osvaldo nearly scored from a beautiful lobbed shot, but the ball hit the crossbar (27’). Busquets thrilled the crowd with a nutmeg and Couto nearly netted an equaliser on the 36-minute mark.

Strikes soon followed. Guti scored another with his left foot. Granero then defeated Casillas, and so did Futre with a header.

Figo scored a goal in the 47th minute and Osvaldo netted the equaliser. Just when it seemed the match would en in a draw, Granero showcased the quality he proved to have against Levante and sealed the match.

MATCH REPORT

4 - Friends of Casillas: Casillas, Hierro, Karembeu, Busquets, Guti, Lamouchi, Osvaldo –starting seven–. Celades and Tissote also played.

Coach: Luis Aragones

5 - Friends of Figo: Cristian Alvarez, Couto, Sanchis, Miguel Torres, Granero, Figo, Zidane –starting seven–. Butragueño, Futre and Sa Pinto also played.

Coach: Michel

Goals:

0-1: Butragueño (14’).

1-1: Osvaldo (17’).

2-1: Guti (19’).

3-1: Guti (39’).

3-2: Granero (40’).

3-3: Futre (42’).

3-4: Figo (47’).

4-4: Osvaldo (49’).

4-5: Granero (50’).

Referee: Muñiz Fernandez

Highlights: 'Partido por la Ilusion' charitable match. Venue: Palacio de los Deportes, Madrid. Attendance: Over 6,000. Sports Secretary Jaime Lissavetzky, and footballers De Gea and Fernando Llorente attended the match.

Team Figo defeated Team Iker 5-4 in their Football 7 “hope” charity game last Thursday. Among the madridista names who participated were Zidane (above right, looking like he could still play professionally), el Buitre (one goal), Sanchís, Miguel Torres (above, left) and el Pirata (two goals, including the game winner) with Luis (one goal), and Guti (two goals), Karembeu, Hierro and Celades with Iker.

The €70,000 raised from the game are destined for Luis’ foundation, Iker’s foundation and the CSD’s (Consejo Superior de Deportes) foundation for their cultural diversity league, to be played next year.

Guti played the game wearing a pair of casual sports shoes, because “I came from Turkey and I didn’t have anything else. In the end, all you need to do is kick the ball and so any pair of shoes will do. I’m very happy to be in Madrid.” Since he scored two goals, maybe he’s on to something there… And I love the fact that Iker and Luis had little banners to exchange with each other before the game.

Watch some highlights here.

© unamadridista

• 2 weeks later...

Italy International and former Sampdoria Star Giampaolo Pazzini is new successor of Figo's number 7 jersey at inter

5cbd60a579b06a6cc06da599cd540d42.jpg

Luis Figo retired at May 2009 and after his departure of football field his compatriot Quaresma wore number 7 jersey but he wasn't successfull at inter.Now inter's new signing Giampaolo Pazzini has chosen to wear the number 7 jesrey and although Figo is retired now but still the number 7 at inter will remind many people Figo's great years with inter.

a173e8d7f3c469b9d039b944fb532324.jpg

The first words of Pazzini in the presentation press conference ahead of journalists were about this matter and inter's official website published it:

Pazzini has chosen to wear the number 7 jersey, not without prior reflection, but with the support of a Nerazzurri legend who always honoured that number: “I received a phone call from Luis Figo and he told me that the number 7 jersey was an important one, but that I had his blessing to take it (smiled the striker).”

http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?L=en&a...mp;stringa=figo