Bellazon

Marvel's Iron Fist

Michael*

marvel-iron-fist-official-logo-05da0.jpg

Marvel's Iron Fist
Release Date: March 17, 2017

Synopsis

Fifteen years after being presumed dead in a plane crash, Danny Rand (Finn Jones) mysteriously returns to New York City determined to reclaim his birthright and family company. However, when a long-destined enemy rises in New York, this living weapon is forced to choose between his family’s legacy and his duties as the Iron Fist.

Cast

Finn Jones - Danny Rand / Iron Fist

Jessica Henwick - Colleen Wing

Jessica Stroup - Joy Meachum

David Wenham - Harold Meachum

Tom Pelphrey - Ward Meachum

Rosario Dawson - Claire Temple

Carrie-Anne Moss - Jeri Hogarth

Lewis Tan - Zhou Cheng

Wai Ching Ho - Gao

This one is a bit further away than Luke Cage with an official release date still to be confirmed, but the teaser offers a few hints of what's to come. The plot synopsis makes it sound very 'Batman Begins'. :laugh:

• 1 month later...

Netflix just kicked off this year's New York Comic-Con with another teaser trailer. I don't expect anything to top Wilson Fisk as the villain, but given the martial arts vibe, I have fairly high hopes for the action sequences. :hehe:

• 3 months later...

I do love that they've made Claire a fixture of Marvel's Netflix stuff. If Rosario Dawson is on my TV screen, I'll never complain. :hehe:

A bit of a surprise to see the relative lack of action sequences in this latest clip. Since the other shows have had multiple trailers, I've a feeling that we might get a pure action one later on. Truthfully, the version of Danny Rand in the books was never the most interestingly written guy, so unless they're holding back a few deconstructive twists, the show will probably stand or fall based on its fight scenes.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, peroxideblonde said:

i'm on episode 4 and i like it, it start a bit slow but is getting better!

How would you say it stacks up with some of the other Netflix originals?  I've kind of got a bit of a backlog of those series that I've been meaning to watch but haven't gotten around to it.  Might have to finally get around to them here at some point soon. :smile: 

4 minutes ago, VS19 said:

How would you say it stacks up with some of the other Netflix originals?  I've kind of got a bit of a backlog of those series that I've been meaning to watch but haven't gotten around to it.  Might have to finally get around to them here at some point soon. :smile: 

for now not really but if you want to see The Defenders you need to watch it!

Three episodes in now. I can't help thinking that if this had arrived before Daredevil and Jessica Jones, the reception would have been rapturous. With it instead having to follow those two shows, as well as something like Legion which has raised the bar for comic book adaptations higher still, there's really no getting away from the fact that it doesn't offer anything genuinely original. For the most part though, it's perfectly serviceable superhero stuff and an enjoyable extension of Marvel's Netflix universe. I'll be sticking with it. :yes:

I need to finish the sixth episode later on. On the one hand, I do agree that this might be the weakest of Marvel's four Netflix shows. The action scenes are less visceral and emotive than the ones in Daredevil and Luke Cage and the characters are less well-developed than Jessica Jones, so I probably wouldn't put it up there with those three. On the other hand, judged on its own merits as a straight-up superhero story, the quality is sufficiently high enough for me to have really enjoyed watching so far, and have my expectations raised still further for Defenders. :hehe:

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 10:51 AM, gotportugal said:

Episode 1 is really meh IMO. I don't know if I want to continue to watch it.

The first two episodes are quite drearily paced, but it starts to find focus afterwards and gains some real momentum by episode four. Again, not the best of the Marvel Netflix shows, I'd probably put it roughly on a par or perhaps slightly below Luke Cage.

Just now, Michael* said:

The first two episodes are quite drearily paced, but it starts to find focus afterwards and gains some real momentum by episode four. Again, not the best of the Marvel Netflix shows, I'd probably put it roughly on a par or perhaps slightly below Luke Cage.

I'll watch when I get time. Jessica Jones is still my favorite IMO