Bellazon

Elektra. :heart::heart::heart: I'm so excited for this series. I think the interactions between the four characters is going to be great- they're all very distinct personalities which should make for some interesting tv.  Still need to get around to watching Iron Fist. 

On 5/4/2017 at 3:18 AM, toodarnhot said:

Elektra. :heart::heart::heart: I'm so excited for this series. I think the interactions between the four characters is going to be great- they're all very distinct personalities which should make for some interesting tv.  Still need to get around to watching Iron Fist. 

Yeah, I think Cage and particularly Rand are characters who'll really benefit from being part of a group piece. They're both decent in their own right, but when they have teammates to bounce off, I feel like we should see the best of them. :smile:

• 1 month later...
On 7/5/2017 at 2:06 PM, gotportugal said:

Is it essential to watch Iron Fist before this?

It's hard to be sure without knowing exactly what Defenders is going to have up its sleeve, but probably not. Rand will be to this roughly what Thor was to the first Avengers movie, in the sense that he'll be the guy who brings all the elements of magic and mysticism to the group. So as long as the idea of him arriving fully formed with powers that are a little different doesn't sound too jarring, I dare say you'll be fine to just jump straight in. :smile:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 7:55 PM, toodarnhot said:

Elodie is such a stunner. :heart:  I'm so excited for Defenders the more promotion I see for it. 

She's down for all eight episodes according to IMDB, as is Jessica Henwick who was one of the real highlights of Iron Fist. Add the presence of Rosario Dawson and this may be too much for my heart. :laugh:

The rest of the returning characters are:

- Claire (6 episodes)
- Foggy (4 episodes)
- Gao (4 episodes)
- Misty (4 episodes)
- Trish (4 episodes)
- Stick (3 episodes)
- Malcolm (3 episodes)
- Hogarth (3 episodes)
- Karen (3 episodes)
- Father Lantrom (1 episode)
- Turk (1 episode)
- Bakuto
- Punisher

• 3 weeks later...

Two episodes in now. My hope beforehand was for the story to come out swinging and that hasn't really been the case, but it does feel like things are starting to heat up a bit as we edge closer to establishing the four leads as a team.

I would agree that the Hand are profoundly uninteresting though, even with Elektra in tow.

^ The first two episodes drag. I might not have powered through if all my friends hadn't assured me it really picks up afterwards. 

I finished it last night, and enjoyed it. I think the plot/storyline was a little weak, but I really enjoyed the character dynamics and also really loved getting to see the small interactions between the minor characters between the shows. I didn't watch Iron Fist, and managed to understand everything perfectly, so it's definitely not required viewing before Defenders. 

On 8/22/2017 at 9:25 PM, toodarnhot said:

^ The first two episodes drag. I might not have powered through if all my friends hadn't assured me it really picks up afterwards. 

I finished it last night, and enjoyed it. I think the plot/storyline was a little weak, but I really enjoyed the character dynamics and also really loved getting to see the small interactions between the minor characters between the shows. I didn't watch Iron Fist, and managed to understand everything perfectly, so it's definitely not required viewing before Defenders. 

I found the first meeting between Cage and Rand in episode two just satisfying enough to keep me hanging on, and to overlook my reservations about the Hand and what appears to be a fairly ropey, vague evil plan. Overall, if the plot is fairly simplistic but we get more interactions like it, I'd probably put that down as a fair trade-off. :hehe:

There was some groundwork laid in Iron Fist regarding K'un-Lun, but a lot was referenced only by Danny talking about it, which was a disappointment at the time. Even though a few different strands would benefit from having a little more context, I don't think it'll be to the extent that you couldn't work out everybody's deal quickly enough.

Reached the halfway point this evening. The fourth episode was slower with a lot of emphasis on the dialogue, which I personally prefer, but it feels like everything is more or less where it needs to be to kick off the second half of the season.

I have high hopes for the thing with Elektra too, I suspect that they've been using her choices of weaponry thematically to build up the probable return of her memory.

The odd thing was, although a shorter run for Defenders sounded about right in theory, they still managed to fall into an issue of pacing. Where some of Marvel's Netflix stuff suffers from having to stretch the content to fit a run of 13 episodes, this felt like they were trying to cram 13 episodes' worth of content into eight episodes. At times, it was very evident that they were really having to race in order to set up the season finale. It's like they got it back to front, the solo shows would have benefited from being more streamlined while the big showpiece crossover would have benefited from having more time to build things.

Overall though, I enjoyed it. The establishment of the four leads as a team and the interactions between characters (especially Jessica and Matt, which I would never have predicted beforehand) made it more than worthwhile.

Started watching 3 hours ago and now finished Ep4 lol. I was very much anticipating the show, so altough slow, I powered through the episodes quite easily. The highlight for me so far is definitely Jessica and Daredevil meeting. Easily my favorite characters and the only shows I watched beforehand.