Bellazon

Wonder Woman (2017)

PinkCouture

Wonder Woman is an upcoming American superhero film based on the DC Comics character of the same name, distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. It is intended to be the fourth installment in the DC Extended Universe. The film is directed by Patty Jenkins, written by Allan Heinberg and Geoff Johns, from a story by Heinberg and Zack Snyder, and stars Gal Gadot, Chris Pine, Connie Nielsen, Robin Wright, Lucy Davis, Lisa Loven Kongsli, Danny Huston, Ewen Bremner, Saïd Taghmaoui, Elena Anaya and David Thewlis. In Wonder Woman, after American pilot Steve Trevor crashes on the island of Themyscira and tells her about a world war that is happening, Diana leaves her home to try to stop the war and becomes Wonder Woman.

Principal photography began in late November 2015 and wrapped in May 2016. Wonder Woman is scheduled to be released on June 2, 2017, in 2D, 3D and IMAX 3D.

Synopsis

Diana, princess of the Amazons, was raised on a sheltered island and trained to be an unconquerable fighter. After an American pilot, Steve Trevor, crashes on the island and tells her about a world war that is happening, Diana leaves her home to try to stop the war.

Cast:

Gal Gadot: Diana Prince / Wonder Woman
Chris Pine: Steve Trevor
Robin Wright: General Antiope
Connie Nielsen: Queen Hippolyta
Lucy Davis: Etta Candy
Samantha Jo: Euboea
Lisa Loven Kongsli: Melanippe
Florence Kasumba: Senator Acantha
Mayling Ng: Orana
Madeleine Vall: Egeria

wikipedia & IMDB

I thought Wonder Woman's introduction in Batman vs Superman was a bit superficial, but I'm optimistic about Gal Gadot in the role here. There's a touch of Talisa Soto about her, which is no bad thing. :yes:

What I can't believe is that the movie isn't out until the middle of 2017. DC always promotes its stuff so oddly, they bust out a trailer that makes it look pretty close to the finished article, and then leave everyone sitting on it for almost a year.

• 3 months later...

W0ASVuc5.jpg zHioE7Jq.jpg

Directed by :  Patty Jenkins
Produced by :  Charles Roven, Zack Snyder, Deborah Snyder, Richard Suckle
Screenplay by :  Allan Heinberg, Geoff Johns
Story by :  Zack Snyder, Allan Heinberg
Based on    Wonder Woman
by William Moulton Marston
Starring :  Gal Gadot, Chris Pine, Connie Nielsen, Robin Wright, Lucy Davis, Lisa Loven Kongsli

Release dates >> June 2, 2017 (United States)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This isn't sounding too good so far. Hopefully the report is wide of the mark, DC and Warners can ill afford to have both Wonder Woman and Justice League flop or even underperform. :no:

Similar to past reports about Batman vs. Superman, it's now being said both the Wonder Woman movie and the Justice League movie are suffering from problems and appear to be disasters in the making.

Regarding Wonder Woman, Sasha from the Schmoes Know podcast, which happened to have DC All Access' Tiffany Smith appearing, said she heard it from the same friend who heard that Batman vs. Superman was bad that Wonder Woman is a stinker as well. Sasha went on to note that she and her source are big Wonder Woman fans and were hoping for the best. The DC source/Sasha said, "I'm very disappointed in what I saw, and it seems like all the problems are the same problems. It's discombobulated, it doesn't have narrative flow. It's just very disjointed." Now for Justice League, a rumor hit the net earlier in the week that states the Ben Affleck Batman movie production is getting pushed back a few months until Summer, which may be because Ben Affleck is still writing the script. However, Batman on Film theorizes it may have something to do with problems with Justice League, in which they hear is a "mess." It's further suggested that Ben Affleck may even want to bail on the DCEU because things are so bad, which is why Ben Affleck has been seemingly back and forth about doing the Batman movie. Following the disappointment of Batman vs. Superman, Warner Bros. was said to have made changes by removing or downgrading the roles of certain producers and promoting Geoff Johns to DC Entertainment President and co-runner of the DC films with Jon Berg. I think Wonder Woman is the first movie Johns and Berg are fully involved with, so if things are still the same, it appears more changes will be necessary. The common denominator on all the movie happens to be Zack Snyder and his brain trust of producers which includes his wife Deborah Snyder, Charles Roven and Wes Coller.

Zack Snyder was also behind the lukewarm response to Man of Steel (director) and produced Suicide Squad, which got hammered by critics.

• 3 months later...

Looking at this new trailer and comparing it to the Spider-Man one that was only recently released, I'd have to say that while this clip has so much more action (not to mention heavy metal guitar riffs), the other has a level of dialogue and character acting that feels better executed. I'll probably still end up seeing both though, just to compare and contrast. :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2017 at 10:48 AM, SympathysSilhouette said:

I like the "Wonder Woman" trailer. Or I should probably say trailers at this point.

I do hope it doesn't fail at the box office, regardless of its quality level. This movie will be held up as a referendum on female-led Superhero movies. Which is absurd but that's where we are at.

I expect it to open strongly, but probably more in spite of its marketing than because of it. The media campaign (or lack thereof) suggests a much smaller advertising budget than for Suicide Squad or Batman vs Superman, perhaps in response to the subpar performances of those films.

Do you think you'll see it on the big screen? Given DC's recent track record, I'll probably still be going into it with some trepidation, but my gut feeling is that it'll be at least in the Man of Steel range of quality. Some of the bits and pieces I've seen up to now look legitimately interesting.

On 5/23/2017 at 5:48 AM, SympathysSilhouette said:

I do hope it doesn't fail at the box office, regardless of its quality level. This movie will be held up as a referendum on female-led Superhero movies. Which is absurd but that's where we are at.

It is absurd, but you are right, that will happen. Then it will happen again in two years when Captain Marvel comes out.

For the box office, projections vary but seem to be coming in lower than the other three DC Extended Universe movies. The budget for Wonder Woman is lower than those three, so the studio doesn't need it to make as much to be considered successful. You never know until the tickets are sold, though.

2 hours ago, jkjk said:

It is absurd, but you are right, that will happen. Then it will happen again in two years when Captain Marvel comes out.

And to that point, although it's probably a bit of an odd thought, Marvel will likely be looking at this and hoping that it performs well. That being said, it's ridiculous to have arrived at a point where there's so much riding on one film. There would have been far less pressure had Marvel done what they should have done ages ago and commissioned a Black Widow solo story.

On 24/5/2017 at 2:49 PM, Michael* said:

I expect it to open strongly, but probably more in spite of its marketing than because of it. The media campaign (or lack thereof) suggests a much smaller advertising budget than for Suicide Squad or Batman vs Superman, perhaps in response to the subpar performances of those films.

Do you think you'll see it on the big screen? Given DC's recent track record, I'll probably still be going into it with some trepidation, but my gut feeling is that it'll be at least in the Man of Steel range of quality. Some of the bits and pieces I've seen up to now look legitimately interesting.

I like their use of the lasso as a weapon, some of the stuff in the trailer looks like it was borrowed from things they did in the animated universe before.

tenodr.gif

19 hours ago, Michael* said:

And to that point, although it's probably a bit of an odd thought, Marvel will likely be looking at this and hoping that it performs well. That being said, it's ridiculous to have arrived at a point where there's so much riding on one film. There would have been far less pressure had Marvel done what they should have done ages ago and commissioned a Black Widow solo story.

It's funny that they seem so afraid of this whilst Luc Besson more or less made that movie with "Lucy" and it did very well at the box office.