Bellazon

Nick Cannon
Thumbnail

chick style

Nicholas Scott Cannon (born October 8, 1980) is an American rapper, comedian, music producer and actor.

Cannon was born in San Diego, California to African American parents James Cannon and Beth Hackett. He attended Monte Vista High School in Spring Valley. He began performing at the age of eight, and later formed the rap duo "Da Bomb Squad" with his best friend. They opened for the likes of Will Smith, LFO, 98 Degrees, and Montell Jordan. When he was sixteen, he moved to Hollywood. He performed at comedy clubs such as The Improv, The Laugh Factory and the Comedy Store.

Cannon began as a writer for the famous duo Kenan & Kel then he moved onto working for Nickelodeon. Nick started off as a stand-up man to warm up the audience of All That. He quickly landed a starring role on the show in 1998. He landed his own show on the channel, The Nick Cannon Show, which he starred, executive produced, created and composed the theme song for. He has also appeared in several films, including leading roles in 2002's Drumline, Love Don't Cost a Thing, and the 2005 Underclassman. He voiced as Louis the mouse in The Garfield Movie, and voiced Officer Lister in Monster House. In 2006, he will appear in the movie Goal! 2 as a player for the Spanish football team Real Madrid and also in 2007 the Day of the Dead remake.

Cannon also has collaborated with many musicians such as Lil' Romeo, 3LW and appeared on soundtracks. He released his 2003 eponymous debut album, which sold 200,000 copies, and went on tour with B2K in the summer of 2003. His song Dime Piece is a single in which Nick Cannon is looking at girls to put in his new video, "Domez" but he's tired of seeing the same girl over and over so he goes out and looks for some food. He has a camera that tells about each one. At the end of the video/song its says "The Search Continues..." His song "Can I Live?" tells the story of a young woman in 1979 who leaves an abortion clinic after being visited by the grown version of her un-born child. His mother makes a cameo appearance at the end as he speaks:

[[image:cquote1.png

Nick Cannon]] It's uplifting, for real y'all. I ain't passing no judgement. Ain't making no decisions. I am just telling y'all my story. I love life. I love my mother for giving me life. We all need to appreciate life. A strong woman that had to make a sacrifice. Thanks for listening. Thanks for listening. Mama, thanks for listening...

[[image:cquote2.png

Nick Cannon]]

Cannon is the producer and host of MTV's improv comedy show Wild 'N Out which debuted in 2005, and features actors such as Katt Williams. The show has been a huge success and ranks among the top shows on cable in ratings. He also released his first single, "Can I Live," featuring Anthony Hamilton, from Cannon's upcoming album, Stages, the same year. He once dated singer / actress Christina Milian. At one point, he was rumored to be dating Lindsay Lohan.

Cannon is "hilarious" according to a fictional version of Dave Chappelle's son on Chappelle's Show.

The show Wild 'N Out will return in its third season on August 10, 2006.

For more than two years, Nick Cannon, a Born-again Christian, has dated Grammy nominated singer and actress Christina Milian, but their relationship ended, allegedly, after she discovered secret phone messages from other women, Kelsie Becker who he is currently dating. Christina claims that they are no longer friends, though Nick claims they are. Nick recently did an exclusive interview for Sister 2 Sister magazine discussing the relationship and reasons for the breakup.

• 1 year later...