Bellazon

Preacher

Limerlight

From Wiki:

Preacher is an American television series developed by Evan Goldberg, Seth Rogen and Sam Catlin for AMC starring Dominic Cooper. It is an adaptation of the comic book series created by Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon, and published by DC Comics' Vertigo imprint. The series was officially picked up on September 9, 2015, with a ten-episode order which premiered on May 22, 2016.

Developed by

Seth Rogen

Evan Goldberg

Sam Catlin

Starring

Dominic Cooper as Jesse Custer
Joseph Gilgun as Cassidy
Ruth Negga as Tulip O'Hare
Lucy Griffiths as Emily Woodrow
W. Earl Brown as Sheriff Hugo Root
Tom Brooke as Fiore
Anatol Yusef as DeBlanc
Ian Colletti as Eugene Root / "Arseface"
Derek Wilson as Donny Schenck
Graham McTavish as The Saint of Killers

I've only read the first collected edition of the comic series since I love almost anything Garth Ennis does.

But the first two episodes of the show were sublime :chicken: I loved the hell out of them it's so well done

Dominic as Jesse is a fantastic casting, I really can't wait to see where they will go with this series. It makes me miss the hell out of the Constantine series though :sad:

I've been dreaming of seeing a good adaptation of this for quite a while, although I can't help thinking that nailing the tone is going to be a real challenge. The books were so dark, so dry, so outrageous and yet so oddly plausible at the same time. Seth Rogen's involvement makes me a bit nervous too. :/

I know your concerns Michael, it's... well

Obviously the TV series isn't gonna be as dark and everything as the comics (there's no way)

My friend said it was kinda like the Walking dead and how it has it's own kinda story and take off on the comics, but still keeping a sense of tradiitionalism to the comics. :idk: I like where TV preacher is going and I hope it stays this way but it could turn pretty easily

Yeah, I can't imagine a conceivable way that any network would allow an unadulterated version onto our screens, but if it's even a tenth as interesting and entertaining as the original work, then it'll be well worth watching. I'll certainly give it a shot if and when it reaches the UK, I'd like nothing more than to see them knock one out of the park, so to speak. :yes:

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No spoils, what they are doing with the history of Jesse and Tulip is fucking phenomenal :shocking: The whole backstory of everything they have been setting up this season is shockingly effective. I always loved the comic back story but the new one is just wow.

To be honest Jesse is starting to annoying me with God.

Cassidy do not seem to understand that his "friend" from Quebec do not like him :rofl:

What the Hell with Eugene? Not sure I like the "friendly" Hitler story. I don't want to feel sorry for that bag of shit :dry:

Trying to figure out if the other villains in Hell were famous bad people for real?

On 18/07/2017 at 4:48 AM, Limerlight said:

No spoils, what they are doing with the history of Jesse and Tulip is fucking phenomenal :shocking: The whole backstory of everything they have been setting up this season is shockingly effective. I always loved the comic back story but the new one is just wow.

Jesse is a big double ass. Now & then. What was their story in the comics?